Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1950 Ford Shoebox Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sevenevez, Oct 27, 2010.

1. studeboy

studeboy

Sounds like a new product line for them. Hopefully you'll get a good deal for doing the R&D. Can't wait to see how this comes out.

2. pukejohnson

pukejohnson
    from BREMERTON

1950 ford crestliner chopped

Attached Files:

3. daddio211

daddio211

DUUUUUUUUUUUDE... that's so cool! Do you have any better shots of it, cuz this one kinda sucks.

4. Voodoo Trucker

Voodoo Trucker

Very nice meeting you today Pete. Awesome 50' dude, love all the stuff you've done to it. Hope to see you around soon, are you planning on going to Good Guys in March?

5. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

ditto! you got good taste. haha.

wtf: i just saw this other company using your idea for the Boomcase - http://blog.theboomcase.com/

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  6. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

you guys are going to be surprised at how these headers are getting handled. hopefully by the end of the week she will be back on the road *fingers crossed

7. big creep

big creep

so did you get the brakes fixed?

8. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

we had to rule out the heat of the headers affecting the brakes. but hopefully brakes will follow suit once exhaust is complete.

9. big creep

big creep

cant wait to see how the headers look!

10. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Just went through the whole build and you have really done a great job with this shoebox. The interior kicks ass big time. Really nice set up.i solved the rubbing issue by bagging it and swapped out the rear for an 8 inch. My friend Dave Chapelle who did the bags cut and welded and worked magic with the rear. I have pics of my set up and will post them for you. Once again awesome!!

11. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

Thanks for goin through the thread. It's YOUR shoebox that inspired my wheel setup and i thank you for helping me make the right choice. I saw your Shoebox at a recent show (picture) San Diego?. I think you were parked next to Gambino.

12. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

yep that was me,it was grand national roadster show in pomona.YOur ride is looking great.The wheel combo ,i was glad to help you with.I have always thought that you cannot go wrong with wide whites and chrome.It provides such a great contrast and is visually the best.I love your visor,not alot of people run with them but i think that you pull it off really well.

13. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

man, just look at our profile pictures above and below our posts. I would love to have our girls side by side for a shoot someday.

14. EBW

EBW

Im jealous of both of you..

Your rides are keeping me motivated on mine which will be lowered also, just not sure on the chop yet..

If I don't, start a new Shoebox club.. slammed but not chop'd club.. :D

15. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

i love a well done chop when its done correctly. but i also love a classic untouched look also. whichever it is, as long as its done with style and tastefully, i am a fan

16. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

H4 Headlights from Speedway. Flasher and L.E.D. Tail Lights from Keep it Clean (took over a month for these to arrive).

[​IMG]

17. daddio211

daddio211

18. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

too little too late. but thanks for remembering me and all my stress. looks like a decent solution. should have my baby home tonight and i will throw up the pics of how we tackled it!

19. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

AMEN! Well, after about 7 months of work and pulling my hair out. My baby is back on the road and i cant explain how good it feels to drive this car again. Of course it still needs more things done and fixed. But it is mobile and the inevitable Header Situation has been cured in quite a creative way. Thanks to my buddy Kevin at JustPlainTrick for making this idea become reality.

What you are looking at, is a set of Sanderson CC2's flipped upside down and they custom made them to be kicked out about 5 degrees to clear the valve covers. Then the wrapped pipes do a nice u-turn and tuck where they could never tuck before.

Thanks to everybody on the HAMB that offered ideas and help. Pics!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. EBW

EBW

Damn, that Shoebox is sexy !!

21. sdbcivic

sdbcivic
    from West Ga.

Love it man!!!!!

22. daddio211

daddio211

Good luck with the stuff you got from Keep It Clean... Another one of those Hoffman Group companies!

23. scrappin bottom

scrappin bottom
    from Austin

cant wait til my shoebox grows up and looks as sweet as yours!

24. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

Trying to build one, hope its done soon.......

Scott

25. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

26. CreatingCustoms

CreatingCustoms

[​IMG]

I live in Gilbert. Maybe I'll get lucky one of these days and see that pup going down the road!:D

27. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

thanks ebw

haha, i will tell her you said that. she loves hearing it :)

Hoffman a problematic company daddio?

i appreciate it. mine has had a long road and still got a lot to go

lookin good scott!

i usually fly past Gilbert every other weekend on the way to florence. thanks for checkin the thread

28. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

Fuel delivery was feelin sh!tty so i replaced fuel pump and filter last night. Thought it would take about an hour. Which easily turned into 5 because the Fuel line fitting was stripped. Had to bend my own and what not. Much better now

29. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

Anybody had any experience with a Muncie 4-Speed getting real sloppy all the sudden. Hard to find the gears etc.. ?

30. daddio211

daddio211

Search both this site and Google. People say NASTY things about their experiences with them. I don't want to detract from your thread though, so I'll let you search it out on your own. I will say that IF the product it seems you'll be okay. If not, there's reportedly no support and they WON'T take anything back. Your only recourse would be via your credit card company.

Test the stuff out soon before your credit card company won't help you. Also watch your statement VERY closely for something like a "membership fee". I've seen reports of these "fees" over $1000.00.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program, your bitchin' shoebox!!! :)