Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help with value on my 32 roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODSWE, Feb 5, 2012.

1. HOTRODSWE

HOTRODSWE

Hi all
    I've got some interests on my car and I'm back ant forth around if I want to sell or not. Also having difficulties in selecting a reasonable price on it. I would like your opinion on what it would approx bring in the States.
    The paint is not 100%, but overall it got the parts and at least I'm please with the stance of it.

It has the following parts; 255 cu.i French Flathead, Thickstun, Navarro, New Strombergs, Hunt, T5-S10 5 speed. Brookville body, Rootlieb hood, Winters QC, Schroeder streering, Leather interior and rumble.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. anteek

anteek

If you don't need the money,keep the car. It's great and will increase in value,not drop like our worthless currency.

3. C'mon man, Stop teasin' us.:)

4. 2935ford

2935ford

So, is this one of those, darn, I wish I had that one back again cars?

Don't sell it!

5. big bad john

big bad john

I'll take it off your hands.....Not worth much in the states.....will send you $5.000 ....Oh and you pay the shipping costs

6. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

35K to 45K Depending on how fast you want to sell or how bad you want to keep it!
    Very nice no matter what!

7. XWYNNSGUY

XWYNNSGUY

i'm with bbg, but i'll give you another grand! great car, if you don't need the money keep it and drive it!! t

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

The only down side to that car (and this is only brought to attention when selling it) would be the fact that it's a Brookville Body. So the Ford (even the hot rodders) Purists are not going to bite on it....

....Good news is it's a really rad hot rod so there's going to be some guys that have quite a bit of money behind them that'll pony up and pay decent money. It's turn key so a guy that's too busy to build one will be looking at it thinking about all the fun he can have.

Weird times but I'd say 45k?

9. Dirty2

Dirty2

I agree !

10. HOTRODSWE

HOTRODSWE

The car is a replica of the Rolling Bones roadster regarding style, chassis and stance

11. oj

oj

45K? and it cost more than that to build it.

12. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I think you guys are on the light side.

Ask $55k and take $50kUSD...or keep it.

13. bonesy

bonesy

I fully agree.

14. HOTRODSWE

HOTRODSWE

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Put a number on it that you couldn't refuse. If it sells awesome you have a pocket full of money! If it doesn't you have a cool cool hot rod to drive the piss out of.

The only thing I can see negative coming out of this is that once you have opened the idea of selling that's all that car is going to be to you. You either are going to keep it forever or it's always for sale and you're always looking towards the next car ya know?

16. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

DAMN! Now THAT, is a good lookin' hot rod!!

17. x2!!!
    o

18. S.F.

S.F.

thats a damn good lookin piece of machinery right there....I'd say somewhere in the range of 35-45K....Been watching all of the auctions lately....seems the original 32 stuff isnt going for much more than that either. 6 years ago that car would have brought 50 K easy. We are in a down market, its the time to buy. Everything is low, even vettes....saw a 57 vette Fuelie go for under 100K last week

19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep one of the best looking 32 roadsters I've seen anywhere anytime.

Yada yada ,the Brookville body probably would bring a tad less than an original Henry built body but If that car has an original body on it the price would be getting up close to or in six figures.

It' a whole lot easier to start high and if someone has that money so be it than start a bit too low and regret it.

20. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Usually that's the way it goes.:eek:

21. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

That is freaking gorgeous!

22. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

Put a price on it that makes you happy...40,000/50,000 or whatever it might be. If you get no buyers it's too high. Consider lowering the price in comfortable increments til you either find a buyer or decide its not enough to make selling worthwhile.

I've used this method for years....it works:)

Nice car by the way. I'd be hard pressed to want to sell it.

23. bobbooth

bobbooth
    from limeyland

whats it worth, heaps of praise is what its worth , great looking ride, money comes and money goes but that is timeless , keep it unless you really have to sell it and then you and you alone know what its worth to you.....

24. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I'd also guess around $50k US Dollars.

I really think it would be worth a little more than most other flathead powered Brookville bodied '32 Roadsters out there that are built with similar quality.
    My reasoning for that is because of the style and overall Hot Rod look, stance, and proportions that this car has. It's just BETTER in my opinion.

By the way --- awesome car!

Malcolm

25. saucerhead

saucerhead

If Rolling Bones can get what they do for an unfinished car (fake patina and indian blanket seat), your finished car should do very well. Tasteless cars usually seen on TV auctions will never bring very much. Well built cars done tastefully will usually sell faster and for more $ than one that just had money thrown at it. My 2 cents.

26. Finding a 1932 Ford in Europe is not easy, let alone a REAL Henry Roadster.:eek:

27. GREAT Hot Rod dude...... If it was mine I would'nt let it go at all. But if I had to it would take 50K to buy it.

28. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

If that car showed up at our shop and a customer had paid 50k for it and the whole car is as nice as it looks I would call that well bought.

The stance is spot on

29. X2 all day Love this Roadster!

30. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

The arm chair appraisals sound pretty accurate for the states but seeing as you are across the pond... I think the value would rise dramatically.