Register now to get rid of these ads!

Detroit Autorama 2012- Who's Going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by safari-wagon, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Harms Way

Harms Way

On the up side, what they (she) gave him went away with a good dose of penicillin. :D

2. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

That's why he's on a short leash now-a-days...

:p

3. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Ok hotels booked now whats on sat nights agenda?

4. ^^^^^ Um, Saturday night agenda? That would be drinking... ^^^^

:D ;)

5. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Agreed where is the question!

6. Hey brother....I'll be looking for ya.........safe travels.

7. WOW the Best of Show trophy looks killer. A couple more weeks!!!!!

8. kustomrace

kustomrace

My "Detroit Tiger" wagon will be in our club display again...with air ride,and new wheels from rocket.This years vintage show car will be the 1963 Ford Mustang II concept car...Last year we had the Ford Cougar II,which has been invited to the Ameilia island concour ...you saw it at Autorama first! Dave

9. Good work Dave, Looking forward to seeing the wagon.

10. kustomrace

kustomrace

Need to get a pics of the mustang up.....

11. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What you said.....^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dave,
    Just wanted to say thanks for making a celebrity appearance here on the Hamb. What's it been, 6 months? :rolleyes:

12. kustomrace

kustomrace

you know me and the computer don't hang much...Find some pics of the mustang II concept for me...

13. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Is this it?

Attached Files:

14. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Just kidding.... Here they are.

Attached Files:

15. kustomrace

kustomrace

Thats our girl...second one that is.It will be on display with our club cars.Its original,unrestored and just back in Detroit after a long term loan.Looking forward to having it on display.

16. Tradrod51

Tradrod51

any other rules? weight restrictions?

17. If there ever was a weight restriction I'm officially lifting it for the show.

No rocket power the only rule.

18. Make sure you keep the width within reason. Like Rudy said no explosives !

19. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

buzz killers!

20. It is still a family show. So we have to provide at least one bonified Rat rod and try and protect the children in attendence.

21. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Cooler than last years? ;) The "Outstanding Wagon" one that's gracing the bench in my "clean" garage is pretty smoki'n cool!

Brian

22. Sure Brian, take all the hardware last year then not show up this year. We see how you are! :mad: ;).

23. Throttle Gals will be there next to Singlefinger. With issue 5 in tow:)

24. Good bar and food at Slows...near the old Tiger Stadium...Michigan @ Trumbel. BBQ pulled pork style, southern style and big portions..Laffayette Coney is a must eat at for a late coney dog especially Thursdau night at closing

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  25. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

If anyone attending the Autorama has any old and useless races, bearings, flexplates, gears, basicly anything round-ish OR flathead heads, that I can use for my art projects, please drop them off at the Singlefinger Speed Shop display located in the lower level. I'd certainly appreciate anything anyone can spare. I'm making a garden trellis and a couple of lamps with the round-ish parts.

It is one of my most favorite restaurants in the Metro Detroit area. Just be forwarned as there has been a rash (per the police) of cars being stolen from that one block square area around the place, one of them being my 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis which was found one month later completely stripped and when I mean striped, it was striped, motor, interiior, wheels, basicly everything but the frame and a couple of bodypanels left.

26. jdustu

jdustu
    from Detroit

I'll be there again in the artist's alley, Looking forward to it! Stop by and say wassup, I'm sure I'll be stuck behind the table most of the weekend.

Slows gets the pub, but there are a bunch of good places to eat downtown that you don't have to wait an hour to get seated at. The Detroit Beer Company is a favorite of mine, Small Plates next to there(both across from the Detroit Opera House), Cheli's is in the vicinity, Cliff Bells...ect.,ect.

27. I didn't forget.

28. Scott_Rod

Scott_Rod

"there has been a rash (per the police) of cars being stolen from that one block square area around the place,"

Does this mean we need to park 2 blocks out from Slows?

Sorry bout the car Denise. that one was a good daily OT ride.

29. 63401nailhead

63401nailhead
    from DE

Anybody from DE, MD, NJ or Eastern PA going with a truck and might be up for a HAMB relay???

30. R1FIGHTER

R1FIGHTER

Hudson Cafe is a my favorite place for breakfast downtown. Pub Rub has good bbq without the wait. The Detroiter has a good burger as does Coaches corner.

Eat+Drink+Cars = fantasy weekend