Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Chicago customs where do you hang out?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pro Stock John, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll be heading down to World of Wheels when it arrives March 2-4. Anybody else going? Be sure to avoid the ridiculous amount of people in line to see the D-list (I don't think there's an E or F-list) celebrities such as Chumlee or Billy the Exterminator.

2. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

I'll be there

3. I go to WoW pretty often, if schedule permits I would probably check it out.

4. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I think Chumlee is F list.:p:D

Wawa we wa.:p

5. Anyone else been sick... I think I've been sick for 3 weeks straight, got z pack from cvs minute clinic and am finally on the mend... sinus infection + head cold... bleh.

They salted the shit out of roads, no Merc driving this weekend.

6. YEP! 4 days in bed and still not right.

7. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

I been going nuts with business, mostly. Mostly chores and family stuff. Im ready to get the show in the road. Hey is anyone else doing Torque Fest?

8. Cub8556

Cub8556

Ya me and a buddy or two will be riding out to Torque Fest. Not sure if I'm doing both days or not, depends on work.

9. I drove mine a lot this weekend, anyone else been out?

10. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

I put about 350 miles on the 52' Lincoln over the past two weeks and another 100 or so on the 57' F100. I am about 55 miles east of you. We had our first local "cruise-in" last Tuesday night with about 25 cars showing up. As the season progesses and more people get their cars out we should see between 75 and 100 cars on a Tuesday night!

11. Cool... As a longtime Chicago North side guy, I'm hopeful we can agree on a good place to hit on a specific night.

Maybe...

Superdawg on Milwaukee
    Wolfies on Peterson

Where else comes to mind?

12. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I drove the '36 all day Wednesday last week. It was so nice out!

PS. Garage Days swap meet at HRCC on April 22!

13. I'll be driving out from the North side to Downers Grove Sunday morning, might see me on the highway beep if y'all do.

Anyone want to start up a car club?

14. Cub8556

Cub8556

Downers? Is there some secret swap meet I don't know about? I'm out there a lot and hate driving my Buick with all the moron drivers and traffic.

I've been looking for a car club let me know if you get some interest

15. Cub8556

Cub8556

Wow, those are cool as hell. I had no idea that many clubs existed

16. vedy interesting..............
    [​IMG]

17. There are a bunch of car clubs already in Chicago, VooDoo Kings, Chrome Czars, The Blackwalls (Ryan and Alex), and that one I see a lot on the North side can't remember their name...

18. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Wish I was a little closer,60 miles on 94 is a little to far on a work night, I'd be in on the "car club" thing. My parents were original members of a local club called "Early Iron" and my brother and I have often talked about trying to restart it. I would be down to coming out your way for a little meet and greet if it happens on a weekend or one of the few weekdays I can get off.

19. That's cool. I think some of the benefit of forming a club would be a helpful network and honestly it's more fun to cruise somewhere with a few cars. Where are you in IN?

20. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

60 miles due east of you, right off the lake, next to the Michigan stateline.

21. 91bluecamaro

91bluecamaro

Anybody know a good, dependable shop I could get some seals replaced in my Dynaflow trans? I REALLY want to dirive her but the pig is pourin fluid.

22. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Pro Stock - We are planning on hitting a few shows on the other side of Chicago this year. There is always at lease 3 of us and sometimes more, I'll be sure to PM you and you can always join the caravan. PM me if you are hitting any shows west of you and it will remind me.

23. That sounds like a great plan. I'm not too up on the show circuit to be honest so I'm pretty open. I don't see me driving to Iowa for that one deal.

24. I heard there is a car show Sunday morning at the Caribou coffee shop in Naperville on 59
    I am a newbie to the area so I do not know what it's all about. I am probably going to see what turns up, I might take the Cockroach out since it is suppose to be sunny.

25. I didnt hear anything about that but I may swing by there. If you hear anymore details let me know.

26. Cub8556

Cub8556

I would love to get a cruise set up in the next few weeks. Gotta try to squeeze a trip in incase this nice weather goes into hiding. Maybe it would also give us an idea on the amount of interest in resurrecting an old car club?

27. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That list of old Chicago car clubs is pretty cool.