Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 33-34 coupes...the hamb collection...lets see em

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vendettaautofab, Feb 24, 2007.

1. SinisterSpeed

SinisterSpeed
    from Reno, NV

This is a killer thread, cool to see the pics of my Dad's 34 (617c coupe). Logan's old coupe is one of my favorites, here is a photochop that I did to get an idea for what I have planned for my 3-window project. Also some pics of a '34 Chevy we chopped 6 something inches that we built for a good friend of ours here in town a couple years ago, came out pretty cool and it is something totally different than all those Fords....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. marman1950

marman1950

My dad's 33.

Attached Files:

3. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

making some progress on mine:

[​IMG]

4. '33 chevy I have planned....

[​IMG]

5. A little on-topic palate cleanser.

[​IMG]

Notice - no IFS, no billet wheels, no rack and pinion steering, no poorly executed chops.

Helpful enough??? :rolleyes::D

heavydumper likes this.
  6. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Love that coupe Dave... so sharp.

Does this count yet or do I have to wait until it has both rear quarters clamped on?:D:D:D

[​IMG]

7. rrthiv

rrthiv
    from S.E.Ohio

My dad's '33 Ford...

Attached Files:

8. We were almost derailed..Back on track...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. 3day

3day
    from UK

Definitely back on track, those are all sweet

10. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11. XWYNNSGUY

XWYNNSGUY

Please send that car over to my house, I'll help you finish it!! Thanks, Tom

12. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Ford Ford Ford fiberglass turd ford ford opps chevy !!Yes I have a duece too but maybe Mr James wont be to hard on me !!

Attached Files:

13. Squint...

Attached Files:

14. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

More termite food cactus I just bought some maple for the 32 door post maybe theres enough for a chevy !

15. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i can see it mike!

16. CruZer

CruZer

That car is a Gibbons Viper kit. Pete&Jakes chassis w/ a Gibbons FG body channeled over it.

17. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Here's one I got..

Attached Files:

18. Flat Power

Flat Power
    from New Jersey

19. EV34

EV34

heres my new project, have had it over a year and just now got to see it all mocked up and see it rolling

Attached Files:

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That looks like something you would have seen on the lakes at a Cal-Neva or Russetta meet!! Cool!

21. EV34

EV34

thanks! im torn on if i want to chop it and lower it some or run the wheels off of it like it is!

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Ya know as much as I love a chopped 33-34 I think it would be cool to run just like that....at least for a while! If you look at a lot of the pics from lakes meets where coupes were allowed to run, a lot of them were not chopped especially in the 40's....and even up til the early 50's. There's part of our past that's not being recreated much but they're equally just as cool!

Would be cool to maybe throw a set of 7.00's out back and leave the car like that for a few years while you enjoy the hell out of it and then decide what you want to do from there.

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Like this one!

Attached Files:

24. Lower it (not channel) and then run the wheels off. You can always chop it later. Nice start, wish my 5w was is such good shape when I started.

Jeffrey, you type too fast! I like that car you posted. But it looks a little chopped to me???

25. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

It does a little when compared to his. Hmmm....seems weird they'd only chop it like an inch or two. Even if it is, I guess it's the entire package. Nothing overly complicated there and could easily be thrown together in a garage over a winter. I think your idea with lowering it a little and driving the wheels off is exactly what I'd do!!!

26. EV34

EV34

i have lowered the rear a few inches since the pics but this ol girls far from nice, its two cars built to one, it was found in a river bed in Co. i have replaced most of the rear roof, and most of the quarter window on the drivers side. which i need to redo cause its just not quite "right" and i could really use part of a quarter panel for the drivers side as well. the rest of the cars nice tho! but 21 and on a budget i cant get to picky :D

27. EV34

EV34

kinda my thoughts right now, i might have to chop some now if i cant get the roof and doors to meet up like they should, its kinda a mess but alot better then when i first got it

28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

21 and owns a Model 40? Well then I would slap it together as much as you can and drive it for sure. Learn exactly what you want and don't want out of this car and then when you're 30 tear it down and build it again nicer.

Take it from me, it sucks not having a driving hot rod and watching everyone else drive theirs. It's been a year and a half since I traded away my driving Merc for a pile of parts that is titled as a '33 ford. Excited to drive it one day but getting impatient.

29. EV34

EV34

i know the feeling of not having a driving hot rod, me and my dad built a 34 ford pickup for me when i 16 sold it at 18 cause i wanted a coupe, bought a glass car and had it almost finished drove it once and didnt like the feel of driving a glass car. I found this one and just had to have it so i sold the glass car and now im build this one. Which I am happier with now then the last two. This on is more traditional, BenD has helped out a bunch with helping me find all the right parts, i dont lack much of getting it on the road im shooting for late fall/winter? Maybe?
    Thanks for all the kind words fellas

30. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well then you're far more versed in building hot rods then I am. You probably know exactly how you want it so go forth and be bold my friend!!! Fall sounds like a nice time to take it for it's first drive!