Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for info: 27 modified bodies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wizzard23, Jan 28, 2012.

1. wizzard23

wizzard23

Who is still making 'glass 27 modified bodies other than Zipper.
    Don't care for those so much.

2. Ted H

Ted H

Try Old Dog Street Rods. They are in St Louis, Mo. They a 23-25 bucket and a 26-27 bucket. I believe the 27 bucket is slightly longer than stock to provide a little extra leg room.

Good luck, Ted

3. wizzard23

wizzard23

Thanks Ted. I have an older Old Dog catalog that lists a 27 Lakester that looks pretty good, but when I tried looking it up on-line today, I get an "item not found" reply.

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

There is a gent by the name of Gary Trenner that makes a narrowed version of the '26 '27 touring front half like the old Bo Jones car. He winters here in AZ down in Tucson, and lives in Oregon the rst of the time.I've seen the bodies and they are very nice basic stuff. His number is 503 369 3218. Tell him Chip the louver guy sent you!

5. wizzard23

wizzard23

Thanks Chip. Always loved that Bo Jones car, Have a poster of it framed on the garage wall as a matter of fact. The 2 modifieds in the latest R&C have about pushed me over the edge.

6. wizzard23

wizzard23

Thanks A- Boner For the pm. Those Zipper bodies look pretty cool till you get to the doors. Suicide doors don't even look good on a lot of cars that were made with them, let alone cars that they were never intended on. Thats what turned me off right away. I'll contact Jim and see what he has to offer. Thanks again.

7. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

8. Ted H

Ted H

Wizzard,
    If you go to Old Dogs web site you can download their catalog in PDX format. The 27 lakester body is shown.
    Ted

9. Ted H

Ted H

Wizzard,
    If you go to Old Dogs web site you can download their catalog in PDX format. The 27 lakester body is shown.
    Ted

10. Lion's Hot Rods in McHenry Il. sells a very nice one. I have one with steel frame and opening doors. The metal is epoxied to the glass so so as not to "telegraph" to the outer surface. PM me if you want to know more.

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Heck, I was pushed over the edge years ago! This is my third one, and each has been scooped up by louver customers before I could finish it... This on may be no different.

Attached Files:

12. wizzard23

wizzard23

Thanks everyone, I have e-mailed Lions Hot Rods for more info. Love that Bo Jones car. but my Standard Poodle says "more room please".

13. Wizzard : This is an early Main Street Rod Co. body, the same as Old Dog.. I think OD may have reworked the molds tho... Send me a PM and I'll give you the lowdown..
    Zippers bodies came from the same molds as Main Street ,but he made the doors suicide type...

Attached Files:

14. gotmark73

gotmark73

Look at Ron Pope Motorsports out of TN. Cool guy and very helpful. I have one of his stretched 23 T bodies. Looks like a 23 bucket with a Model A cowl attached. It adds 10 inches to the body for a little more foot room. I am building it as modified.

15. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That Ron Pope body does not look like a 23 with a model A cowl. Far from it.

It looks like what it is, a stretched out plastic fad T body.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  16. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Very nice little modified you built there.

17. Turbo26T...nice ride!

Any more build pictures?

Curious as to how you did the front end.

18. Attached Files:

19. gotmark73

gotmark73

Turbo26T very cool car. I am in the process of a 2.3 powered T. Not turbocharged just carbureted. I really appreciate the link to the build photos.

20. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

For and Milwaukee will build mine.....