Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Spokane, wa guys...any interest in a roadster club?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Oct 12, 2010.

1. I have been thinking about this for a few years. Any spokane or local guys interested in a roadster/phaeton club? Nothing political or over the top...just an organization for early open cars. Lemme know your thoughts.

2. What about a Washington roadster club?

I'm willing to hack the roof off my coupe....:rolleyes:

3. I guess no likes this idea Chris. ;)

4. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

I'm down. Guess it will be You, Me, and Lenny....

5. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

What about a nationwide roadster club?...:rolleyes::rolleyes::D j/k...

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I think it's a cool idea if for nothing else then to organize roadster only reliability runs and such. What might be better then a roadster club is a PNW or Washington State Flathead club to blanket over your latest reliability run. That way you can pull the help of members and organize it into something that people travel across the country to get to like Pasadena roadster club.

Knowing you and your elitist ways you'll want to start a flathead, roadster, 6v, drum brake, no modern tranny club. In any case....I'm out.

7. Well....first you'd have to move here...then you'd have to build a roadster.

I'll start looking for a body for ya!

8. Logan said he's in and I'm sure John will be too. So theres 5!

9. mj40's

mj40's

Let’s see, that's a president, vice prez, sec/treasure and a couple directors. Looks like a club to me.

10. johnnyboy76

johnnyboy76
    from Sparta, WI

dont forget you have tyler and some day billy. i wish mine was a roadster. actually a rpu would be cool too.
    johnny

11. I just learned Spokane already has a roadster club but it's kinnda street roddy. So who knows if we need another specialty club :D

12. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I wouldn't join any club that would have me......not exclusive enough.

13. allenracing02

allenracing02

Sounds like a click within thee inland emperor's

14. Not at all...thats why I was asking here. All of Thee Emperors are my friends so naturally any with roadsters would probably like to join. I dunno, might be a waste of an idea. I just LOVE roadsters and wanna do some runs and such with like minded people/cars

15. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

Just because someone owns a roadster doesn't make them or their car like minded, just stick with hamb friendly.. IMO

16. Chris,

How could you forget about the Spokane Roadsters, they've been around since the early 90's. I remember them all parked in a row with Spokane Roadster plaques in front of each car at shows around town as a kid. My personal opinion is Spokane doesn't need another roadster club unless it's called the Anal Emperor Roadster Club. :D

17. antiqueautomike

antiqueautomike
    from Spokane

Good Call!

18. OK guys, sounds like a lot of you think it's a bad idea so I guess I'll bag it.

Billy, I did remember the Spokane Roadster club, just thought they were no longer. Street rod clubs do nothing for me :D

19. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

haha

20. rancid737

rancid737

I would be down, not sure if my roadster project is acceptable though...

21. This idea is not dead...I am working on something roadsters only. May be as simple as a reliability run around CDA lake or something...stay tuned!

22. If I had a roadster I'd be interested. All my stuff has tops for now. But than again i'm not exactly in the Spokane area ether. Never mind.

23. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Ah the discrimination against coupes continues........;):p

24. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

I want in! Oh wait, I don't live there and I don't have a roadster. Damn!

Maybe I'll start an Oregon COUPE club... Ha. Just kidding, sounds like a cool idea Chris.

25. No discrimination at all, just a love for roadsters. I own open cars AND closed cars :D

26. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

As of recently, the Seattle Roadsters only has one remaining member, that's me, even though I haven't actually lived in Seattle since 1988, I was somehow accepted. Everyone else moved away. I'm the closest anyone could get anymore so I'll take it..But, within three miles of my house, still, there are three great roadsters with good friends attached to each. We're coming together to the Ford Picnic the first Sunday in June. Come on over Chris, we'll let you create a charter club. It's very exclusive though so be prepared.

27. 33mopower

33mopower

Maybe call it the lone wolf roadster club and Walt Thorton can be prez. Then if he ever paints the lincoln and makes it nice you can kick him out.
    In all seriousness are you just talking about roadsters and phaetons or cabriolets and convertible sedans as well?

28. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Anything with a top that drops. If you're only going to have one hot rod it should be a roadster!

29. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

Chris; Jump on it. Even if you only have 3 or 4 followers you can put it together and do your thing. If it is represented by you and your cars it will draw reconition and members. Just do it and above all, keep it simple.
    Mike

30. Well like I said I'm gonna do something. Time will tell...I gotta get my roadster on the road first :D