Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1950-1953 Plymouth & Dodge Thread....lets see what you got.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xxwelderxx, Apr 6, 2009.

1. 73RR

73RR

2. bobs your man

bobs your man

After many long nights searching for info on this swap, I finaly found that thread.. Thanks for the tip .. Progress wise we are actually just going to remove old flat head this week end..Im thinking of buying the kit for 300 bucks. Comes with motor mounts and tranny mount.. Do know someone whos used one with good results? Also would love as many pics as I can find..I saw a few good ones a while back but could never find them again..Only problems I can tell so far are : Exhaust header on driver side(have it),rear oil pan and sump(getting one) and the shift linkage? Want to keep the shifter on the tree if possible? Do you know of any other issues with this swap? I have a ton of questions .. Thanks.....

3. Big Man

Big Man

Hey guys nice cars i just uploaded my pic. Its in the raw but i be starting to rebuild soon.
    plymouth.jpg

plymouth2.jpg

4. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

Hay Tank.KOOOOOlist one yet. Nice flowing lines. Car looks good also.Ha Ha!!

5. Jace Black

Jace Black

Got my first rod the other day.. have a long passionate road ahead, but thankfully, these forums exist! I hope to contribute once I'm able to.

1950 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4door ..
    [​IMG]

6. 53 hemi

53 hemi

Here's my '53 Coronet

Attached Files:

7. 50Coronet

50Coronet

heres my 50, 79 chev clip and 350/350. 55 chev rear. iphone pics 024.jpg

8. 50Coronet

50Coronet

Heres a 49 I found in South Surrey BC. The owners name is Greg and i THINK he said it had a 383.

Attached Files:

9. brokenspider322

brokenspider322

here is a pic of my 53 custom

Attached Files:

10. 50FREAK

50FREAK

11. honeyman

honeyman
    from Steiner

I'm lovin' the diesel Dodge...geeez Louise!!!

12. 1lowbuckrodder

1lowbuckrodder

so im going to install a 69 318 w/torqueflite in my 52 ply.,, is there a motor mount available,,i dont want to cut the frame up or the inner fenders the car is to nice for that,, may have to fab the mounts,, so if there is a heads up on this i would be greatful for your reply

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  13. 50FREAK

50FREAK

Thanks man!! It's finaly almost back on the road I can't wait to hit some shows in it this year...

14. cgwarrant

cgwarrant

I just bought this one. Sorry for the photo- its the CL by the owner- in the rain. I'll post some more when I get a chance. '52 Cranbrook Club Coupe with 6 cyl and 3 spd. Needs a head gasket and rear brake work. $2000. I thought it was a pretty decent price. One spot of surface rust at the drivers rear fender welt. Interior is sweet, new tires (ditching the cheesy caps though), duals... Guy was awesome I bought it from. Has had the car for 20 years and time for someone else to enjoy it. Got a 318/904 sitting in the garage for awhile now just waiting on it...

Attached Files:

15. 73RR

73RR

As before, check this thread for ideas:
    http://www430.pair.com/p15d24/mopar_...ad.php?t=28578

16. jeffh547

jeffh547
    from Florida

Here's mine. It's a '52 and I bought it in October, 2011, from BurqueBulli, from an ad on the HAMB. I had some trouble with shippers so it's just now headed my way. I hope to wash it, fix the lights, put new tires on it and drive the hell out of it. This is my fifth Plymouth wagon, but my first 52.:D
    A lady-friend said it had a "nice face", and did I remember when cars had faces. Must be a "girl" thing, I have no idea. :confused: lol
    We've dubbed it "Creampuff". I'm sure that you can see why. :p

Here is the ad from which I bought it:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6885324&postcount=1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

exterminator likes this.
  17. My latest purchase ~ 1950 Wayfarer Sportabout Roadster. Either going to get a EDGY equipped hot six or a Poly with three twos.

Attached Files:

18. brokenspider322

brokenspider322

Latest Till I Get Back From Underway.

Attached Files:

19. honeyman

honeyman
    from Steiner

jeffh547...great "patina" on that wagon, looks like you got a great one there, lots to work with.

20. chunk40

chunk40

this is my ol girl......doing my best to get her on the road........

Attached Files:

21. chunk40

chunk40

that car is sweet

22. kool32

kool32
    from Kentucky

23. 73RR

73RR

...and this post, 318, has to do with what?

24. tankwilson

tankwilson

I have 2 53 plymouths i am currently parting out. Ditch cars but still have alot of usable parts.

25. Alex D.

Alex D.
    from Hydes, MD.

1952 Plymouth Concord P22-D. The D is for Desoto power.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I just finished the exterior, next is the interior, tires, and gears. It should be on the road in a couple weeks after some tuning and debugging.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  26. A little history lesson. 1994 I bought a rusty 1952 Plymouth Suburban 2 door wagon. $325 My dream was to clone George Cerneys 50 Plymouth wagon. I gathered or located all the needed parts. my floor was rusty and a friend offered me a 52 Belvedere Hardtop that had been rear ended but had decent floors.

trying to figure the best way to get the hardtop floor into the wagon. my first discovery was the H.T. had a 7 inch longer wheel base. but the H.T. doors bolted to the wagon perfect. the extra length was in the quarter panels. since I planned on a chop anyway it seemed like the best way to go was the whole cowl, floor and bottom half of the windshield. having done that I couldn't see throwing away the H.T. roof and doors.

My thoughts were what would George have done had he had the option. also at the time the Cerney wagon was listed as a lost custom. But I knew in my heart it would be found a week before I finshed my dream clone. And it was found and being rebuilt from what I hear.

for about 30 seconds I thought of building it on the longer chassis. (glad I didn't) everything went together with out a hitch. well I did screw up the roof and had to buy another 1950 wagon, $300. then found a 49 for $150. I still have the 49 might end up a clone after all.

I was in a shop with 15000 sf and room for 52 cars. had 4 projects going for myself. moved into a 1500 sf shop (that 1 zero can really screw you up) had no room for my project and the poor Wagon sat out in the Oregon wheather for about 12 years.

Had a customer (now a friend ) that was a glutton for punishment (used to build British cars) that took over the build. once again it's going together as a high quality low budget project.

took some photos as it left my a few months ago. the a couple a few weeks ago then thel last group today. with a rebuilt slant six and bucket seats plus a much cooler 50 plymouth dash

Attached Files:

27. austinsailor

austinsailor

Here's my 53 Belvedere 2 door hardtop I bought last week. Only surface rust, no dents, complete. Overdrive. Fenderskirts were in the trunk. Only a couple small dings in the stainless, easy to fix. Steering in great shape. I'm excited!

Attached Files:

• 53.jpg
      53.jpg
      File size:
      227.5 KB
      Views:
  28. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Wow, is that ever sleepy. Very cool.

-Dave

29. This thread is great! My grandfather's first car was a '53 Plymouth and my great-great-uncle who we lived on his farm bought a new '55 Plymouth he drove until the '70s. After that he let it sit until the '80s when my dad decided to get it running, but it was too far gone. Wish we still had it.

30. bjinatj

bjinatj

I am just wondering if any of you have done a frame swap. It looks like there are a lot of highly modified frames in here. A friend has a 51 Plymouth (car) with a pretty solid body, however the frame is near non-existent. I am looking for options for him as he is not going to be able to throw a lot of money at it, but we hate to see it become worm food. Any help you can provide would be great!

Thanks guys!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012