Register now to get rid of these ads!

san fransisco hambers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by t5stang91, Feb 14, 2012.

1. t5stang91

t5stang91

hopefully this is ok to post.

going on my honeymoon and the wife chose san fran. please please tell me there are some car places to go to in town. Any car shows during the week? Any car museums close? i have been to the peterson in la. we won't have a car but we may rent one for 1 day to maybe hit some junk yards or other stuff out of town a little ways. Also looking for reasonably priced and not upscale bars to go to or places to hang out. Any help is appreciated !!!!!!!!!

going to be there the 18th thru the 23rd.

2. supervert

supervert

if you like Chinese food, there is a place called house of nanking. on the corner of Columbus and Kearney. absolutely the best i have ever had. we drive to s.f. just to eat their.

as far as car places, i dont know of much their, but the sacramento autorama is feb 17th -19th

infineon raceway isnt very far from the city
    http://www.infineonraceway.com/schedule/complete_schedule/

3. pacificustoms

pacificustoms
    from Napa, CA

Really it depends on what area of the City you're staying in as to what to do or where to go. There's a lot of car stuff throughout the bay area. Brizios shop is in south SF sort of near the airport. Blackhawk museum is in Danville or San Ramon, not too hot rod oriented like the Peterson though. My shop is in American Canyon on the way into the Napa Valley, if you like wine. There's a couple old type wrecking yards somewhat close, Deal in Richmond and Brian's Salvage down the street from us.

4. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

You gotta hit the Autorama in sac, for sure! There is the blackhawk museum in Danville I think?

5. t5stang91

t5stang91

staying at the king george , i think it is by union station or something. we will walk where ever to do something cool. how far is danville or sacramento?

6. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

SF to Sacramento is about 95 miles and SF to Danville is around 35 miles. If you're this close you should really make the Sacramento Autorama. It's been around since the early 50's, 1950 I think. There is the suede division which is really worth checking out. Blackhawk museum is a great place. When I went a few years ago there was some un-believeable cars there.

7. Tiki Bar !

The Tonga Room & Hurricane Bar | Tonga Room
    www.tongaroom.com The Tonga Room & Hurricane Bar.
    950 Mason Street
    San Francisco, CA 94108

8. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Towe Museum, for the Ford Perrenial experience. It's excellent, right outside Sacramento.

9. GerryO

GerryO
    from San Jose

10. mmtoyman

mmtoyman

If you like Blues, check out "The Saloon". Just north of North Beach on Grant. Great cheap drinks, great music any day of the week, and the oldest bar in the city @ 150 yrs old as of Oct. 2011.

11. t5stang91

t5stang91

cool , i will def have to hit some of these places. thanks guys. keep them coming please

12. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Robbie, I love Brian and all, but if you send a guy there with the wife on his honeymoon, might be a divorce as well- old-type doesn't even begin to describe Brian's place :eek:

While in Frisco, check out Eddie Rickenbacker's- good food and drinks, and you'll love the cherry Indians hanging from the ceiling- and the wife will like it too :D 133 2nd Street SF

13. QuakeMonkey

QuakeMonkey

SF has a ton of great bars. Like Skeezix said you have to check out the Tonga room. Drinks aren't cheap there but it's an experience that you won't forget. Smuggler's Cove in Hayes Valley is another good Tiki Bar.
    Tosca and Specs in North Beach, Thee Parkside and Bottom of the Hill in Potrero Hill. Lucky 13 on Market Street near the Castro, The Big Foot Lodge on Polk. And you can't walk half a block in the Mission without tripping over a great bar— The Latin American Club and The Make Out Room are just a couple. Everyone has their favorites. You should check out SF Yelp for more reviews. Hope this helps.

14. mattcrp1

mattcrp1

Check out Jasper's corner tap, my brothers the chef there. Its on Taylor & O'Ferrell great food and drinks. congrats on getting married.

15. bmc

bmc
    from Sacto.,Ca.

There are always good bands playing in SF any day of the week. Don't know what kind of music your into but check out this link for everything going on in SF.

http://www.sfweekly.com/

16. pacificustoms

pacificustoms
    from Napa, CA

He did say "junk yards"...

17. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Boy howdy- Brian's should be in Webster's under "junk yard" :p

18. t5stang91

t5stang91

she said we could stop at a couple junkyards. lol not spend every day at one (which she knows i would do) lol thanks guys

19. NOTCH

NOTCH

Academy of Art has a Automotive Museum , that would be cool to check out.
    here's the link..http://www.academyautomuseum.org/?page_id=2
    and A Must Rum/Tiki Bar to check out is Smugglers Cove , Because I BUILT IT!
    Really GOOD DRINKS, A Puka Punch and a Zombie, yur done..

20. CA. 280

CA. 280

Clement Street from about 4th Ave. going West. Great walking street. Restaraunts, coffee houses, bars, caters to locals, and you won't be agressively hustled for spare change every ten feet. Fact of life in tourist SF.

21. pacificustoms

pacificustoms
    from Napa, CA

The Stinking Rose is a good restaurant to check out.

22. t5stang91

t5stang91

if anyone local wants to have a beer, pm me and i can give ya my number.