Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Pete and Jakes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by walter, Jan 27, 2012.

1. walter

walter

Was close to Peculiar Mo. so I took time to stop and see Pete and Jakes show room.Nice display as well as it was fun to see the original cars again. Great bunch of Guys, high quality parts, great workmanship on there chassis.

2. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Was 1979 and as I was driving my roadster through my neighborhood in little old Thornton Co stopping at a red light, what a shock right there turning in front of me was the famous Pete and Jake pickup and the California kid coupe.Wow that was so cool.They were heading to the Adams county fairgrounds NHRA street division Rocky Mt regionals event.That was in the days before top dogs like them tailored there cars. They drove. Little John Buterra also drove his maroon coupe that changed the way street rods were built for years.He started the billet fad and it got a lot of those resto rod guys to follow his style. OH YEA those were the days!

3. Good deal. I just ordered some parts from them last week.

4. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

I asked Boyd Coddington, while he was out at Bonneville, "With all the different dropped axles out there, how do I know which one to go with?" He quickly said, "Just go with a Pete & Jakes".

5. Was jerry there? Old guy that owns the place, tallish with hearing aids?

Jerry is good folks, he'll treat ys well even if you don't buy something.

6. 201

What Pork&Beaner said!! Didn't like the fit of a Flaming River pitman arm, called P&J, talked to Jerry for a good amount of time. Went out of his way to explain how theirs are made and fit. Ordered one of theirs and was very happy.

7. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

I would stop in there quite often as my daughter lived in Minnesota and I'm in Oklahoma. The bunch there were always very helpful trying to sort out my problems and had everything I needed in stock. After my last trip I had to dig out the old "California Kid" movie and watch it for the umpteenth time.

8. As car related movies go that is one of the better ones. Ya know "The Kid" wasn't called the kid until the movie.

Jerry has bought me lunch more than once, actually had me park an old beater I was driving in there reserved parking area at a show once as well. I know lots of folks that have purchased parts from them but I have never bought thing from them.

Jerry makes money from hot rod parts and well he should it is his business, but he is a hot rodder first and formost and he likes rodders.

9. walter

walter

Jerry was there. He almost stepped on me I was under the counter looking at springs. It was a great place to stop because the let you roam and look at the products they represent. I espesialy liked there colection of club plaques. Their axles looked great. The plateing on them was show quality plus. John and the reast of the Guys working there were freindly and helpful. I was about out of there drive and stopped and looked at there cataloge and went back inside and bought some tail lights for the roadster. GOOD PEOPLE!

10. twenty gallons

twenty gallons

The original Pete and Jakes were a great couple of guys, I had a dealership for their parts back in 1988, in Coos Bay, Oregon,...really couldn't afford to pay what they needed at the time to become a dealer so they gave me a great deal on the entire suspension set up on a 32 ford and a 36 ford which I offered to the customers and they bought everything ...thru my shop and that got me the dealership. GREAT GUYS.

11. Great bunch of guys. Bought lots of parts for my roadster when I was putting it back together. Good prices and quality stuff.