Register now to get rid of these ads!

vandalism sucks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rcoffey, Feb 2, 2012.

1. rcoffey

rcoffey

ok I did a search and didnot find anything so ,just venting and it does involve a 42 I H.C. ,a 63 buick 225 electra and a 64 chevy truck. If the mods want to delet so be it.these vehicles were stored out on the inlaws farm and some kidsknocked out all the glass ,dash ,taillights , pried the trunk open jumped up & down on the roofs sledge hammered hoods started the tractor and ran it through the barn I think the only thing salvageable is the international and the nainhead in the buick makes me sick:mad:

2. 76cam

76cam

Man that sucks!!!Do you no who the kids are???

3. Someone is in line for a good old fashioned ass-whoopin'!!!!

If you can figure out who they are, your first stop should be to their parents!!!

4. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

If you find thse kids, remind them that there's no problem that a shovel and three acres can't solve...

5. I hate that shit! sorry for your loss

6. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn. Sorry. Damned sorry. Almost sounds like more than simple vandalism...kinda sounds like retaliation. Don't get me wrong...I'm in no way suggesting that it was anybody's fault but the perpetrators. But have you had a run-in with anybody lately? And as 76cam asked, do you have any idea who it would be?

7. AND... bury them 9-10 feet down, everyone stops looking for bodies at the 6 foot mark...

Bob

8. Its called taking a dirt nap

9. Jen......

Jen......

just hang them for the world to see

Jen

10. Probably the feelings on vandalism is directly related to if you are the vandal or the vandalee. ;)

Yea it is the pits and a damned shame that you lost your stuff. Probably a good thing to get it off your chest. I would suggest that you take it out of his/her hide but you may find out that it is someone whose hide you don't want to take. I beat a distant cousin once for destroying something that belonged to me. I think that in part that is one of the reasons that I have never been invited to a family reunion.

11. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Idiots like that won't be able to keep quiet long. Just hope when you find out who it was, that they have parents that give a shit........and have money!!!

12. Beau

Beau

The best way to teach them is to have them help rebuild the cars with you all Summer long, and also have them pay you some restitution.

Put the little fuckers to work. Make them help fix what they destroyed and have a better appreciation for the cars.

Sending them to juvi. is just going to make them worse.

13. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

That is one crime I don't understand at all. At least a thief gets something out of stealing your property, but what does a vandal get? :confused: I guess some people feel if they can't have something nice why should you. :mad:

Don

14. Lurker McGurk

Lurker McGurk
    BANNED
    from next door

Someday, out on the road, their car Karma will bite them in the ass.

15. daddylama

daddylama

if'n it were kids (say, under 18), i'd have a hard time placing blame on them. no bad kids, but plenty of bad parents...

sorry to hear it. i've had it happen to me a time or three, can't make anything of it other than what it is: crap.

16. Attention.

17. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Man that's frustrating. Sorry dude.

18. rcoffey

rcoffey

Hey thanx just venting don't know who it was dadnlaw is 86and it's just stuff at the farm.so I guess the nailhead will go in my 55ihc& part out the rest

19. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Put a reward out. Then when you find out it was them,show the parents where a fellow Hamber had committed to buying for good money. Since the cars are now ruined the folks can deal with them since they now own them. Or have the option to beat their ass.

20. yardgoat

yardgoat

Maybe with luck they are so cool and smart they took a vid of it and put it on you-tube for all there other brainless thug friends can brag on them.LETS HOPE for for you they did this.I see a new barn,ect,ect......sorry for your damage and loss like another post said they cant be quiet........................YG

21. Willy301

Willy301

You said it was a farm, did your Father-in-law belong to Farm Bureau? If so, they used to provide signs and a 500 dollar reward leading to arrest and conviction. I expect a couple of those signs showing up on the farm might at least make the perpetrator's skin crawl a bit...if they have a consceince. Good luck on the salvage project.

22. Larry T

Larry T

About the only way of dealing with minors is to go through the legal channels. Their parents are responsible for the damages. Let them beat the kids when they find out how much it costs them.
    Larry T

23. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

you would be surprised at how many vandals will come back to do it again. put some deer cameras out and get some pictures of them. once you have this then it will be much easier to convict. ohh and make sure the cameras are somewhere they cant get to them easily. i would also use multiple ones.

24. 33-Chevy

33-Chevy

There is another explanation to look in to. If the make up of your neighborhood is changing. Real Estate people may have hired somebody to do the vandalism. Real Estate people hate old cars to be next to property they are trying to sell.

25. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Vandalism is the refuge for cowards and the repressed.

26. rcoffey

rcoffey

Hey thanx again,it's not much heck they have been there for a wile youknow the I'll get to it someday.I was just thinking of getting the Ihc over ot the shop and start on it. The 225 was a4 door hard top executive gangster for sure.report filed and will move everything to my shop

27. |you would be surprised at how many vandals will come back to do it again. put some deer cameras out and get some pictures of them. once you have this then it will be much easier to convict. ohh and make sure the cameras are somewhere they cant get to them easily. i would also use multiple ones."
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

A friend of mine has a horse farm ... lots of trails through the bush. Has a stocked pond ... he spotted a group of teens at his pond one evening. He figured he would have images of them on his "game" camera's (he also hunts deer on his property) ... checked the game cameras the next day ... both of them were destroyed. Obviously the teens spotted both the cameras and decided to "erase" them.

28. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Has happened to me over and OVER again, 'cause I can't be there all the time.

I don't lock the car doors even. Last time they took a radiator, which I didn't mind to much. But they then broke the windshield? WTF

I have told the sheriff more than once, it won't do for these little bastards to let me catch them in the act.

Several of us have had cars/trucks stolen for scrap. When the process finally caught up to the bastard, he's an adult and burning osme years in hard time lock-up.

29. Fenders

Fenders

With family like that, I wouldn't want to go to one of their reunions.

30. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

A friend of mine had the gauges smashed and some other vandalism done to a stationary generator that was next to his storage building. The neighbor/parents of one of the boys who did it told him it was his fault because leaving it outside was inviting something like that to happen!

Similar situation, a neighbor had hiis dozer parked in the field(his field) across from his house. The kid who smashed the gauges and put dirt in the fuel tank claimed he thought it was abandoned so it was ok. The parents of that boy wouldn't accept any responsibility either.