Register now to get rid of these ads!

The modern HAMB

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1oldtimer, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HambBurglar

HambBurglar
    from Cincinnati

For those of us who don't post often:
    Momma always said "it's better to keep your mouth shut and look stupid than to open it and prove it to everyone".
    I lurked for a year or more before joining. Most of my questions can be answered with a search and the knowledge and talents of many on this board far exceed my own. Guess I'll start my first post when I feel I have something truly intelligent or interesting to share.

2. Beau

Beau

Don't forget, you have to be a Member to use the SEARCH function and see photo that are attached, rather than hosted by Photobucket or other sites.

3. Big Al,
    It is a cookin' site. Tha's for damned sure.

4. hey porknbeaner what is a cookin' site?

5. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

I've been a member for a few years now. So far I've had 3 Alliance tags mailed to me. I've made some good friends by being on the HAMB. And for me, there is nothing better than racing at the HAMB Drags and hanging out at the Holiday Inn. Gotten to know some interesting people that way.
    As a hot rod and nostalgia racing geek, it's good to be among my own kind! #54977

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  6. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

#13161----An alliance member since 2006--I've bought things,I've sold things, I've given away things----All through the HAMB. I've posted 192 times, I've added comments to hundreds of threads,-----All through the HAMB. I've learned a LOT, shared a LOT, and ABOVE ALL------ENJOYED A LOT because of the HAMB. GOOD PLACE TO BE BILL RINALDI

7. 91bluecamaro

91bluecamaro

#13123, also been here since 2006. Was a lurker for a long time, glad I got some iron to work on now so I can pick the old timers brains...:D

8. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

#11367....... DO AN INTRO, DIRTBAG!!!

Too bad we got PC. I miss that shit.......

9. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Only boobies though...

People have been saying this same shit since 1999.

Big changes this week.... You'll see.[/QUOTE]

yummmm....boobies.....

10. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

11. holy shit............

12. I don't post often, because search works, and my project is "stalled". I wish real history class was as cool as researching things here!

If it weren't for stumbling onto the HAMB, my '40 Ford would be on it's way to Mustang II IFS, an LS Chevy engine and 6-speed trans, and billet wheels, with a gaudy interior. Now I am keeping the dropped axle, have an 8BA and am working toward what appears to be acceptable T-5 Trans.

13. 117harv

117harv

By green73.....If it weren't for stumbling onto the HAMB, my '40 Ford would be on it's way to Mustang II IFS, an LS Chevy engine and 6-speed trans, and billet wheels, with a gaudy interior. Now I am keeping the dropped axle, have an 8BA and am working toward what appears to be acceptable T-5 Trans.[/QUOTE]

The HAMB, doing it's job and helping misguided hot rod guys find their way into the traditional way of building:)

14. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

#6035 for me you guys have been good to me,sold some cars ,some parts,learned alot,got some help,gave some help,took some crap and dished some out ,posted a few pic,and looked at some gorgous cars and ALLOTA laughs,made some good friends,

15. Road Runner

Road Runner

Nothing changes. Everything remains after nothing changes." -Bubbah

16. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

I remember the first time I saw a traditional rod. I was at Raceway Park in Indy and a rod rolled through that looked like it just came out of a 1952 time warp. I drove all over the pits to find that car. It was another one of Bubbas Hot Rod Shop cars and it just blew me away! It was like OF COURSE! this is what a hot rod is supposed to look like. No billet, just well thought out clean built cars. I couldn't get the Autometer gauges,Weld wheels and all the other modern drag race crap off my car quick enough. That car and clubs like the Road Rockets as well as this site have given me a better appreciation for the guys who started it all and defined "cool" for the rest of us. All of that said to get to this. I have learned more about this hobby in the year and a half that I have been a member of the HAMB than I could have learned anywhere else. I mean, is there a single auto related question that goes unanswered here? To me that is what makes this place so great and that is what keeps attracting all of us newbs {50 yr old} to the site. Shameless plug...the ALLIANCE membership pays for itself in useful info alone.:D

17. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

#22,396. Searched "hot rods" one day and a few hits down, this site popped up. I wondered where all the $10,000 paint jobs were. Didn't see any velour interiors. No one had a car built by Boyd. No mention of Foose. No crying baby dolls. Everyone seemed to know what the hell they were talking about. No attitudes. Just hot rods and a lot of folks that think like I do.

Feels good to be a part of something REAL. I've loved it for over 5 years.

In post #192.... where can I get a bumper jack like that?

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob

Been around a long time , I dont say much but I've met a few real life hamb'rs and its always been cool . Ryan created a spot for like minded folks to get together in a virtual garage and talk about Traditional Hot Rods and Customs and I thank him for that.

I have learned a ton here , over many years .

Thanks Ryan and the OG 100-200 folks who made this place real to me!
    Viva La HAMB!

Bro-Bob AKA BrotherBob ......I think I was member 107 or something like that.....lots of ruts in the road since then.

BRING BACK GERM , Candy man and the Clown dude!
    BB

19. Woob

Woob
    from Falcon, CO

Quit bein' a dork.

That last sentence should not have ended in a question mark. Unless, of course, you're asking yourself the question.
    Otherwise "Who cares? I mean really!" with the exclamation point would've given the desired, grammatical emphasis.

^^ Uh, yeah. Not like that wasn't another. I was also flammed into near ethernet oblivion upon arrival.. just like any good apprenticeship program.

There you go ruining everyone's status envy. It's OK though, from reading the subsequent responses, half of 'em blew passed your thoughts in a hurried attempt to get their own out... just like a real in-person conversation. At least we still have "post count".

Man, that was some funny shit.

Nope. Bold didn't work either. Just read the posts after yours. Maybe bold and CAPS? I doubt it. And please don't cloud the issue with facts.

Ironic that many here evidently don't know how to use a Google seach.

Ah the good old days.

Good Laughs here.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  20. 4406

from Oklahoma

We are all just #'s. Hahaha

21. Lurker McGurk

Lurker McGurk
    BANNED
    from next door

I feel like a Number...

[​IMG]

22. George G

George G

Your mom is hot.

23. Nice plate Willie. I came from the RRT, after germ got on there and spoke much trash I had to check this place out.

Whatever $ Ryan makes isn't enough, he's smarter than the rest of us for getting it all started.

I say press on regardless, the changes have been good.

One of the many things I enjoy here is not having to buy a half dozen rags at the book store just to find out what's happening.

Nad's is my hero.

24. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Well the jack stands seem fine but that car is not HAMB material!

25. I know many of us early members have two identities...

:D

Sam

26. I remember when there were 60 members, but that was when I joined the second time after the first big crash

27. Not an early member but glad to be here anyway at #150281

28. Wow, ghosts from the past!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.