Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Morgans 51 chev sedan build up (Australia)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Morgan91, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Loving your work mate.

2. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

cheers mate, got a bit more done last night, just more work on the notch will post some pics when something half interesting happens

3. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Got the top of the notch finished tonight, just forgot to take a photo.

Started shaving the old fuel flap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still got a bit more to do on it but this is what I finished with tonight

[​IMG]

4. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Put in a few more hours on the fuel filler today, just need to heat shrink some bits but I'm out of gas.

[​IMG]

5. where are you relocating the filler neck to Morgs?

6. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

At this stage i will just have it inside the boot, but might end up having it behind the number plate.

7. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Found a bit more rust last night.

[​IMG]

Also got the diff tacked in there at ride height so now I can start setting up the 4 bar.

[​IMG]

Got my firewall tag yesterday Aswell so I riveted that on.

[​IMG]

8. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Little but more progress on the 4 bar.

Bottom 2 bars and brackets made and tacked in position tonight. Hopefully figure the top bars out tomorrow night and then have the 4 bar finished by next week.

9. badgeree

badgeree

Just found this thread, your Chev's lookin' great. Don't be tempted to drive it until you're legal. It'd be a bummer doin' your licence and havin' to look at the car in your Garage for another 6 months longer. Keep the pics and thread going, I'm enjoying watching your work.

10. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Cheers dude, having trouble putting pictures up off my phone il try it on the computer some time over the weekend.

And yeah there's a good chance I won't finish it before I get my full license anyway but I defiantly won't risk it

11. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Been pretty busy with the chev, finished setting up the 4 link and so I cut out the bottom of the notch, got some plate thismorning so il plate the bottom of the notch tonight then start setting up the bag mounts and all that jazz before the end of the week hopefully, currently moving house so hopefully progress doesn't slow to much.

Attached Files:

12. thats fucking sick morgs, although i see all ur jazz on facebook and u tell me about it, this looks cool, doin a killer job, got me keen now after this weekend to get stuck into the notch on the spinner, as its goin to a mates wedding sat thinking its time to get that ass down cause im a bit jelous of how urs is sitting now, what did u use for u four bar set up and are u gunna be able to still fit a back seat in?
    keen for newstead swap son, were gunna drink a million best colds

13. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Dad had a set of 4 bar rods already tapped so I just bought some rod ends and made up some brackets and boom! Would of been easier to buy a kit, now I know that haha. Ah nah no back seat, I never really liked backseats anyways

14. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Sorting out the Bottom notch plates, pretty happy with how it's coming along

Attached Files:

15. tuscanant

tuscanant

Hi mate ...I'm In Cairns do you know of other 49-54 model chevs for sale here in oz?

16. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Yeah man, I don't know of any in-particular but there is heaps around, mostly 4 doors but it's not as hard to import from the states as you'd think

17. Nickygee.

Nickygee.

I had a mate tell me about this thread the other day, just stumbled across the thread some seriously good work there,

keep the photos coming

18. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

thanks chief, always good to get positive feedback.

19. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

oh also, anyone in or near orange county LA, I'm looking for some 49-51 chev coupe doors for my 2 door conversion, and iv just met some one that is able to ship them to australia for me from orange county LA,

any help will be appreciated

20. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

so iv been in melbourne all week for trade school and have been helping out a mate with his spinner on the weekend but I'm home now so tomorrow I'm going to get stuck back into it, hopefully get the bottom notch plates all welded up and start sussing out bag mounts and what not. my plan is to have it off the hoist by sunday, but il see how i go.

21. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Just put in a few hours after work today on the bottom plates of the notch, pretty happy with the progress I made because I thought they'd be a lot harder then they were. Gotta go pick up a fridge now so il finish them off tomorrow night if I don't get called out to much.

Attached Files:

22. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Bit of progress the last few days

Attached Files:

23. ausbuick

ausbuick

way cool morgs

24. RI5KY

RI5KY

Looking awsome man! good to see another Kustom getting built here.
    Will be killer when its finished!

25. aussie56

aussie56
    from Australia

Mate you are doing an awesome job with your ride.

That is a huge notch you are putting in, my 52 was notched with airbags when i bought it but since we have really good laws up here is QLD i had to take them out and replace them with a 4 link.

I bought a complete bolt up kit from the states as I have friends that shipped it to me on the cheap. This kit came complete with adjustable coilovers.
    My front end alreay had Mustang2 setup so I ended up changing the air bags and planned on putting coilovers in the front as well but it made the ride height just way too high, so I got some mustang shocks and them bolted straight up.

Keep up the good work, I'll be a keen watcher.

I know where you are coming from my VicRoads laws, when i first got my licence i had an XA coupe with a 460 big block, got pulled over a couple of times, even had an accident in it, my fault, but never did they pull the V8 card on me.....lucky i guess.

Mine is for sale.
    2 door 52 Chevy
    Full QLD rego too. :)

Adam

26. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Cheers fellas,

Just some progress on my control arms

Attached Files:

27. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Bought these off eBay today

Attached Files:

28. Awesome morgs u son of a bitch. Looks like ur gunna be cuttin out those drenched headlights and get serious on those front fenders son. I'm excited. Next year will be our year every hotrod custom show me u and the chicken olds out in force making noise riding low makin girls loose there step while walking down te street and what not. Keen for the swap meet in Maine town u better make it down, oh ps there's a pic of u helping out with my notch goin in the new street machine mag called the kustom anual yeah that's right not the hotrod anual the kustom annual. Sick
    Des.
    Eldorado

29. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Oh shit! Haha I'm gonna be famous! Yeah hopefully come February next year this beast will be slinking around nearly every show with in a 6 hour radius of bright haha.

30. Muzz

Muzz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Any updates?