Register now to get rid of these ads!

beware of drunk drivers.. trailer saftey

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950coronet600hp, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Moderator folks, feel free to delete this post if deemed not hamb worthy. As the story goes, we were trailering home a new to us slide in camper, at aproximatly 11:50 pm a drunk driver first clipped the back of the trailer, then gunned it and rammed the back of the trailer, then driving his 80's lincoln through the camper in tow causing it to explode into a million pieces then he proceeded to collide with the back of the pickup truck we were in. if it wasn't for the utility rack he would have probably been in the cab, thus possibly ending our lives. when we came to a stop the lincoln had its front wheels up on our now demolished trailer. If I wasn't paying attention during this wreck we would have slid into nearby telephone poles. thankfully no one was hurt or killed in this indecent. but be careful folks, there are some crazy people out there.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

WOW, whats the truck look like?
    Glad youre safe!
    Always gotta be on the watch for idiots, they're everywhere.

3. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

wow , glad your ok , what a mess , guy who relieved my shift at the plant the other night after super bowl said he saw 5 drunks weaving around on the roads to work after the game ,

4. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

CAAARRAAAAAP!!!!!!!
    Glad you were paying attention. Looks like Attention owes you some change.
    We left the Uberbowl party right around half time to avoid amature night.

5. ray-jay

ray-jay
    from Buford GA

Let me guess, not his first dui ???

6. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know it seems obvious, but I have to be sure; did the cops get the drunk? And what did they do?

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ouch, Glad you guys got though it ok.

8. Shopking

Shopking
    from central Pa

Just think if it would have been mounted on the the truck and someone would have been back there.Damn scary.

9. 53Hattie

53Hattie

The drunk woulda been hurt if it'd been me he hit, ...oh yeah!

10. Willy301

Willy301

The second biggest sporting event, next to the Stupidbowl? anyone..... The Roadside Olympics, immediately following the stupidbowl...brought to you by your local law enforcement... Unfortunately, the drunks were penalized for having too many players on the field, so the cops could not cover them all.

Seriously, glad you are ok. I hope they got the dirtbag. He had to be really trashed to not know he was bouncing off you.

11. the truck is a bit battered.. have to replace the trailer hitch, drivers tail light and I have to straighten the bed a bit.. fun fun..

12. uncle buck

uncle buck

It seems like it is getting worse and worse out on the road with these drivers. The attorneys have rewritten and worked around the laws loophole so much that it's nothing more than the "catch and release" system anymore.

13. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had a guy that worked for me get drunk and killed on his birthday. It was bad enough that he croaked himself but he left his wife with three kids and no insurance. They could not afford a coffin for the viewing and he was on a gurney and his head was "made up" but mis-shapen. The granny in the Buick took three months to die.

Think about who else's tomorrow you will fuck up or take away forever, the next time you go to the bar and get shitfaced without a DD.

Attached Files:

14. Glad your ok man..

15. Beef Stew

Beef Stew
    from So Cal

not to make light of a serious subject but i once saw someone rear end a boat on a trailer thereby pushing the boat through the back of the rv that was towing it. it was pretty funny seeing a motorhome on the side of the road with a boat shoved up its ass.

16. Deuces

Deuces

I had 2 cars trashed by a drunk driver... One was a '74 Sedan De'Ville and my other, a '69 Z/28... And both cars were legally parked! :mad::mad:..... Next time.....

Attached Files:

17. HlicesArerich

HlicesArerich
    from new york

I know it seems obvious

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

18. Be careful out there! I see too many drunks on the road and call 911 right away. In the age of the cell phone, I hope everyone does it when they spot one.

Bob

19. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

I hope you bloodied the bastard before the cops arrived. Drunk drivers deserve to have the grap beat out of them. Of course that's just my opinion.

20. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

Wow, glad your OK!!!