Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Turlock SwapMeet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SlickRick83, Jan 16, 2012.

1. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

I'll be driving up again this year from So Cal, looking for treasures and doing some more hoarding.:D

2. old wood 51

old wood 51
    from NAPA CA.

Rain or shine I'm going....hell maybe I'll get lucky and find somebody with the pieces I'm needing for the wagon....or I'll just walk around for 6 hours again :rolleyes:

3. We'll be there with the Nor Cal Cruisin' News .. in space L8

and the Sacramento Swap Meet Booth and Billet Proof booth in space SP 02

4. milo1957

milo1957
    from modesto ca

yep ill be around!

5. milo1957

milo1957
    from modesto ca

ill be there...dont have a space but am willing to bring 57 ford stuff if anyone needs something!!

6. strike a poser

strike a poser
    from Salinas,CA

I'm planning on bringing pictures of dead presidents to swap for crap I don't need!

7. for the Newbies .. .

a few tips ..

• all spaces are sold out.. as usual..(lots of ads on craigs list looking for spaces if you are NOT going to use yours )

• car corral spaces are available .. (best to put your car in on Friday night)

• admission is $8 this year .. (public gates open at 7am on Saturday)

• Hambers are welcome to swing by our booth ... to post pictures of cars for sale on our (cardboard) Wall of Cars For Sale in the Nor Cal Cruisin' News Booth

• if you are looking for parts or cars .. . get a cardboard sign and hang it around your neck .. go ahead and laugh .. its free and it works

• Please don't bring your pets... (they can create problems for the club) leave them at home

I have been attending this swap meet since 1969 ... and it is always great fun ..(these days it's kinda like a roll call to see how many of us old dogs are still standing)

The Modesto Area A's volunteers do a great job producing this swap meet .. be sure to thank them when you see an orange vest .. they get more than their fair share of "bitching" .. so a "pat on the back" is a welcome bright spot in a day full of reminding the vendors to wear their wrist bands and asking them not to block the aisles .. fire rules .. etc etc ..
    --------
    IF YOU WANT VENDOR SPACES FOR NEXT YEAR 2013 .. go to the Modesto Area A's club booth/ Swap Meet Office located near the car corral and put your name on the list when you first get on the grounds ... they will call you around Nov 2012 when they have open spaces ...( and spaces are opening up as we age out)

here's the swap meet web site www.turlockswapmeet.com
    ---------------

Stop by and say hi ..
    Our Cruisin' News booth is at L- 8 on the blacktop .. (just thru the turnstiles as you leave the grass area)

we can also "baby sit" your parts
    if they get heavy ... just don't forget to pick them up before you go home..

You can also sign up for our April 22nd, Sacto Swap Meet(Arco Arena) in our Cruisin' News booth

8. handmedown40limited

handmedown40limited
    from tracy ca

I was hoping to be there but it is the same weekend my wife has a 1/2 marathon in disneyland so we r taking the kids to the parks for 2 days. Wish I could go.I haven't been to the turlock swap yet

9. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

10. toddjw73

toddjw73
    from Tracy, CA

I'm hoping to go! I was planning on heading down on Sunday, but now that I know it's Sat & Sun, I just may try to swing down Sat. I've never been and just really wanted to walk around and enjoy the day. I am looking for a set of seats for my truck though.

11. horsepower62

horsepower62
    from tyulare ca

be there--selling gas pumps /sign and all the cool stuff for the man cave

12. hupster

hupster
    from california

I'll be there. I can bring a tailgate for a 50/51 Ford woodie wagon if someone is interested.

13. 55 Mercury

55 Mercury

I'll be there selling dropped axles and picking up axle cores. My space is Zone 2 Row O Space 20 Hope to see you all there.
    www.droppedaxles.com

14. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

It's gonna be nice weather.
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1327349134.774249.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

15. NealinCA

NealinCA

We'll be there....same space for the last 30 years...

16. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Just sold my Ducati last night, should have a couple play-bux left by then :rolleyes:
    Fitting up some nerf bars on my cart to help the legendary Turlock militant power-bullshitters to "mosey to the side" LOL

17. LostHope

LostHope

18. d-luxdave

d-luxdave
    from nevada

19. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

LOL I have an old AFB out in the shop, want me to bring it along?:D

20. Buying on Saturday .... I'll be the guy in the white tee-shirt with car shit printed on it!

21. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

I'll stop by and say Howdy! You guy's are full of services my hats off to you. Do you loan money too?... I'm real positive I'll be a little short this year.;)

22. 87Heaven

87Heaven

Me and my cus will be there bright and early saturday, breakfast at the Hot Rod Cafe, and then in line to the grass parking lot with hundreds of others.
    I can't wait.......

23. Vendor SET UP Alert ... I just re read my packet (DuH) .. on Friday Fulkerth will be blocked off by the Turlock Police and you will not be able to go strait down Fulketh to the North Gate:confused:

you have to go down Tully to Canal street to get access to the North gate off Fulkert .. .. re read that map in the packet :eek:

WHY you ask? :D I called the A's and they said it was because everyone was cutting in front of each other to get into the North gate .... so the Police took over ..

I know on Saturday Morning it's a back up too .. at 5am and people are cutting in the right lane as it's backed up for a mile or so as the vendors try to get to thier spaces ...I am not clear if they will do the same thing on Sat Morning too ... so this is just a heads up

and love those sandwich boards signs they really work..

and yes we do loan money ... to our friends who always come short of cash and find a the deal of the day .. we do charge interest:cool:

24. 55 Mercury

55 Mercury

Hey I've seen you at the last few swap meets I've gone to. You sure go to allot of them.

25. Yea... be sure to thank a club member.

They work their asses off.

I know, our family helped put on the swap meet for years (1973-1995)... doing a lot of work throughout the year with registration and then actually working the food booths.

BTW... the club members are in YELLOW vests and jackets with blue writing.

A lot of them are getting up in age... heck, they were old when I was a kid!

Sam

26. big M

big M

Haven't missed a meet since the early eighties. Always a good time!

If anyone needs me to bring parts down from the yard, please e-mail me so I have time to get the parts ready.

We're in spaces DD25-26 as usual.

---John

27. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Driving up from Socal early Sat. morning and coming back Saturday afternoon. Anyone need a ride?
    Leaving from Orange @ 1:30 am!!!

28. piche582

piche582
    from Sonora, Ca

I'll be there, space AA40 with who knows what to sell. Gotta dig it out & load up tomorrow.

29. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

buyers takes lots of cash, and not just 100 bills. sellers aren't banks for you to buy a $1 item to break big bills. sellers take lots of small bills to make change

30. .... and no football talk, this is the west coast after all!!