Register now to get rid of these ads!

(Round 2) Just another Model A build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vintage Vandal, Dec 18, 2011.

1. toddc

toddc

Well obviously you've never tried to fuck a kangaroo then. Those things kick! he's probably still recovering.

2. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Care to elaborate?

He's correct, hot rodding did start in the US by moonshiners hopping up their vehicles top outrun the law. You would think someone coming from a giant penal colony would get that (I am wise to Australia's history as being a prison island originally)

3. Tony Travers

Tony Travers

Perhaps I should have trimmed the quote down a bit more. The bit I took most exception to was; Perhaps this is why the cars you build down there mimic purely American cars.

Syndey Aust 1932
    [​IMG]

As far as Moonshiners go they were criminals trying to keep ahead of the law not guys who were building cars as a hobby. As long as there has been cars guys have wanted get them to go faster by striping them of there excess weight and hotting them up.

This is one of my mates Father in 1939 just before he went off to shoot at Hitlers bad guys. You'll note striped down, no fenders, after market Dunlop wheels, home made light weight body work etc. Is this not a Hot Rod ? 'Coz it sure isn't build down there mimic purely American cars.

[​IMG]

Also from Wikipedia; The British used North America as a penal colony through a system of indentured servitude. Convicts would be transported by merchants and auctioned off to plantation owners upon arrival in the colonies. It is estimated that some 50,000 British convicts were sent to colonial America, representing perhaps one-quarter of all British emigrants during the 18th century.

As I kind remember it didn't that all finish with the War of Independence?

Any how I'm not here to argue just open up your eyes and minds.

Cheers
    Tony

4. Why the HELL ya want to fuck a live Kangaroo

Attached Files:

• roo.jpg
      roo.jpg
      File size:
      159.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  5. . . . In joyful strains then let us whinge . . .

Let's get back to building hot rods.

CM

6. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

I stripped the car down to the bare frame and fully welded all my tack welds, smoothed them out with a flapper disc and painted it. Its nice to see things starting to get finalized![​IMG]

7. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

I also had the front spring rearched so it could support the big block weight, and ground off all the ugly mechanical brake/ shock crap off the spring perches.[​IMG][​IMG]

8. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

[​IMG]Well thats where im at right now. my club is taking the cars to the Sacramento Autorama in 16 days. I REALLY want to drive this car there to display a club project. Its going to be a long shot but i'm going for it. My damn day job really interferes with my hot rodding!

9. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

Looks awesome Bro.... Keep it up.

10. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

Thanks crazy white guy!

11. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

I filled in the original steering column hole and braced the lower firewall with upper and lower square tubing, as it takes the force from my brake pedal. I also filled in a piece in my dash that someone had cut out along the way.[​IMG][​IMG]

12. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

13. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

I finished up the metal work on the firewall and got the body lifted back up on the frame. Here are the 1950 Pontiac tail lights. They might be over used but they sure look good![​IMG]

14. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

Its looking more like an actual car every day, 16 days til the Sacramento Autorama[​IMG]

15. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Except the Prohibition Era, which sparked a business peak in Moonshining, was from 1919-1933 in the U.S., so you could say that's about when moon shiners started finding ways of hot rodding their shine running cars. By the way, Ford Motor Company invented the Flathead V8, which I'm pretty sure was the first V8 motor available to the consumer, and originated in the US no doubt. Want to bet how many 'shiners swapped those in to their runners right off the bat?

16. toddc

toddc

Enough thread jacking already.....

But, Chevrolet had an OHV V8 production engine in 1917....

17. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

Ok. Only six days til the autorama and ALOT to do.Ive been busy trying to get this car on the road everyday after work. Brake lines, tranny lines are all done. And Ive a spent a crazy amount of time putting a E-Z Wire harness in. I HATE wiring but it is all done now after much head scratching fuse poppin'! Here is an in progress shot of a 12 circuit wiring harness. Im sure glad I didnt buy the 21 circuit![​IMG]

18. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

Alright Guys,I haven't forgot about you HAMBers out there. But I have been hard at work trying to get this car mobile.And Mission accomplished! It's at the Sacramento Autorama at this moment. It is FAR from done but I drove it there without being on the side of the road which was good enough for me. Pics soon to come

19. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

I finally transferred the cardboard templates to sheet metal and started cutting. It took a while to get it to fit the contour of the transmission hump.[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  20. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

21. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

22. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

Here is the exhaust:2.25 pipe with 31" thrush glass packs welded as far rear as I could possibly put em
    [​IMG][/url][/IMG]

23. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

Ok, it was time to take my first test drive in the sedan. 2 days before the Sacramento Autorama. I was extremely excited to go piss off my neighbors with that big block. I went to check the fluids one more time before my long awaited departure and.... My motor was filled with the chocolate milkshake of Water and oil.:eek: I dont think I have ever been so disappointed:mad:I ended up putting on A new intake, different heads, and new gaskets. No more water for now. Here is a pic of the car on a 3:00am gas stop on its first drive in many decades. This car is SO fun to drive and is scary fast.[​IMG]

24. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

Here is a pic that my wife took on the way to the Autorama. No roof sure makes for a cold drive!
    [​IMG]

25. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

that thing is SO bitchin! glad to see you kept it tall!

26. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

And here it sits right now in the show, If Any of you CA HAMBers are going to the Sacramento Autorama this weekend, look for the ugliest, rustiest car there and you'll find mine!:D[​IMG][​IMG]

27. Wow, awesome stuff. I love that you kept the A grill.

28. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

Damn. You're fast. I kinda feel like a drag ass now. Looks good.

29. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

Thanks master gun! Ive spent every spare moment I had on this car these last couple months. I also managed to keep a job and a wife somehow:D

30. Vintage Vandal

Vintage Vandal

I finally bit the bullet and bought some new tires to replace the old Mobils. Firestone 600-16's up front, and 700'16s in back. They cost alot, but sure look right.[​IMG]