Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lakester Headers : GEAR DRIVE : Perfect

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Candy-Man, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Matt at [​IMG] Gear Drive Speed & Custom / lakeheaders.com is simply excellent to deal with. I have a customer who was unsure of the header design he wished to use, until the car was completed. Well, I certainly was not feeling the love, welding on and around a completed car with nice paint to say the least. Matt to the rescue, PERFECTION !!!! Thx again Matt....

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      80.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      70.9 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      75.8 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      66.2 KB
      Views:
  2. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

I cant say Im happy with Matts headers .Because Im to slow at building my car,His welds are beautiful and hes one of the goodguys,Im sure theyr'e top quality,He builds them,Not chinese crap......So many guys on here run them and havent heard any problems ,Ill say thanks to matt also....

3. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Yes his TIG welding is great !!!

4. Proud to call matt a friend!

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

like the design!

6. CGkidd

CGkidd

Matt just finished mine up and they are in the mail, I am excited.

7. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Without a doubt Matt is one of the goodguys in this industry. Willing to spend as much time as needed to help a customer, or anyone, out and when you talk with him it is very evident he knows his craft.

Wish every company did business like Saltflatmatt.:) Just goes to show that a small business can do things in a very professional, friendly way and compete with the big boys.

Don

8. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Matt is my hero. I have an altar with his picture on it at the shop. I have sacrificed many goats to it.

9. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

I talked with Matt for the first time earlier today, While he doesn't have a jig for my particullar application he offered to make me a special ufab kit to accomidate my wider firewall an cowl even told he would be glad to help me with the fabbing over the phone! Try and get that from sppedway!

10. daddio211

daddio211

Got mine in the mail earlier this week, but was out of town. I haven't even opened the box yet, but I'm so damned excited! Going to be PERFECT on my '27 roadster with 283 and Power Glide.

Yes, I will start a thread soon!

Thanks Matt! And glad I could help Tuck out a little too!

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Those look perfect. Love when they angle down like that....it's just more gooder.

12. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

As all have stated above, Matt spends too much time trying to make people happy with his outstanding customer service... Some companies should attend the "School of Matt" and take his customer service class 101....

We probably had 10 phone calls and 10 emails with measurements to nail the rake and design for the headers..... It is much more difficult building this header design for a suicide door car for many reasons !!!

Call Matt for your "Hot Rod SPEAKERS"....

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  13. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Matt is the man!!
    I hear a lot of "Buy American"..... well here is the opportunity. Matt goes to the wall to please. Those Pipes are Perfect Neil! WOW!
    Gear Drive goes the distance to satisfy.

Man,.... those headers looks killer.
    Support the ALLIANCE.

14. joee

joee

don't know which is best...his work or his customer service !!!!!! it makes ya smile when you open the box and get a look at your new headers !!!!!!

15. I have a set for my 331 Caddy engine. They look fantastic and Matt was real easy to deal with!

16. biscuit eater

biscuit eater

I got my headers from Matt, I've posted before that I thought they were a work of art. Very easy to talk to, even with a newby like me.

17. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks fellas, I'm blushin.

All I really do it take phone calls and listen to my customers. I'm far from perfect, but I get a little better everyday.

18. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

I buy headers all the time from Matt. We talk on the phone alot too.. He is great to deal with and his headers are awesome! I wouldnt buy anywhere else... Oh and hes got a cool t-shirt too..

19. CGkidd

CGkidd

I got them they are so cool. The welds are bitchin.

20. perk30

perk30

Got my headers from Matt last year and was super pleased with his customer service and the quality of the product. Was going to get them coated but after I ran them and they turned a nice shade of greyish blue I'm keeping them natural. Every so often I give them a quick rub down with a scotch brite pad and they look goood as new.

21. That may be all you do, but I can tell you, it's two things more than a lot of other companies these days...