Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jamco problems

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by effie_man, Dec 3, 2011.

1. swekustom

swekustom
    from Sweden

Hopefully jamco can help me now ! When i got some contact with them !
    Dosen`t make it easier when I am from sweden !

The build is not going to be finished on time. Thats for sure!

2. FleetlineDLux

FleetlineDLux
    from Canada

I just dealt with them with specific shipping instructions that they followed to the T delivered and on time with no duty! Maybe they were waiting on stock of certain items? not everything is just on the shelf at all times.

3. Sounds like an Alliance membership is well worth the price if just to have HAMB support in resolving these types of issues when necessary.

4. 5window

5window

Also true, and I am sure Ryan must have many.many better things to do with his time. On the other hand, I think most of us,Alliance members or not, consider that "Alliance Vendor" means this is a reliable company to deal with.

Personally, if I haven't dealt with the company before and I'm investing in either a part I need right away or an expensive order, I'll be doing a HAMB search and maybe a couple of other sites as well. The resources are right here, it'd be silly not to use them.

5. swekustom

swekustom
    from Sweden

OK ! Im dont wanna be a shithead. Maby its not Jamco that messed up and lost the parts. Can be somewhere else. But I must start looking somewhere. And I think it would be smart to check with jamco first to make sure they has sent all the parts to the shipping place !

Sorry for bad english ! And being stupid for not doing a search on jamco on the hamb before ordering !

6. swekustom

swekustom
    from Sweden

Well now it seems like Jim Genty at Jamco fixed this. He is shipping the part to the shipping area tomorrow ! THANX Jim for fixing it ! Now I know my stuff isnt gone. puuh

7. I haven't read all the responses, nor do I care to, this is a situation for the better business bureau or a consumer action complaint board. I'm not really sure which applies more to this situation. Also how about everyone that has been wronged by Jamco just right a bad Yelp! review and maybe this place will get the idea.

8. tallymercury

tallymercury

Any pics of yours Eric? Would love to see the new one

9. Daddy0

Daddy0
    from Pedro

Ok guys, I wanna pipe in here...
    Jamco is a small company with REALLY nice products and have some niche products that NO OTHER company has. Jim has been busting his ballz to take his dad's company from what it was when dad had it (most everything in his head) to what it is today. He is what we preach about buying from everyday, the little man. He is the small biz just trying to get by. Give him a brake and either leave him an email or a VM and he'll get back to you and make it right, that's how he rolls.
    My $.02, now off the soap box...

10. big creep

big creep

all you fng need to learn how to chill the fuck out! they will get your things! ive ordered from them before and have never been ripped off! so stfu!!

11. thesheetmetalguy

thesheetmetalguy
    from Phoenix Az

I think you old schoolers should look at your freinds way of doing biz and stop sticking up for the guy, he wount return calls or emails you may know him but I dont so check the facts pal!!!
    Sorry I thought this was a public post or was this your post and should i check with you before i post the truth!!!!

12. big creep

big creep

you're the new guy, and i bet you didnt read the rules! yes there are rules! and i think you jumping from thread to thread crying like a baby is going to get you no where! i know they will get you your things just keep calling. they are not in the business of ripping people off, yea it sucks that they haven't contacted you, but you need to chill out!

13. HOTRODKID91

HOTRODKID91

14. hottweelz

hottweelz
    from So. Cal

Sheetmetalguy, I can't look up your order if you don't give me your name. I sent you a PM asking for your info and all you did was throw ar rant and not give me any info to look you up. I am more than willing to work with you and get you your parts, but I need to know who you are.

15. slammed

slammed

WTF, that is uncalled for.

16. slammed

slammed

If you take your own advice, and 'think'. Would they still be in business if they were not straight up? Until then, sling it else where.

17. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Really terrible on their customer service, which seems to be today, more important than ever in this present economy.
    Have a friend that just got into building up a '54 Ford sedan that had nothing but problems with Jamco. This was after I told him they were a good company. All of the above problems listed, delayed replies, long periods before parts arrived, wrong parts sent, parts that had to be modified (by us) before being able to be used.
    If the truth hurts, so be it.

18. thesheetmetalguy

thesheetmetalguy
    from Phoenix Az

What is being over looked is i have tryed to get this company to call me with an update! just an update! nothing more! That is the only thing i have asked for so I have chilled out for as long as i can this is bull shit. Even the smallest company out there will call you back or email back.
    He has no issues with posts or comunication now! If you spent your hard earned money on parts for your ride with the understanding that a reputable company is on the other end giving good service for the dollar you would would think you could get info. A EMAIL COULD HAVE STOPED THIS !
    Sorry some think im a cry baby! but this was the only way I got a responce!
    What dose that say about Jamco!

