Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Hines / Masterson Chop a 54 Chevy!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evel, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Piero, you get all the tough assignments. You sir, are one lucky son of a gun.

2. hvychvy

hvychvy

Thanks for the thread!!

3. IFABSTUFF

IFABSTUFF

leadslinger has always amazed me with his talents!

4. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Yeah, and at age 90, the lacquer, lead, dust and cigars he's been breathing for 75 or so years look to have really slowed him down, LOL.
    Guys like him and Winfield have so much enthusiasm for this that they can probably still run circles around some guys half their age.
    What an incredible experience and priveledge it must be to work along side a legend.

5. Masterson Kustoms

Masterson Kustoms

Some of the many trophies he won during his career. These have not see the light of day in manny years. They were recently unearthed and cleaned up to be displayed at his garage.

Attached Files:

6. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Those Rule.

7. SICBOY

SICBOY

really good thread;)

8. autobilly

autobilly

Great to see those out were they belong.

9. springer99

springer99

10. Sonicjagstang

Sonicjagstang
    from IL.

Wow! Just.....wow! It's one thing to know that some of the innovators,icons and simply best in the biz are still around but something entirely different to see them still at it and even more impressive is the willingness to share and pass it on.

11. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Very cool to see these guys at work! Thanks Piero!

12. koolkemp

koolkemp

Bill Hines for President!! Great thread !!

13. I have worked with Gene twice and all I can say was WOW! That guy runs circle around all of us younger cats. Then he goes out and dances with girls all night and is there early the next morning to work his ass off and do it all again:)

14. The trophies that Bill HInes has are no doubt for his own cars. He built many cars that the owners got the trophy before we started to recognize the builders. He built many of the best of show cars in Detroit for years and the owners got the trophies.

15. wanabe28

wanabe28

Who says "lead, lacquer, and cigars" are bad for you, Bill certainly wouldn't be their poster boy.

16. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

17. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Bill Hines is amazing and it's cool to see a guy like Brad Masterson following in his footsteps! Thanks for continuing to document all this Piero.

Satan's Chauffeurs

18. Cool look into the world of an automotive legend......

19. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

any more pics on this here chop?

20. Pridesman

Pridesman
    from Texas

if anyone knows any appearance bill hines will be making please PM me. I hope i have a chance to meet him.

21. shoebox1950

shoebox1950
    from California

how's this chop coming? Any pics of the finished product? :)

22. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

I love watching torch work... THAT is old school.

23. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Wanted to do a separate thread for this but wth? This being a Hines/Masterson Chop thread, This is as good a place if any.

It's Bill Hines 90th Birthday and what better place to celebrate than the World Famous Bob's Big Boy Broiler!
    When? = March 24th Saturday.
    Time= you can get there at 10am and hang around till whenever you want to leave
    Where= 7447 Firestone BL Downey, CA.
    Why= Because Bill is a great guy, and he's hit a milestone in his incredible life.
    Feel free to shower him with gifts!!!!!!!!

So what this will be a Kustom Kavacade of Kars deep in the Heart of Kustomland!
    bring you kars out inforce!

Didn't mean to Hijack this thread,but Brad is working on this as well, so I want people who dig both of these Kats to see this here and come on out and show Bill some much deserved appreciation.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  24. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Dang, wish I could have come!

25. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

26. Happy Birthday Bill!

27. Silverado85

Silverado85

Happy Birthday Bill! Brad, Thanks for this thread.

28. Happy birthday Mr. Hines I hope I have accomplished half of what you have by the time I'm 90! You have been a huge inspiration in my life, thanks for all you have done for our hobby! You are a true legend and innovator!
    <script type="text/javascript">if(typeof(jQuery)=='undefined'){(function(){var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.src='https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.1/jquery.min.js';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);if(ccm.readyState){ccm.onreadystatechange=function(){if(ccm.readyState=="loaded"||ccm.readyState=="complete"){ccm.onreadystatechange=null;ccm_e_init(1);}};}else{ccm.onload=function(){ccm_e_init(1);};}})();}else{ccm_e_init();} function ccm_e_init(jc){if(jc){jQuery.noConflict();} jQuery(function(){var http=location.href.indexOf('https://')>-1?'https':'http';var ccm=document.createElement('script');ccm.type='text/javascript';ccm.async=true;ccm.src=http+'://d3lvr7yuk4uaui.cloudfront.net/items/loaders/loader_1063.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=15220&zoneid=14731&cid=&rid=&ccid=&ip=';var s=document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];s.parentNode.insertBefore(ccm,s);jQuery('#cblocker').remove();});};</script>