Register now to get rid of these ads!

Go for a ride? Mans best copilots!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by no55mad, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yesterday i was told my lil buddy Dozier has Parvovirus.....prior 2 nites of thinking he ate something playing and vomiting alot.....last nite the vet called about 10:30 pm, said he was doing better,,,,no vomiting or diarehha.....this morning he calls and stated that Dozier vomited last nite and has dia... again.......going to be a long day waiting for the update later today/tonite...

DCFC0004.jpg

hug em,, love em and hope your's stay safe..........

2. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. thanks GG.....i have had 3 other pups beat it in my 55 years of lovin dogs.....so i'm worried that i may have used up all my puppy luck....been starin at his sister all day and nite, worring if she'll come down with it.......spent yesterday scrubbin and bleachin the house.....loadin out their favorite play couch

DCFC0001.jpg

and have ripped all the carpet up and it's out in the trash......

4. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm sure your vet has already told you this but get them up to date on their distemper and parvo shots as soon as possible. Good job cleaning the house.

5. Dozier went in yesterday and i drove home and picked up his sister Pipper and she got herself a booster....hopefully it wasn't too late....loosin Dozier would be hard.....but loosin both of em..............

i just buried Alpha (aka Alphie Moto) last year.... Alpha%20and%20the%20moma%20go%20walkin.jpg .he prolasped thru his anus ..as did his father and his brother Sampson (aka Big Brown Dog)...Alphie loved to go for a walk with the momma...she generally beat me home from work and it was her and Alhie's special time together...here he is with dad bustin em coming home....

his father, Tobias (aka Toby, T-Boner,) died a few years before him....Tobias
    died and i come here to greive....find out he and Hambandy both passed on that same day... toby%2010%2030%2008.jpg

my kids have been with their mom for the past 17 years....me and my wife of 10 years don't have any children together...hers are also grow....so that makes my pups the love of my life.....they are always beside me till death do us part...... toby%20&%20alphie%20in%20dad's%20garage.jpg

more then i can say for marriages these days......but then dogs exsist solely for lovein ya and being loved back......no holdin back, no agenda to follow...just love us.......i feel that man owes the higher powers to be on the issues of pups.....pure unconditional love.....want want it????get ya a pup....

6. BatzNY

BatzNY

Here is our 40lb Boston the king Bubbaloo
    [​IMG]
    He is almost 4, my wife brought him home about a month after we moved in, he is spoiled rotten.

And our newest edition is Bentley our white Boxer
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    the boys are getting along quite well can't wait to take em out for a ride in the ol 63

Batz

7. Big Brown Dog's pic didn't load ...here he is as a pup...
    big brown dog Sampson.jpg

.seems all of these guys ended up with weak intestents...all 3 prolapsed....all 3 died in my arms...all way before they should have.........

8. wizzard23

wizzard23

Always good to see this back at the top!

9. 33-Chevy

33-Chevy

My dog Tippy. He died a long time ago, but I just found this picture. He wandered in to our property as a puppy and we adopted him. He was a big dog. He looked like he as half German Shepherd and half Norwegian Elk Hound. My Daughter thinks he may have been half Akita instead of German Shepherd. Some of the n eighbors though he was half Wolf. When we had Tippy there was no funny stuff going on at our place. No broken windows, no stolen gas. The neighborhood was taken over by yuppies and hyad the rules changed in their favor: no dogs running loose, no old cars on private property, just things that raise property values. We don't live there any more, thank God.

Attached Files:

10. 33-Chevy

33-Chevy

Here is Stretch when he was young. There is a picture of Stretch when he was old and overweight elsewhere on this thread. Stretch also came to us and stayed. He was half Basset Hound and half Labrodor Retriever. Stretch lived to be 17 years old. There had been several people looking at the GMC 302 engine in the 1940 Chevrolet and Stretch was curious about what they were looking at.

Attached Files:

11. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did he have those cute little crooked basset legs?

12. 33-Chevy

33-Chevy

Yes he did.Post #714 shows him when he was old. He spent a lot of time at our shop at Shorty's Corner in Sandy. He would amaze people when he stood up, sort of like Danny DeVito in that "Taxi" episode when he came down of that raised platform. He was certainly a wonderful dog. We have another dog now that somebody gave us when we had the U-Haul business. They had to get rid of her because they lived in an apartment that didn't allow dogs. I will try to get her picture on here soon.

