Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cars with inline motors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldfardyfode, Jan 24, 2012.

1. oldfardyfode

oldfardyfode

How 'bout pics of your inline engine and the complete car....Trying to decide on a new project or.........

.....Am leaning toward 33 to 37 Chevys but I have been listening to guys around here and they tell of wild rides they've had in years gone driving all sorts of cars.....So whatever you've got please share it with me and the HAMB brothers....

Would really appreciate seeing your rides !!!!

2. Chuck Lloyd

Chuck Lloyd
    from Va

Hi Yall are ya interested in a inline 6....Me to I have a 36Ford pickup with 322 ci 6 started as a 300 ci ford used 455 olds pistons on the 300 rods Hulman/moody cam magnito homemade intake with 2 ford 2barrel carbs + a fiew moore goodies +4 speed toploader runs great

3. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

there are threads on this already, but i will play

Attached Files:

4. Check the search, several huge inline threads.

5. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Friends steel '35 Chevy Master roadster. Blue flame '6', T400, triple carbs, headers etc

Attached Files:

6. Chuck Lloyd

Chuck Lloyd
    from Va

.say 6cyl to loud around here Those that think they know come down on you like ton of bricks. But that makes me like them all the more Ill have pics when i figure out how to do that

7. Actually I do know and you may as well limit yourself.

If you want to stay traditional you have two good options as far as "performance" goes. A GMC or a Hudson Twin H. The GMC is a little hard to come by but easy compaired to the Hudson.

If you don't mind late model and GM is what you want the 292 is a good bet or if you are not a purest a 300" ford is also a good engine. I ran a 292 in a '41 Chevy back in the '70s and it did real well. Single 4 bbl, hookers and an isky cam were the only real mods I did to it.

8. I'm going to bounce this it is one that got lost in the shuffle last week and I don't think there were many takers on it. Seems pretty strange to me as many as are proud of their inline motors.

9. Yes, and we also have 243 threads dedicated to them already:D;):rolleyes:

10. Buit they all got their answers or pictures. Hell in the thread about why inliners there was probably at least a dozen pics and I am going out on a limb here and say that this fella wanted to let everyone brag about their six minus the drama of why and mine is faster than yours etc.

Hell at least he didn't say lets see pictures of your traditional Mustangs. :eek: :D

11. I went with the Chevy 261.
    Small blocks are a Dime a Dozen.
    Yes I know small blocks are cheaper to build.

12. Sweet! :D