Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Why don't 37 Ford coupes get any love?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jrblack30, Sep 15, 2009.

1. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

The dad of a guy I went to high school with had a burnt orange one. Even got to ride in it one time - suhweet! Really sharp car and yeah not too common but very cool nonetheless. The tan one in a recent issue of the Rodder's Journal is awesome! :cool:

2. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[/QUOTE]

I like both versions.

3. Had a 37 Coupe in HS in 56/57. Loved that coupe, wish I still had it. Dont have any pics loaded of it but it had a loaded Flathead, red 50 Merc rims in front, red 50 Lincoln rims in back with Firestone WW 5.60-15s and 8.20-15s in back and 55 Dodge Royal Lancer hub caps which I still have. Have a semi complete project 40 Ford Deluxe Sedan Delivery (no eng/trans in it) with clear title that I would be interested in trading for the RIGHT 37 coupe.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  4. ford495051

ford495051

I think 37 coupes look great....and the pictures I'm seeing on this thread prove that out.

5. Babyearl

Babyearl

You didn't say if the Quarter for the 34 coupe is a 3 or 5 window.

6. skoh73

skoh73

I really dig 'em!

7. reefer

reefer

I think they are one of the best looking cars of the era...from every angle the car works, there is not a bad view of one(humpback and fordors excepted)..like with most cars, stance is everything in getting one to look spot on.As for not being fashionable ?...that works for me, I`ve always hated being fashionable.....the original square peg in the round hole ...

8. styleline

styleline
    from so-hol

o no a le bra on a rod gay

9. rustymetal

rustymetal

my 37 not a bad old car flathead power

Attached Files:

10. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11. Fan of '37's..always have been, even when it wasn't "cool" to like them.
    I trust my own instincts on style/desireability, etc. over what is considered a "popular/cool" car.
    An example of this is '41 Ford's-I think they are ugly (always have), yet I see them increasing in popularity.
    Bottom line..be true to yourself, other peoples opinions are just that..other peoples opinions.

12. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Even though I liked the DP90 look ... I really like this look. It has a real hot look both ways:D

[/QUOTE]

13. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

its not hamb friendly but there are pics at dogfight

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mid engine, full tube chassis, twin turbo building for street/mojave mile. I want to kick some ass on the exotics

14. koolkemp

koolkemp

I love this car!! A full custom thats gonna haul ass :D :D

15. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

The car is a work of art, no doubt!!

Kelly Burns

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

16. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

this is a club coupe..you don't see them very often..love mine.

17. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Club Coupe, not Opera. ...that is what I meant to say...:rolleyes: (corrected).
    Great roof line, and extremely rare.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  18. bogart62

bogart62

Have had this one on the road for 5 years or so. Always loved the gril and overall look. Pay no attention to the guy behind the wheel.

Kent

Attached Files:

19. koolkemp

koolkemp

Is this a new arrival Chris? Looks damn nice!!

20. This thing moving down the street is even better. Seen it rolling right outside the L.A Cnty Fairgrounds. WOW.. jus' WOW!

21. metal man

metal man

Ugly middle kid between the beautiful '36 and equally beautiful '39. I like them,though.

22. old man's '37

old man's '37
    from Florida

love my '37! my buddy and i built mine eight years ago. since then he had a stroke and is unable to work anymore. wouldn't sell it for any amount. lots of memories and runs great.

23. metal man

metal man

My dad has a '37 rumble seat cabriolet. He bought it on his honeymoon with my mom and towed it 2,000 miles home on a tow bar behind a '62 fairlane. That was 45 years ago...I don't see that '37 leaving any time soon.

24. kwhizz

kwhizz

25. This 37 is out of Yakima Washington and was a circle track car. These shots were taken @The Rod Run To Roslyn.

Attached Files:

26. another 37 taken @The Rod Run To Roslyn

Attached Files:

27. Actually I read something from a well repectefd hot rod journalist and fwella that was older than I am and he said it was originally because of the '60 hp motor that they got a bad rap then it just sort of carrtied over later as they were already unpopular.

I never really accepted the explaination but it is what it is I suppose.

I could say that is is because they are not '38s, take that '37 guys. But I prefer the '38 standard to the deluxe and it is just built from left over '37 parts. So I guess that just won't fly.

I personally like them and always have but that may be because they are not popular and I would deary love to have a solid 37 coupe.

Anyway it may have been the 60 hp stigma that they had and just carried over to the next generation.

They have real nice lines if you ask me.

28. This one sets the bar for me!!

[​IMG]

LOWDUG37 likes this.
  29. outlaw256

outlaw256

i had a 37 back in the late 70s. god i loved that car. we put in a chevy 400 with a 400 backing it up 9 inch ford with i believe 4,10s. it was scary fast with the stck frontend.being a very young IDIOT we couldnt get the trans to fit so i let my buddy cut out the x that was stopping it. bent the car so the doors would hardly open or close.

30. [/QUOTE]

Hon I thought you got rid of that car? That is what I think Lance told me.
    Of course I also thought that you lived in the East Bay not on my side of the bridge. ;)

I still love that car to death by the way.