19. 6inarow

6inarow

What I dont get is how they are still Alliance Vendors. Do a search on "Jamco" and look at how many threads are up about them. On this place a guy screws you on a carburetor and its all over the HAMB but thread after thread on their service and they are still defended?

20. 5window

5window

in a word,YES! not specifically JAMCO, because I don't know. But, any number of companies are living long after their attention to the product and the customer dies,living off their old good name. The HAMB's pretty littered with these tales. As for 6inarow's question:Good point, but only Ryan could answer that.

21. toadyoty

toadyoty
    from Warm Beach

Well I am newly interested in disc brakes for my Merc. Found this thread and started reading up on Jamco. Wow! A suggestion for the Jamco dude.....Hire a GOOD secretary!

22. STAY AWAY FROM JAMCO

add me to the list of unhappy customers:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Now calling 3 times a day to JAMCO they have not returned my calls since they got my money, very poor way to do business talk about putting a bad taste in your mouth. All I want to know is when I can except the parts they said they should ship 24 or 27 of January had in stock.

I have been building cars professionally since 91 do 2-3 a year and it has been a long time since I have had this bad of service I just cant figure out what there problem is.

O well guess this will be my last time dealing with them. If they don't get with me by Wednesday I will call discover and file a complaint and get my money back and clip the car with something else.

Jamco call me 817-252-2056
    PM sent to Jamco also

got a replay fro jamaco now the story is the part were to be drop shipped from the manufacturer how can this be if they were in stock and jamaco just got them back from the powder coaters and need to just assembly and ship

his reason for not getting back with me been in jury duty
    when I had calls and i was not at the shop I checked my voice mail and answered all before it went to bed at night that how you do business it is all about taking care of the customer no mater what and being honest with them

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  23. JVK54

JVK54

In Jim's defense- Though we had some rough spots and delays last year on dropped coils for my 54 Buick (bad communication and delays followed and a mistake made by the manufacturer) Jim did his best to make the thing right..AND the end result was a perfect stance and much improved ride for my 54.
    More recently I ordered a pair of 3" cut coils for my 50 Chevy. They were ordered on Jan 27th..Jim said it would be about 10-14 days for delivery , he was responsive to emails, great on the phone and the coils arrived at my door today, right on schedule. In my experience he's a good guy who sells real quality stuff..and yeah, there have been issues in the past. BUT, he seems to be doing his level best to get them sorted out and our most recent business certainly reflects that. Thanks Jim!

24. 5window

5window

I am mostly interested in this as a small business owner. What doesn't make sense is why JVK54 gets emails, phone calls and delivery on time, but thesheetmetal guy and Gasser1 cannot get any response at all, even after multiple attempts. Someone ,hopefully the JAMCO folks themselves, will straighten this out. It is sad,really.

25. Did this ever get resolved??

26. extremist

extremist

Granted it's been a few years now, but I went with Jamco for suspension, brakes and advice for my 50 Ford and the products and service were great. The service aspect included help on the phone from Jim while I was in my garage actually doing the front suspension install. No complaints.

27. My problem is slowing getting taken care of the A-Arms got here yesterday (wow looks like 30 days after the phone order was placed)
    and this was items in stock??????????)

Still have not gotten the boaster/master Cly kit. I sent email 5:00 yesterday no reply as of 4:30 today (service sucks)

I like dealing with small business usley get fast service but this is to the point it silly! Jamco slowing me down, and is now causing a problem with my customer

next time will go back to what i usley do clip with MM2 or something else

JVK54

if I had been told there would be a delay that's would have been fine I probably would have went a different way on the build but when I asked I was told it was all there just had to put together and would ship in 3-4 days part

the A-Arms did not ship for 24 days and still do not know where or when the rest will ship

I know things happen in life but you need to let the customer know that part of owning a shop

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  28. here is where I sit will at least get the A-arm done this weekend and the rear end in then next week I have surgery on my hand and will be down for a few weeks maybe then I will have the booster

d[​IMG]

29. now if I just had my boaster to make sure i do not have to lower the motor then I can start building the headers

I will give it to jamco the a-arms fit nice.
    Just send them $900 Wait a long time and then bolt them on (service sucks still)

only change I made was using T-bird 70-71 spindles instead of the 69-73 mustang or Granada spindles The T-bird uses larger bearings and a larger rotor 12" but still has the 4.5x5 lug pattern just have to use the lower ball joint shim from stevesmustang.com
    here is where I sit now still no reply from Jamco been emailing and calling for 48 hrs now and no reply.

[​IMG]

30. While there is NO excuse for the lack of communication from Jamco's end I would think inundating them with countless phone calls and emails is probably just making the situation worse. I can understand the frustration of no response but if every customer is doing this ( and given Jamco recent history they probably are) it is not surprising they don't answer their phone anymore.