Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gotta love her- GO GRANNY

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MeanGene427, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

old news... it's been on here a bunch.

3. fordfan289

fordfan289
    from indiana

Firt time Ive seen it I thought it was great.

4. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Well excuuuuse me :p

5. Seen it. but it is pretty cool.

6. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

I am glad he posted it, I have never seen it and my wife and I really enjoyed it! She is great and so is her car! Jim

7. FityFive

FityFive

I liked it! Thanks for sharing.

8. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup. Amazing that she can handle that big car. But look at her arms...strong...no atrophy. They say that exercise and weight lifting is really good for the elderly...keeps their muscles, ligaments, and tendons strong...even their bones. Keeps them from getting osteoporosis. No wonder she's still goin' strong.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  9. 38zephyr

38zephyr

First time I've seen it , love it . Reminds me of my Grandma , I will really miss that generation . Something about simple honesty , sincerity and that sly wit that I really like !

10. robber

robber

And some of us think were getting old. She is an absolute inspiration!

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Gotta love the HAMB...............on a slow day we can always recycle stuff that got over exposed years ago. Of course that was 100,000 new members ago.

Frank

12. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

i saw it first. it's now invalid. if you did'ent see it the second it was first posted, any re-post's are invalid. stop looking. this is not for you.

13. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

No the thing is, man up, quit being a leech and sucking off the HAMB teet. Support the site become an Alliance Member. Bump a thread rather than starting a whole new one. Learn to use the search function. :eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I never saw it before. I don't care if zman saw it.

cool old car and lady.

15. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

"man up"? thats the sort of phrase you might hear on oprah. i don't think anybody here is going to search for "101 year oud grandma". this is the kind or topic you stumble across and read for fun. i'm just saying that if you did'ent see first,and you're seeing it now, the ones who did see it first like to make you feel bad or that their some how better or more informed.not everybody is on this thing 24-7. i'll stop now so you can go watch jenny jones.

16. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

That's all you got from that? I'm guessing that you don't understand how much it costs to keep this place running every month. And the way you support the site is to join the Alliance and support the site. And it's always been encouraged to do a search before posting something off topic, if there's an existing thread then bump that rather than start a whole new one. That way there are not 50 off topic threads pushing the others down.

But then what should we expect, you never did an intro, you're a rebel.

17. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think this thread is dead.

Attached Files:

18. 57olds

57olds
    from ohio

Wow, enjoyed that! Never seen that. Thanks for posting.

19. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

here we go with the relentless attitude issues....

I'll stand up and say that I have never seen this video and i would like to personally thank this poster for sharing it...already posted topic or not. This woman is a true inspiration....wow. If only we could all be so lucky to see what she's seen in her lifetime...

20. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

chill...Out. wow....

21. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

22. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

First we have a very inspirational young-at-heart lady, just a joy to watch- then we have "The Dark Side"- Guess which one I want to be at 101
    BTW- I have posted this link on 4 sites, FE, AMCA, caimag, and Facebook, and everyone but you is glad to see it- not one other negative response. You have a real nice day now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

don't worry....its just typical zman. he has a tendancy to occasionally act like that. moving along to more responses on the inspirational 101 year old lady...

24. First I have seen it ... and I have been alllll the way to the end of the internet! Thanks Gene.

25. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Give Zman a break, he has a point even if you don't like the delivery.

It is high time that a separate area is made for these kinds of O/T and special interest posts. Fair?

26. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

it may be...but you dont have to go off the deep end about it. I have never seen this post on the HAMB before and the search tool quite often sucks. You could type in 20 different titles trying to find the thread about this long lost video...and you'll never find it. I'm pretty confident the poster meant no harm and I'm not convinced this is an O/T post.

27. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It used to be that the proportion of this kind of thread was at a level where they didn't interfere with questions about cars. This is a human interest story really, and it is O/T. I tend to like some of this stuff as well, but if you look at the board, there really is too much of this stuff. I laugh about NGL's comment re: Let Me Tell You About My Grandchildren, because it resonates with me.

That is why I suggest a separate area for this kind of thing, not banning it. It will also keep the peace, apparently.

28. Mercman4life

Mercman4life

I can only hope that in forty years i'll still be driving my 49 Merc. Good for you grandmom.. It gives the rest of us hope..

29. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

So I guess you couldn't see that HUGE, CHERRY 1930 PACKARD? Really? :eek: So you really thought you had to make a fuss about it? Bet you two are just a ball at a party :rolleyes: Turn that stereo down!!! Put a coaster under that drink!!! Make that girl put her clothes back on!!!
    Pretty sure that Packard is even 64 or older :eek:

Just a visit from the Wet-Blanket Squad of the
    [​IMG]

30. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gene, stop being pissy. Try reading the post before you lay out the knee jerk reaction.

It is a human interest story, its not my fault you can't tell the difference.

What did we learn technically from the piece?

Like I said, I'm not for banning them, just posting them somewhere else on the board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.