Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some flake and stripe tryouts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tonupkid, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonupkid

tonupkid
    from belgium

got myselve a spraygun and some pinstripe brushes and did some tryouts on some stuff laying around

2. tonupkid

tonupkid
    from belgium

3. tonupkid

tonupkid
    from belgium

last tryout i did,pretty happy with the result,not a painter and never held a spraygun before :D all about tryout and patience i guess

Attached Files:

4. Foppa

Foppa

Great Work. How do you do when your painting that Lace pattern?

5. Foppa

Foppa

I mean this one ..

Edit: did not get the pictures on here. Stupid JJ app

6. tonupkid

tonupkid
    from belgium

thanx :D just put the lace on with some tape,sprayed it in really thin layer of regular lacquer in black and then sprayed some colour blender with flake on top of it ,finished with couple of clear coat layers

7. Looks great. Do a roof tech so.I can learn :)

8. derbydad276

derbydad276

arent ya askin for trouble with all the nazi stuff?

9. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

10. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Nice work Hitler.

11. SLCK64

SLCK64

Yeah whats up with the SS stuff? Geeze...

12. Berky

Berky

WOW:eek:

13. skoh73

skoh73

Did you get a chance to shoot some flake on Goebbels car yet ya stupid nazi bastard?

14. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

wow not only have you painted the SS on alot of your work. BUT you also sign your name with swastikas?!?!?!?!?! wow

p.s Roosevelt is gonna rise from the grave to kick you in the balls

oh! and what are your thoughts on the movie Inglorious Bastards?

surf nazis must die

15. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

are all the items youve shot jewish?

16. The_Monster

The_Monster

Yea man, the negative vibe doesnt flow well with the car crowd. Same thing goes with guys who paint "Fuck Off" on their hot rod. Pretty immature. Maybe post your stuff on a biker page.

On a positive note, youre stipin is good, I doubt this was your first time "tryin them out". Wet sand that flake and shoot a few coats of high solid clear to get rid of the bumpy texture.

Heres one I did with heavy lime flake, engine turning, lettering and stripes with 8 coats of high solid clear and lots of wet sanding in between. Good luck

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  17. that's what i was thinking,:rolleyes: all nazi crap aside they're some nice clean stripes tho

18. tonupkid

tonupkid
    from belgium

hahaha :D swastikas i use because i am use to tattooing in a traditional japanese way(tebori) and japanese use the swastika all the time in paterns, a hindu signs,so for the ones who dont know ,learn your history,and ss is our logo for our SpeedSeekers carclub,its a pure sarcastic thing,loads of good painters use it,look at guys like blue moon kustoms and others,and what about all u MILLIONS of people who use the "IRON CROSS"?????????????????and RISING SUN????but that is "OK" becausse guess what, jesse james uses it! hahaha, learn your history guys and have some space for soe sarcasm in your life!!u know,history is always written by the one who "wins" and that is the easiest for the "simple" human to understand!at the end it isnt about whats on here but about the art and painting,but sometimes the simple mind goes in first and the mouth opens without thinking first,too bad ,but good some people understand and look over it and have an eye for the art side
    cheers from "flanders fields" pete

19. tonupkid

tonupkid
    from belgium

hey,i give it a try :) will post u some pictures of that then,isnt that hard as i tought to,u just have to know,got someone who did bodywork at a mercedes garage to help me with some theory on the tech side of painting ,then just got the material and tried,worked out good from the first time,i guess if u do it for six months,u can do all the crasiest stuff,once u know how its not hard to do those beginner things,cheers

20. tragic59

tragic59

Nice paint and striping. Especially if you're a beginner.

Please forgive us ignorant Americans for not seeing the humor in the holocaust.

21. tonupkid

tonupkid
    from belgium

and PS/ on the previous thing, i DONT have any sympathy for nazis or german military actions during wwII AT ALL, i just like the history of it and the art of military signs and propaganda,nomather what country it is from,i just try to have an open mind and i dont care who won or lost or was bad or good,wars dont interst me at all,i think its stupid in the first place but i like everything around it ,that goes to signs,propaganda,buildings,tools.......nomather where it comes from
    but this is not a right place to talk about those idiot wars or such as ,so this is the last of it
    sorry for those who felt offended,wasnt the reason of those things painted or i didnt meant to offend u in that way,just art ,nothing more
    over/out
    have a nice day,pete
    PS/pictures below on history of "swastika" on "military" way not religious way, it was used by US ARMY before WWII ,does that history make them nazis??DONT THINK SO!!! other picture is swastikas on MOONEYES CUSTOMSHOW in japan,does that make them nazis???dont think so!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  22. tonupkid

tonupkid
    from belgium

no worries "tragic 59", :Dno hard feelings!thank u for the nice comment!

23. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

You are dumber than a box O rocks aren't you look up sarcasm in a english dictionary...and the SS death squad letters are the initials of Himmler's killers.

24. tonupkid

tonupkid
    from belgium

the day u can point europe on the map ,we will talk man! its about painting,doesnt matter whats on it!if yes ,people dont have to drive bmw's audi's and mercedes, and dont use fuji films or kodak, and thousant of other things that are raised with dirty money of the germans during WWII

25. tonupkid

tonupkid
    from belgium

thanx man!i keep that info!looks great!yes,things u see are the things i did,nothing more! but im use to tattooing ,so the steady lines go easy for me,its just the technical part of painting that i have to learn more,good art man,keep it up!cheers pete

26. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Somewhere east of the English channel is my best guess:rolleyes:

27. tonupkid

tonupkid
    from belgium

if u dont forget the uk ,ireland and some candidates in the north,yes u're right!

28. tonupkid

tonupkid
    from belgium

does anybody know how to delete this treat ?because this makes no sence ,thanx pete

29. The_Monster

The_Monster

thanks dude!

I just read your replies to the questions youve been asked here regarding your use of nazi symbolism.

As you may know, being a history lover, the swastika was also used by native indians and thoughout the western world, and dates far back in history, usually standing for a symbol of encouragement or healing. However, ever since the rise of Adolf Hiltler and the German Nazi party in the '30's, the symbol has been associated with fascism and white supremacism and hatred. As a mater of fact, it is illegal and punishable to show the swastika in public in Germany today. Even plastic model kits do not include decals or boxes with swastikas. I would rethink using these symbols in todays world, post WWII, unless you dont mind trying to explain yourself each and every time people question your choice.

30. tonupkid

tonupkid
    from belgium

yes i understand and i know the history of the swastika!and infact its NOT illegal in germany! it is only illegal if used in a "millitary" way ,i know a couple of tattoo shops with big swastikas on there front window because they are specialized in oriental and japanese tattoos and its not a problem at all,indian embassy here has a big golden swastika above the door, our local mcdonalds uses swastika paterns in there floor tiles,like in many other places,its just stupid how the "simple" reactions are printed in to the crowds brain,but i understand!and everybody is free to think ,so i respect that, so is there any way to delete this page?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.