Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Clutch Popper Wednesdays

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Kid, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Jay.S

Jay.S

Cool stuff! Take lots of pictures!

2. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Fuckin' gold chainers!

3. VonKool13

VonKool13

I hope you brought plenty of lawn chairs and several cry baby dolls! :D

4. Jaybird60

Jaybird60

Damn you guys have all the fun!

5. DirtyJoe

DirtyJoe

Dave's fleetline is looking good. Curious to see what he will use for taillights.

6. hotflint

hotflint

You are in so much trouble this weekend for that Graham!:eek::)

Its my father in laws generosity that brought us that rig!

:)SUCKA!:)

7. hotflint

hotflint

stay tuned!!!!

8. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Jokes on you, SUCKA, I won't be there!

Lolololololol

9. hotflint

hotflint

WHAT!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

10. Can't wait to see pics of the Fleetline. Also those trophies are fucking rad!

11. Greezeball

Greezeball

Hahahahahaha!!! Fuckin' classic.

Really though nice job guys. Wish I could go but I'm working :(
    Good luck.

12. NORTH30FORD

NORTH30FORD

Thanks, guys. For making the trip down to the show. Was great to see what you've been up too in person.

Love that that roadster of yours, Lee!

Thanks for picking my Fleetline as your clubs' pick for "best custom". Totally unexpected, I haven't done a thing to it, including a wash, for awhile. Been busy with the Jimmy.

In early July we're planning on having a pre-stampede/spring thaw, Rollers/Diablos, mariachi band playing, all day pancake breakfast get-togther in the Wolfe Street cul-de-sac. Hope you guys can make it down. I'll let you know when we secure a date.

Peter

13. Hey no problem Peter, Alberta needs more things like this. I can't wait until next year! Hopefully there will be even more cars.

14. So Another Wednesday has come and gone. Tonight we met at the New West, BBQ pork shank was the special. Chocolate pudding for desert.:D
    Back at the shop we did sweet dick all. It was my night, and I was totally exhausted. Last Wednesday I ended up pulling an all nighter getting things ready for the show. The guys left at 3:30am, but I still had to pack my bag, get all the little things ready (camera, business cards etc). My 6:30am the trucks were all fueled up, and all my stuff was ready, the guys were meeting back at the shop at 8, so I just stayed up.
    Then there was the 4 days in Calgary, at the show all day, out on the town all night. I think the earliest we went to bed was 2:30am all weekend. Sunday we left Calgary around 11pm and drove right into a blizzard. We pulled off in Carstairs as the highway was closed, met these two drunk cowboys at the Carstairs bar, ended up giving them a ride to the bar in Olds. By 2am we got finally got out of Olds and continued home. At 5am Monday morning I was finally back in my own bed.
    Monday Afternoon we unloaded the trailers and loaded all the race car stuff back up (a 5 hour ordeal). Worked all day Tuesday, and then Tuesday night Dave, Charlie and I moved Daves milling machine in to the shop (another 5 hour ordeal ending just before midnight). So that brings us to tonight, where we sat around upstairs in the shop, and just hung out telling the guys about all the fun they missed out on in Calgary. The awesome restaurants we went to, Charlies run in with the cross dressing queers sitting next to us at Tubby Dog. Dave almost punching out a photographer. Bar hopping from one great music venue to another. Saturday night we stumbled into the Blues Can and caught Donald Ray Johnson up on stage in his 3 piece lavender suit. And much much more....

[​IMG]

Gran Turismo 5 on the play station
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a while American Graffiti made it on the TV
    [​IMG]

Fred moved from the floor to the couch
    [​IMG]

And Yea, thats about all. Pretty lame huh....
    Well to make you guys feel better, heres some pictures from the show on the weekend....

The drive down was pretty nice....
    [​IMG]

Set up on Thursday...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dig them tru-spokes
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really liked this truck...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm by no means a muscle car guy, but this car was really well done.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

72 Yamaha, chopped and painted in 72!
    [​IMG]

17. My car roped up in it's first indoor show....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Diablos Trophies....
    [​IMG]

Clutch Poppers Trophies
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Saturday night it was kind of dead, and we were bored so we decided to mock up Daves car with a Hirohata style hardtop and the door stretched 4". It was kind of cool, Murray from So-Cal Speed shop was helping, Pat from the Rod Shop, Matt, Charlie, Dave and Myself. One of the ISCA judges walked past and thought it was wicked!
    [​IMG]

Sunday Night after the awards. The roadster won 1st Place, Traditional roadster, Diablos Pick Best Traditional Hot Rod, and the Rollers Pick for best Hot Rod. I'm pretty happy. It's not even painted yet!
    [​IMG]

This 33 also won a Diablos Pick
    [​IMG]

Dave won 2nd place in his class. Not bad for it's first show, even with no back bumper, paint or interior
    [​IMG]

Our Pick for best Kustom went to Peter from the Rollers with his 50 Fleetline
    [​IMG]

And our pick for Best Hot Rod went to Matt with his pre-war style model A
    [​IMG]

And thats all for pics.
    The next two weeks will just be Charlie and Johnny. Dave and I are off to Bakersfield for the March Meet. Johnny said he would keep you guys updated though!

19. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Looked like a good time and trophies to boot!

20. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

iPhone - TJJ app

21. Thanks for the update. Show looked like it was pretty good especially the vintage alley. Nice to see!!

22. Why does Dave's shirt say "Dave" when it should say "Hot mess of love cream"?

23. Boulderdash

Boulderdash

Incredible cars sat that show. Love the hemi bare metal model A, perfect.

And is this Rubellion, imported from over here in the UK I understand.

Attached Files:

24. Thats written on the back....

25. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Yup, Spock brought it with him when he came over. Quite the history that little car has.

26. MistShift

MistShift

Looks like fun and congrats on the hardware! I think Dave could have snagged the 1st Place by dressing in coveralls and leaning on the front bumper crying ;)

All kidding aside, nice work fellas and proud talented builders like you are Canajin.

Cheers

27. Fuck Dave's Fleetline looks so rad! I also dig the fuck out of that blue T-Bird. Also congratulations on the award man, you deserve it!

28. Cruiser

Cruiser

Damn, you don't fool around when it comes to a small rig for hauling the cars. The trophy's are very cool, the trophy's that guys make are always better then the trophy shop plastic crap. Everything you guys are working on is cool, but I'm loving the fleetline, I can't wait to see more pictures from different views. Very cool guys .......... :D Congradutions to Dave on a cool win with the fleetline..........
    CRUISER :cool:

29. So, another Wednesday night. Lee, and Dave have gone off to Bakersfield for the March meet, leaving Charlie, Fat Dave, and myself to toil in the cold, and the snow.

We went to the new west as usual, and it was actually pretty shitty. I'm not sure why we go there, but it's not for the food. Fat Fred I'm sure was either sleeping or eating somewhere, I don't know.

It was my night, so we decided to grab the front end from Lee's place, and take it over to Charlie's shop. Plan was to replace the kingpin bushings, and make use of his blasting cabinet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]

Oh yeah, my kid came along as well.
    [​IMG]

Changing the bushings.
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]

Meanwhile, parts were getting clean.
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014