Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do all our shops look like this?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris F100, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Chris F100

Chris F100

Winter in Massachusetts - 2 car garage has the John Deere with snowblower, the Road King, The wife's 89 Vette, the 62 F100 and the parts cart and assorted junk.

Attached Files:

2. charlieb66

charlieb66

Similar, but here in S Carolina we don't have much need for a snow blower, in fact it has been so WARM here I had to use the J Deer to cut grass last week. So glad youse guys keep the snow in the North.

3. No, yours is somewhat organized.

Gotta get the wife her own building...

4. carlitos way

carlitos way
    BANNED

cleaner them my shop.

5. 26 roadster

26 roadster

mine is just spread out more, bigger garage

6. No mine will never be that clean. :eek:

7. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I can't build cars and and keep a clean organized shop at the same time. Sorry I only have so many hours. Cleaning, sorting and packing things in an organized manner just takes too much build time. Besides I'm a slob and I'm too old to change now. It's my mothers fault she never insisted that I kept a clean room as a kid.:D

8. slowmotion

slowmotion

Pretty much, yep. Could always use more shelving...and floor space....and...organ-eyes-a-shun...

9. Guilty also........ no clean garage for me.....

10. jroberts

jroberts

I agree yours is too organized and clean to look like my place.

11. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

I have a 36' x 60' building so full of stuff it's at least as jammed as your place. I have been gradually sorting, selling off, and disposing of things, but quite a bit still needs doing.

12. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I'm building a trailer in my shop, so it's wall to wall carnage right now. Plus, it's upside down - it's going to take a couple hernias to get it flipped back over.
    [​IMG]

13. The Ol' Mans shop was always clean, not pristeen but well orgainzed as shops go. I on the other hand spent a lot of time with my Grandad in my tween and teen years and he was a clutter bug. I think that itwore off on me. I can usually find about anything I want to find but clutter is my closest friend. Makes it hard to do the bash and grab thing.

14. Shopking

Shopking
    from central Pa

Mines cleaned up most of the time.Here in Pennsylvania I have 4 snowblowers lined up.Most winters they keep breaking so ya pull another out to finish,although so far this year, very little need.

15. squirrel

squirrel

Mine looks more like tommy's, but with better lighting :)

16. carmuts

carmuts

Mine used to look like this until I bought all of this NOS stuff last summer. Now I can barely get in the door.

Attached Files:

17. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Whew!! Thanks for "coming out" on this issue........I have been embarrassed for strangers or new acquaintances to see inside my shop. Until now......

My close friends know that the work that emerges from my shop is pretty well done and take the clutter in stride. However, when it reaches the present critcal stage, it's time for re-organizing :)

Thanks guys!

Ray

18. riot65

riot65

Ignore the butchered Harley, my shop is pretty darn tough to move around in. I've been on my roommates to get the Porsche and the gutless Cutless together and out to make room for real projects, but I'll take the blame for the bikes and the big block caddy.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

19. Mine doubles as a woodworking shop, although now that the 29 is done I don't do much wood working anymore. To much dust. I do enjoy the fact that it's a tuck under garage attached to the house so I've got heat and air cond. built in.

Attached Files:

20. RodStRace

RodStRace

This picture is decieving. It looks like there is space.
    I also have another bb engine, sb engine/trans, and parts in there now, plus 2 other transmissions, another block and more shelving stuffed into my running vans.

Attached Files:

21. aaggie

aaggie

Most often heard words are "it's around here somewhere", and "you can use it if you find it".

22. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Don't youse guys say "y'all" down there?

23. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

I guess I'm odd man out here. To say the least, I am a bit particular when it comes to my garage.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. johnboy13

johnboy13

I have three vehicles in my 2.5 car garage. One of them is my 57 F100. My workbench, air compressor, and tool box are all in the bed. It's pushed all the way up against the wall. There's no room for anything else in there right now. It's as clean as it's probably ever gonna be. Come spring, it'll be a whole different story.

25. HamiltonHotRod

HamiltonHotRod
    from Florida

I'm crazy about my shop, everything must be in exact order & clean..but then again all my buddys shops look like that so I'm probably the weird one

26. "Calling all cars, calling all cars, be on the lookout, we have a 5150 in Marion Texas" ...... you sir, need intervention!

27. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

28. boutlaw

boutlaw

Hell, I'm embarressed about the condition of my shop, but I use it every day. There's always some project going on and we've had rain for weeks, now its cold as crap, for this area anyway, so have been unable to open the doors for a good cleanup.
    [​IMG]

29. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Nope, I'd have to clean for two days to get it that nice! But then where would I put all the good stuff I've been saving for years?

30. ecam

ecam

Funny and painful at the same time.

Attached Files: