Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gasser ladder bars! What a joke!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whitey70ss, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Made in the USA :eek:

2. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Now that is funny !!!

3. vividlyvintage

vividlyvintage

4. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

His weld shop is in PA. and the welding shop sponsoring that car is from Canada.

5. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

'Ive' lost more by changing my mind" Man, that statement holds true for all of us. Are our cars EVER finished? If you own it long enough it just seems to evolve and eat cash!:D

6. whitey70ss

whitey70ss
    BANNED
    from Central PA

I couldnt find any place to send pics, but I did email paypal and offer to submit pictures. The more I think about this the more pissed I get. I'm trying to keep cool. He is now posting comments on the paypal resolution center that he just had a cancer surgery and cannot deal with this stress.

He would'nt have any stress if he would have just refunded my money for the sub-par craftmanship he is selling! What a HACK!

7. silent rick

silent rick

that's hamber skippy17's work. i don't expect him to stay around here much longer. someone also needs to link this thread over on that chevy site to get the word out about the (quality) of his welds.

8. whitey70ss

whitey70ss
    BANNED
    from Central PA

I just linked it to YB, there are a few 'gasser' guys over there. I would rather see no one get hurt from this guy's 'fab skills'.

9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

yeah he doesnt want you to return these in person, he's probably worried you'll shove em where the sun dont shine..

sounds to me like he's pissed off a few more people than just you if he's that defensive.

I wouldnt let these stall your build, but I sure wouldnt use them on anything.

I gave some beginner lessons to my 13 YO daughter on welding last winter and she did a better job within a week then I see here on some break samples we had taken to get tested..those welds look like if tested would fail very early.
    I just showed her these and shes on the floor laughing

she also said , even though they dont look good,and wont pass testing at least he could have cleaned the spatter off before sending them out

good luck on the claim , let us know how it goes...maybe go at making your own, if your building a 700HP gasser you should have this skill

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  10. Giovanni

Giovanni

I can't find them on ebay. Did he have a picture posted in his ad? I'm sure you wouldn't have bought them if you knew they looked like that!
    Downright scary. I weld better with my 240 volt buzzbox. With sticks that have been layin around for 2 years

11. whitey70ss

whitey70ss
    BANNED
    from Central PA

"good luck on the claim , let us know how it goes...maybe go at making your own, if your building a 700HP gasser you should have this skill"

Yes I can build my own bars but I'm in a time crunch, I'm only home 1-2 days a week were I can work on the car and figured if I had the stuff already built it would save me loads of time. Chalk this up to a lesson learned!<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Completely understand..It sure isnt right what he's trying to pass off. I hope you get this resolved, and I hope he stops trying to sell these to people who wouldnt know the dangers

13. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

14. woollybear

woollybear

I wonder if anybody actually installed and ran a set of those. He must be a gum chew cause those welds look like bubble gum.

15. blwn38

blwn38

If Hes still on FLE~BAY,How about a Link?
    I have a Few Questions for the HACK~Job?

!.He Missed the Cut,cause His ARMs arre Still Attched to be Able to do a CRIME Like THIS!!!!

UNF KINGBELEIVEBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Later!
    G :cool:

Its 1 thing to LOSE $$$ when you Change your Mind,but when you Purchase a Product,this is Uncalled FOR!

16. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

[​IMG] 4 sale hand made ladder bars / traction bars 30" - 60" long
    <hr style="color:#e5e5e5; background-color:#e5e5e5" size="1">
    4 - SALE -- HAND MADE ---VERY KOOL LADDER BARS/ TRACTION BARS 30" - 60" LONG for GASSER , HOTROD or RATROD. I HAVE MANY SETS FORSALE ON EBAY UNDER { GASSER LADDER BARS } { TRACTION BARS } CHECK THEM OUT.

Please email me for pictures -- [email protected] or [email protected]

THANKS FOR LOOKING GUYS.

17. Frige

Frige

:eek:
    Oh my those are really, really bad. I would be suprised if the ends dont fall out when you tilt them over. Makes me feel better about my welding. hope you get yer money back.

18. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

My email to Kermy, and his answer.

What a douche :rolleyes:

keep emailing and i will have you guys arrested for harassment.

----- Original Message -----
    To: [email protected]
    Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 8:59 PM
    Subject: Gasser Ladder Bars

I suggest you answer this and refund his money

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=663683

Absolutely pitiful welding

I hope the OP kept the sellers addy.

Maybe if this doesn't get resolved a bunch of us

could visit his shop, and put in a few orders. ;):rolleyes:

I'm game. :D

19. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

I checked out his listing. YIKES This is certainly worthy of attention.Take a look guys.I will send pictures to my son at college.He is taking motorsports tech/fab.Will tap on on his tool box with the caption "Dont be this guy" WOW

20. whitey70ss

whitey70ss
    BANNED
    from Central PA

I hope the OP kept the sellers addy.

Maybe if this doesn't get resolved a bunch of us

could visit his shop, and put in a few orders. ;):rolleyes:

I'm game. :D

I'm hoping I dont have to make the drive but, whatever it takes!<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

21. He is here on the H.A.M.B. selling them as skippy17. I believe his name refers to his weld penetration and age. :D

22. MarkL

MarkL
    from Tacoma WA

23. metalshapes

metalshapes

We normally dont allow Threads with Ebay disputes.

Because we are not the Ebay Police.

But this is a safety issue, and appearently both parties are Users on the HAMB

So this Thread will stay open, for now.

24. whitey70ss

whitey70ss
    BANNED
    from Central PA

I just found him selling these on Racing Ju*k also. He has his phone number listed there too. Ad #2326299

25. milner3268

milner3268
    from buffalo NY

This guy just posted them for sale today in the clasifieds.unreal[his product aswell]

26. photoman

photoman
    from Texas

Man that dude has a bunch of positive feedback for those bars he's sold on ebay. Now THAT is nuts! I can't imagine using anything like that on a car.

27. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hahahahahaha! That's funny, Randy.

28. whitey70ss

whitey70ss
    BANNED
    from Central PA

I didnt buy the ladder bars thru EBAY, I purchased them from him thru paypal. I seen his ad on here and ebay. He recomended me not going thru ebay because of all of his fee's.
    I felt comfortable with it because of his 100% feedback rating. Sorry if I'm bringing any negative attention to this site, just figured everyone should beware of his craftmanship or lack of.

29. metalshapes

metalshapes

If you bought them from a HAMB Classifieds Ad, you need to get in touch with the Class Mods.

On a personal note, I'm not sure I simpathise with you much.

I'd never buy a part like that, sight unseen

And I dont know how they could be photographed to make them look good...

30. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Ooops... ;

Was he stupid enough to tell you that in an email, & if so, do you still have it?

Ebay kinda frowns on bypassing their fee structure. I think I'd drop them a line, w/a copy of dudes' ebay presence, & his email to you - asking you to bypass ebays' fees.

At a minimum, he'll have his hands full explaining that one...

Not sure if Paypal "protection" covers you if not purchased through ebay, but you need to politely harp on the "it's not what was represented, esp in terms of quality".

Man, those things look rough. $3.68 would be overpriced...

Good luck.

Marcus...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.