Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. junk driver

junk driver
    from spokane wa

I have a 64 econ 5 win tk it's going gasser

2. Nice looking truck, are you taking it to the good guys show in March or are you bringing the bird?

3. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

Planning to bring the Econoline, plenty of tailgate time!

Attached Files:

4. Cool, see ya there.

5. No vent frames, Do the one piece door glass roll up and down? I just finished a 65 van one piece windows yesterday they work fine but I will never do another LOL wouldn't mind comparing notes

6. YocumBros.

YocumBros.
    from Raleigh NC

7. YocumBros.

YocumBros.
    from Raleigh NC

8. Anyone know what happened to the van from the movie "The Tripper"? They were giving it away but never said the winners name, anyone on here have it ?

9. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

10. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Sorry about the big picture, This is my 1966 Econoline Shop Van. My boys are only 3 years old and 10 months old, but you can never start too early on the shop van.

11. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  12. calie100

calie100

love the light in the roll pan slots left by the rear bumper.

13. BadLuck

BadLuck

my pops just picked up this 61

Attached Files:

14. RayVan

RayVan

Just found the thread.

Heres my 1964 Panel with a 1965 200ci Inline 6. A original California car that I bought and shipped to Texas. A work in progress.

[​IMG]

Lots to do on this one, also plan on buying a truck later. Badluck I was actually looking at that same truck on ebay.

15. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

Anyone have an extra "O" for the back door? Please PM me. Thanks

16. erock805

erock805

Mine is Sold...wire transfer hit, waiting to be shipped to Georgia. Time to build a gasser!

17. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

Congratulations, there was a lot of great work in that truck, I'm sure you will miss it... but on to the next project!

18. Hey, I forgot to give you the address for the shipper...:D

19. econopoor

econopoor
    from Jackson TN

In case my name didn't give it away, I'll tell you I'm a little partial to the Econolines. I keep several around here. A lot more projects than I have time for. I've bought and sold several. Parted out some. The red pickup is a 61. I drive it everywhere. Take it with on vacations. It's been from Texas to Rhode Island, Chicago to Myrtle Beach, and all points in between.

[​IMG]

This is my latest project. It's been on the back burner while I've been searching for parts. I like 8 door vans.

[​IMG]

I've had this pickup for a long time. I had plans on restoring it but came to relize it was just a little too ruff to do that. Plan now is too just get it running and make a parts chasser out of it. That's the original paint. Special order Vintage Burgandy. I've never seen another Econo with this color. Would like to.

[​IMG]

This is a factory 64 Heavy Duty eight door with a 4 speed and 4:56 posi nine inch and a govenment DSO. Was a former USG van. Sold this to a good friend that plans a full resto.

[​IMG]

He's some of the pickups I've had. The yellow one went to a friend that wanted to try chopping the top on one. The blue one was parted out. The five window is slated for a EFI 5.0 and aod trans. It's still way down on the project list.

[​IMG]

A 67 Heavy Duty window van. I had plans for this one but a freind saw it and had to have it. It's a dead match for his pickup. Both are 67 narrow trim HD's. It's put away in my barn till he's ready for it.

[​IMG]

Except for a few parts trucks that's my pile. I've had a lot of different vehicles over the years but none come close to the fun I've had with these. They may not be the sharpest, fastest, or most expensive but they are definalty the most rewarding.

If anybody isn't doing anything over Labor day weekend then come join us on Petit Jean Mountian in Morriton Arkansas for the Mid South Econoline Meet. We're there every year.

[​IMG]

http://www.museumofautos.com/econoline.php

Thanks,

Duane in Tennessee.

20. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Hey econopoor do you have any more shots of that red '61? That truck looks pretty sharp!

21. jamesandrewjohnson

jamesandrewjohnson
    from Iowa

I'll try to get pictures up some time later, but this is right up my ally. I drive my dad's 1978 Ford Econoline E250 with a 460/C6 and full floating Dana 60 axle. It has Thrush headers, Edelbrock intake manifold, Edelbrock camshaft, MSD 6AL ignition box, Holley electric fuel pump, and a C6 with a B&M shift kit. It used to have a Holley Projection EFI, but that didn't work out too well. My dad bought it not knowing what he was going to put it in, started the project, installed it, and found that the computer was in "limp mode". The Holley guys told us there was no way to reboot it, and by then the warranty was up, so now it has the factory Motorcraft 4300D, but that carb does a pretty good job as it is.

22. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

is this a real panel? a fabbeld "nodoor"? it took me 24 years to get mine. saw one for the first time in 1980, and found one in 2004! glad i waited though. have fun with that thing!

23. econopoor

econopoor
    from Jackson TN

I have a ton of pics of it. This is in Gonzalez Texas last year.

[​IMG]

It's really a 20 footer. It has plenty of flaws, scratches, dings, sanding marks, and a little rust here and there. It's a real driver. Anywhere, any weather, Gravel roads, It's hauled stuff. Even made some junk yard runs. It's no where near as nice as some of it's pictures. I just keep her around because she's so much fun.

Duane in Tennessee

24. econodan

econodan

like picture bro my econo is yellow . i have an evo cop bike. what harley are u buuilding?

25. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

Had a few people get with me on the "O" for the back door. Thank You, Thats what its all about.

Now I need a top shock bolt for the front. (where does this stuff go?)

26. Mines a no door panel original ... I have never seen another what's the deal with them

27. MD1320guy

MD1320guy

Are there any aftermarket sources for rear wheelwells / quarter panels?

28. Hellfish

Hellfish

The only patch panels available are the side rockers (below the side barn doors and driver side), the outer rear wheel arches, and the rear corners (including tail light area) for both shorties and supervans. They are available from Mac's, Mill Supply, etc

I was able to get front wheel wells from someone parting out a van. My rear wells are really shot. I'm debating reconstructing them, or buying replacements from Summit and modifying them to fit.

29. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

Funny video....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W0WBNYk8dW0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

30. YocumBros.

YocumBros.
    from Raleigh NC