13. In my 54 Plymouth with my land shark.

Attached Files:

14. Lucy today...first time in the ol truck this year!!

[​IMG]

15. that's a happy girl right there....riding with dad, her own seat and the window down!!!!

16. Skcollob

Skcollob
    from UK, Kambs

This is my partner in crime Marvin. Just had the all-clear for a lump on his side thankfully. We used to go to the Ace Cafe lunchtimes (bikes & rods hang out), the girls working there used to sneak out and feed him sausages... he did like that...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  17. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

This is one of my favorite threads. Always makes me smile.:)

18. Yeah, it looks nice out but it was COOOOOLD!!

19. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Chris what sort of dog is Lucy? Great looking dog, looks to be the same kind of size as a blood hound.

Dan:cool:

20. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Great picture of the pair of you, dog looks like its smiling. Had me laughing to myself as i co-owned an English Bull Terrier when i lived in Australia. "Donk" was great dog, good security and funny as hell. If he was in the garage he'd rob any bottles of beer he could get his paws on, run off and neck the contents. Then return to the scene of the crime, sit on his lazy ass, burp loudly,fart, smell his fart and smile while folks around him just stare in disbelief and hold their noses.

Dogs are funny at times:cool:

21. She's a red bone coon hound. She's pretty big, pushin 100 pounds and is super tall and lanky.

22. Firepower71

Firepower71
    from Atlanta

23. no55mad

no55mad

Whoa, is this a Flat Coated Retriever?? He looks like the late Henry in the original post. Sure do miss Henry but we got a Wire Haired Pointing Griffon to replace him because Pepper (again see original post) was so lonely. Need to get some pics up of the Griffon, named him Jager.

24. I am not anyones co-pilot, wanna run it..............

Attached Files:

25. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

You know that's right! No matter how jacked my day is...I come home and I get dog piled by six of them. You can't help but smile.

26. Skcollob

Skcollob
    from UK, Kambs

Yes he is, good spot.. Didn't realise your Henry was a Flat Coat, there aren't many over here and I've only seen all-black and all-red ones.
    A friend of ours liked our Marvin and decided to get a Flattie too, turned out to be Marv's nephew by pure chance.

Just looked up the Griffon, nice looking dogs them, best let us see Jager I reckon ;)

27. moval57wagon

moval57wagon
    from So Cal

This is our dalmaton Daisy. She was my co pilot and garage companion, and our constant shadow. Got her as a stray and turned out to be the best dog we ever had. When we would park at the local cruies nights, I would get out to check out the cars and socialize and she would jump right into the drivers seat. We had to put her down due to liver disease about five years ago.

A couple months later we went to the local shelter to get another dog and came home with two german shepard mixes. They are now about five years old and are out of the puppy stage and now love to ride in the car and are really great dogs.

Attached Files:

28. no55mad

no55mad

Marvin looks great! We would have gotten another FCR but they are hard to find as is Jager's breed. Henry did have some Border Collie genes which gave him the white chest and a little white on his feet - other than the white he looked FCR. He was the best looking dog we've ever had (my opinion). Jager is a great dog so far except for shredding the end of the couch and craving cat poop. He is 6 months old now and has already logged 3000+ miles and has been to many car shows. Jager's breed (Wire Haired Pointing Griffon)is known for their unkept look - my son says he looks like a hippie. These pics are not actually Jager but spittin immages. Pics of Jager to come. Pics added of Jager, pic 2,3, and 4.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  29. Super88

Super88

no55mad, I had to laugh when I read your comment about shedding. When I adopted my Eddie the person told me at the shelter he should be a "low shed" dog. I have never seen a dog that can shed as much as this one does and not be bald. No matter how much I vacuum it's hard to keep up with and the back seat of my truck looks like it has a fur blanket on it all the time. Wouldn't be without him though.

30. 19LaidBack37

19LaidBack37

Love this thread, figured it was time for me to contribute. This is Toby Benson, my big shepherd, and my 37.
    [​IMG]

He even likes my bike too.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.