Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Clutch Popper Wednesdays

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Kid, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Buzz Off!

2. I know I have hearing damage from working in the shop as a kid. My wife tells me I don't hear half the stuff she says. I guess I didn't spend half as much time in the shop as I should have. LOL

3. I have lost a little bit on one of my ears. I always use ear protection in the shop now. Especially when using an air compressor to cool welds. That shit makes your ears ring after a while.

4. Cruiser

Cruiser

Take a look at Fred he knows how to protect his hearing, those are some great ears. One smart dog, the shop needs Fred to supervisor the guys. Here's hoping the guys will learn from Fred! :D:D

CRUISER :cool:
    [​IMG]

5. Hey guys,
    Sorry for the late update, I had a visitor come over last night just as we were finishing up, so I never got a chance to type this up last night.
    We started out the night by chowing down on Hot Turkey Sandwiches at the New West. After wards we came back to the shop and started on Dave's Fleetline.
    Dave made a sweep off of the passenger 1/4 so that the driver side we turn out the same shape.

[​IMG]

Charlie started taking the door handles out so they holes could be welded up.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dave gave me the task of finishing up the last bit of welding on the passenger 1/4.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Door handles out.
    [​IMG]

Johnny welded up the rocker trim holes along the passenger side.
    [​IMG]

Making filler pieces
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dave was busy all night finishing off the drivers side 1/4.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Johnny and I both took turns grinding the 1/4 and the rockers.
    [​IMG]

One door done!
    [​IMG]

One 1/4 almost finished...
    [​IMG]

Daves side pretty much ready for final welding...
    [​IMG]

And one happy Dave
    [​IMG]

6. Jay.S

Jay.S

Good suggestions but in Canada we have free health insurance... so we can be extra dangerous:eek:

7. keep it up fellas! johnny, you'd better watch that asscrack around that grinder!! those sparks will get ya

8. Daves Fleetline is looking good! Now you just need to chop that sucker.:D

9. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

Are those large holes in the lower quarters going to be for exhaust outlets? I sure hope so because that would look really cool.

10. Greezeball

Greezeball

^ Those holes are stock, they're for the bumper brackets.

11. The rear quarters are really coming along nicely.

P.S. Fuck door handles:D

12. 52Poncho

52Poncho

what!!!!

13. I was just looking at your postings for the first time today and I must say ....Man u nuts got it goin on , Great building skills and having lots of fun doing what looks like all of u love to do. Food, fun, cool builds,..... wish I were still young and had a job in your shop. Thanks ever so much for sharing your fun ....

14. Cruiser

Cruiser

Hey Guys - Loving the work on Dave's Fleetline should come out as a real kickass cruiser. How's Fred doing? :D

15. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

16. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

The Chevy back end is looking good. I gotta ask though.. Why meet on Wednesdays? I recall you guys meet on Sundays sometimes but mainly Wednesday. Is there some purpose behind meeting on Wednesdays as opposed to Fridays or so?

Just curious as to the intention behind that. Kind of strange if you ask me.:D

iPhone - TJJ app

17. Wednesday night was the only night all of us are free. Charlie and I are both members of the Edmonton Street Rod Association, and they meet on Tuesdays. Dave's boxing club meets on Tuesday as well. Both Johnny and Fat Dave are musicians, so they are usually practicing during the week, and playing on weekends.
    My Dad and I usually go to the friday night street drags, and if not most friday and saturday nights Charlie and I are racking up miles on the odometer cruising Jasper Ave and Whyte Ave. So Wednesday nights just work best.

We still meet on Sundays, but usually not the entire club. Most often it's just Charlie Johnny, Liam (Johnny's son) and I. In the winter we go for breakfast, and then to the shop. In the summers, we meet at Johnny's and bbq in the back yard.

Were all pretty stoked on the progress on Johnny's T, so last Sunday we worked some more on it. Engine and trans mounts are done. And it officially became a roller. It rolled 5 feet!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sundays are pretty laid back. There is no rotation. Sometimes we work on one car, sometimes we work on our own cars, sometimes we just sit around smoking and drinking slurpees procrastinating about working on cars.

Here is typical Sunday during the summer months....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Makes sense. Keep up the progress!

iPhone - TJJ app

19. Love how Johnny's frame is turning out!

20. Cruiser

Cruiser

Your thread is one of the best on the HAMB very entertaining and the work is cool. WOW - The BBQ looks killer now this is some good eating and kicking back with a beer. :D

[​IMG]

21. kiwicowboy

kiwicowboy
    from linwood nc

thats whot it's al about grate freinds working together and having fun doing it,grate to see true hotroders at work keep it up .if you are down this way look us up.

22. So since you guys asked about Sundays, I figured I'd start posting our Sunday get togethers also.
    Today Dave, Johnny, Liam and I met for breakfast. Late breakfast, 1pm haha. Dave and Liam came back to the shop to work on the fleetline, and Johnny and I went over to my Dads house to make some new brake lines for his 66 T-Bird.
    Unfortunately I did not have my camera, but here is an older pic of his 66 from last summer.
    [​IMG]

We were done the brakes by 3:30 so we came back to the shop and worked on his roadster body.
    Johnny has an original Cal Automotive glass T body, however at some point in it's life, someone cut the cowl off. I have an old abandoned hot rod project stored in my Dads back yard, so while we were doing his brakes, we grabbed the body from it to use the cowl on Johnny's car.
    [​IMG]

It's hard to read, but this is the glassed in "Cal Automotive" business card in Johnny's body.
    [​IMG]

Dave working away on the fleetline...
    [​IMG]

And by early evening we had most of the trimming done. Little bit more work and the cowl and body will be one piece.
    [​IMG]

23. I can't wait for summer to come back again. Sunday BBQ's are one the best parts of summer, something we talk about quite often during the winter months.

24. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

I recognized the cow on the plate and the lettuce with perhaps ceasar dressing, but what are the yellow things? Is that some kind of egg and green onion side?

Okay, back to our automotive content. I am really impressed with the motivation you guys have. Work hard all day, deal with afterwork commitments during the week and still have the "juice" to work on cars twice a week. Oh wait, I forgot, that's what youth and enthusiasm is.
    I think John's rod will have a cool unique look with that cowl on it.
    Dave, what colors are you thinking about for your custom?

25. I love your Dad's 'Bird is it lifted, bagged, or statically lowered?

26. hotflint

hotflint

If you catch a pic or look back a few months I had experimented on the fuel tank with an ivory base and a yellow fading to lime green gene Winfield type paint job, I had painted the hood 2007 trailblazer green and threw in a ton of gold pearl, I really like the Oz Welch/D'Agastino merc "bad apple" painted a candy green (drool) but I haven't really made up my mind........

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  27. Stuffed potatoes! Johnny and I made them from scratch. Oh man, their so good, I want one right now

The bird has 2" blocks in the back, thats it. Front is stock height

28. dgg-dt1948

dgg-dt1948

I always dig your posts. Funny and motivating. Gotta get my ass back on my 37 and quit playing with my 66 daily driver. Wish you guys were in Colorado so I could learn not to screw up so much!

29. Those back yard bbq pics make me wanna cry...

30. Hey guys, the roadster looks much better with an actual cowl! Glad to know it's going to get built instead of sitting in my garage collecting dust!

Steve