Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rude comments about my car whats the deal ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by grazy, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've found that most of the negative comments come from wannabe builders/owners who don't have a clue of what it takes to build a car. Even if I don't agree with how someone has put a car together I still can appreciate the time and craftsmanship that goes into fabricating a car from the ground up. Fools will never find their way onto the endangered species list!

2. endlessearth

endlessearth

My grandfather had a saying for that. He said "if everyone wanted what grandpa wants, they would all be chasing grandma."

3. Firepower71

Firepower71
    from Atlanta

often times when i'm totally jealous of someone else's ride, i tell them it sucks too. :D
    if you're pissing at least one person off, you're probably going down the right path.

4. It's funny when guys criticize a car that you pulled out of a field/barn/dumpster and lovingly glued back together. Like buddy it was one step from going to china to be made into rebar...

5. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Kinda' makes me think of the guy at the gate that didn't want to let me in to their traditional car show because my mag wheels weren't made until '72 (Torque Thrust II). Everything about my '53 Stude was old style, except for those rims, which really don't look that much different than the earlier American mag wheels. Rude!

6. "they will attempt to destroy anything
    that differs from their own
    not being able to create art
    they will not understand art
    they will consider their failure as creators
    only as a failure of the world
    not being able to love fully
    they will believe your love incomplete
    and then they will hate you
    and their hatred will be perfect"

7. 1 word, Visualization, look at people like that while they are talking and visualize this image........

Attached Files:

8. Personally I don't care what anyone thinks about my stuff, that guy wouldn't have gotten the time of day from me. I sure wouldn't bother to try and explain it to someone that has given an unasked for opinion. You just played right in to his hand.

When I do ask for opinions I dont get my panties in a bunch if someone says something I don't agree with, because I'm the on that put it out there.

9. B Lawrence

B Lawrence
    from Ham.

The best response....is No Response at all. Look at him and just walk away. It won"t take long for him to figure it out. No one likes talking to a wall in a parking lot. I am sure we all have seen it.
    Brian...

10. afaulk

afaulk

If some people had shit for brains, they would'nt have enough to stink. I'd tell them to go and try to annoy someone else. Then let them decide how tough they're feeling.

11. marman1950

marman1950

He just has no idea about hot rod's and should keep his mouth shut!

12. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

I always get people asking how I could ruin a good deuce coupe and build it into the beater it is.... Heck I have the only useable parts from atleast 4 cars to build my beater...

Jeff

Attached Files:

13. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

boy you got that right.....

14. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

I had that happen with my 28 A I politely said and how many things have you F...Ed up in your life time

15. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I've gotten used to people calling my truck all sorts of nasty stuff. I just grin and walk away. Life's too short for such inane stuff.

16. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Don't sweat it, you just met a member of the National Pinhead club.

17. anteek

anteek

Opinions are like a##holes,everyone has one, They gather at shows and on boards like this. Let's see yours before you run your piehole shuts them up.

18. finishline

finishline

build it the way you like,f everyone else...

19. robber

robber

I agree with build it for yourself and enjoy it. There is always some know it all that has to tell you their professional expert opinion. "You should of...blah, blah, blah". I tell them, "Oh really, I'll tell ya what, when you get yours, you do that".:rolleyes: They tend to turn and walk away. If they dont walk away, ask them which car did they bring? 9 out of 10 times, they don't have a car there,:D

20. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Id rather have people say rude shit so i could telll them to fuck off. they always just say dumb ass shit then i have to be rude.

21. In similar situations I have simply stopped, looked them in the eye and asked "Who asked you?"
    And I stand
    And stare

My wife calls it the icy blue eyes of Death.
    Typically the fool just wanders away.

22. firingorder1

firingorder1

"Think of me as your mother 'cause she fucked you up too. Didn't she."

23. GREASER815

GREASER815

WHO CARES! Do you like your car? Good, enjoy it and ignore all the ignorant people and their comments. I ve heard them about my stuff before, only to see the opinion givers leaving the cruise in their rusted out cavalier or wrecked minivan. Most of us in this together can give each other respect whether we totally dig it or not. The rest of the world has no clue.

24. wvenfield

wvenfield

So, why did you mess up a perfectly good car?

25. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I used to take offense at these a-holes, but I learned as I got older that there were just too many of 'em !

26. yruhot

yruhot

Funny thing is I have a 1930 tudor ford pretty much stock. I belong to the local model A club have learned a lot from some of the old timers. And most like to keep things stock as far as model A's go but they usually have a hot rod or two in the corner of the garage. When I built my 55 chevy gasser style car it was left for road kill after an accident. I brought it back from the dead and I get the same crap about restoring it. Hell I was just glad to get it straightened out enough to get the doors closed and the glass in so anything I figured after that was an improvement. Most comments are positive, just one negative every now and then and usually it's from a PT cruiser owner so there you have it.lol. Enjoy building the ride the way you want to. Yruhot

27. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

Lmao

28. SKULL ORCHARD

SKULL ORCHARD
    from KS
    1. The Gas House Gang

Wow does this sound familiar.
    The way I look at it is build it like you want it or however your budget will allow and don't worry what others think. You didn't ask them for the money to build it so its none of their business how you build it. As long as you like it that is all that matters. And if it happens to get the front page of the Hot Rod Magazine then consider that a bonus.

29. If I cared about every guy who said..."you fucked up a nice Mercury","why did you flame it?",Why don't you do this or that....I would just drive a Toyota! Who cares what anybody says. Have to ignore the critics....

30. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

fuck 'em and feed 'em fish heads

"ok, bring your car over and show everyone how its done" or, "sounds like the best part of you dribbled down your mamas leg"

I'm sorry, but based on the things I see repeatedly on here, I have written off everything East of the Mississippi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.