Register now to get rid of these ads!

Forward Motion Picture

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. unclmx

unclmx
    from Atlanta Ga

I myself was at the DMV yesterday renewing my driver license here in Georgia. While there I texted my wife that I had never seen so many fat ugly sloppy people at one place in my life. I also commented that you could catch something just sitting there. This morning I woke up with a sore throat!

3. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Wow. That was pretty interesting. This is an example of an old thread that contains something a lot of people could learn from but would have never seen because it's from several years ago. Well, unless they searched for particular topics by themselves, then they would..

Thanks for sharing this one however.

iPhone - TJJ app

4. captmullette

captmullette

yes, ryan, the dmv here in fla. is hell, to renew a fla. license you need, a certified copy of birth certificate, social security card, some other form of picture i.d., and this is the best, an electric bill ??? if you are a women you will also need a copy of your marriage license or divorce decree.......

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well that is one of life's mysteries solved!! Now if we can just see more of it done I'd be tickled. Would love to see what that Leica could do at Bonneville today.

Thanks!!

6. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

And then you try to take your grade school art lessons of perspective and draw a picture like this one...it never comes out right!

[​IMG]

7. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

from Hemmings:

Ab Jenkins in 1935 on his Allis-Chalmers:D

[​IMG]

8. BLAKE

BLAKE

POP QUIZ: What woulda been the result if the shutter opened right-to-left?

9. Why not mention your website Ryan , tell them to mention Rat Rod sent them!! Hahahaha!

10. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Since the object is moving left to right and the shutter is opening right to left the image would be compressed.

it wouldnt be leaned forward like my photoshop, I dont think, but thats the best I could do this morning...

Attached Files:

11. f1 fred

f1 fred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from mn

I think I remember reading that post! I was always curious about what caused that. Great refresher.

12. Notice the photographic image of Mildred does not lean in one direction or the other. That's because Mildred is not fast.

13. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I remember that thread, pretty cool info on a simple subject.

Ryan, it's almost 2.5 hours later, how close are you to being next one served?

14. truckjim

truckjim

Now thats funny! Good for Mildred!

15. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Ha! Only thing about that is --- neither is that Allis, or is it Alice.....

16. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm number 166. Right now, they are on 54.

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

17. Harms Way

Harms Way

A little O/T true DMV story to make you laugh next time you find yourself in line there.

My best friends brother Ian, was standing in line at the DMV on a busy day in metro Detroit with his three small kids,.. Just about any given day you'll find at least a 45 minute wait with a lot of folks in line.:(

Well the kids are getting restless, as kids do,... and finally after an hour in line,Ian finds himself next to be waited on,.. He has both hands full of paperwork and three little kids all around him,.... All eyes were on the guy that would be next !:cool:

Just as the Lady say "Next !",... His 6 year old son decides to pull himself up by Ian's back pockets,... This didn't work out so well, as he actually "Pants-ed" Him right there in front of everybody !!!!!:eek:,.... Now Ian had both hands full of paperwork, And his pants around his ankles,........:D

The entire place exploded in laughter!,... So Ian had to bend down and lay his paperwork on the floor, Before he could pull up his pants,... As he started to raise his trousers,.. He realized he had to unbuckle his belt and unzip before he could get them all the way up. Did I mention he was at the front of the line ???:D:D:D

Anyway,.. He puts himself back together,.. gathers up his paperwork and his children,.. Walks up to the window,... and the lady was laughing so hard she was crying,.. so he had to stand there in total embarrassment and wait until she could compose herself enough to take care of him.:D

As he went to leave, she said, "Come back anytime,.... And bring the kids",... He said people were still laughing as he left. He told me not to tell anybody,... so keep this to yourself.;):cool::D:D

18. Now that sucks!

19. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Only thing that could be worse is our DMV in Merced, CA. Seems like every clerk is vying for the position, "Most abrasive"...
    Stupid is an adjective that comes to mind.

20. You crack me up. And, do you have Mildred's contact info? Did she ask about me?

21. 41woodie

41woodie

DMV = Walmart with government management

22. NoSurf

NoSurf

LOL.

One more reason I love living in rural Kansas. No DMV. I go to the county treasurer's office and the nice ladies ask me as soon as I walk in "can I help you sir?" Usually takes about 5 minutes to register some old tin with an antique plate that you only pay for once.

Massachusetts DMV sucks
    Connecticut DMV really sucks
    Rhode Island DMV is the worst in the country by far.

23. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

interesting, I never knew how but always have drawn motion cars like that. cool post, too bad you'll have to make a new one before you'll be out of the dmv. ha ha

24. nfleone

nfleone

One of my 90+ year old customers related this to me.
    At 16 he goes down to the equivalent of DMV in Louisiana .
    His father is with him. My customer is there to get his first drivers license.
    They approach the clerk. The clerk looks up and asks "Can he drive" The father answers" Sure he can". The clerk fills out the paperwork and hands him the drivers lic.
    No test. At 90+ he has never taken a driving test, written or on the road.

Nick

25. Ryan - Interesting post! ... reminded me of this circa 1911 photograph of Bob Burman and his "Blitzen Benz" on the beach in Daytona:

[​IMG]
    Photo from the Library of Congress flickr photostream ... click HERE for larger
    image ... and/or checkout my Bob Burman & his "Blitzen Benz" ... PICS!!! thread.

26. Not a vintage photograph of a race car ... but here's a 3 minute long video clip from a DMV office surveillance camera:

[​IMG]

Pay close attention at around the 1:32 mark of the video ... you can clearly see that the clerk behind counter #3 actually does move! :rolleyes: :)

27. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I just did mine on-line, no probs. Never went, never smelled any thing, never got my shoes dirty. Gary

28. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

I was just pondering this in my head yesterday while looking at a photo over at the Old Motor website of an old race car in motion. "How dey do dat?" :confused:

Thanks for the explanation Ryan! Makes perfect sense now.

29. Dan Warner

Dan Warner
    from so cal

Cool - I too was always interested in how that worked. Not enough to search the answer out. I don't think that I was on board in '07, I don't remember this subject before.

The chief of LAPD now wants to grant rights to unlicensed drivers so a trip to DMV is no longer required.

DW

30. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Still not far off of reality, but the "video" seems to just be a photo. I waited until at least 1:50 and never saw anything change.