Register now to get rid of these ads!

misused discriptions that irritate or annoy you

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustdodger, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How stupid a comment is that?

I am reaching the very audience I want to. Why would I post ANYWHERE ELSE?

When you want a pizza do you get on the phone and hope that the Chinese restaurant you called has pizza or will pass on the message to Dominoes?

2. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Actually, it is back. Not sure it ever left, but I do recall it was shut down by the moderators about 7 years back, too much drama if I recall.

3. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I always carry carry my "Fork of Infinite teaching" wherever I go. :D

Ran when parked is pretty funny, if you drove a car into the ocean 30 years ago, it was definitely running when you parked it... underwater... And I'm sure that will make a difference in the quality of the vehicle or it's parts.

I had half of the frame structure out of my German 59 Ford (it's a unibody) but that's still not a frame off/off frame situation in my mind.

How about all the ones that ask some crazy high price and claim they will get much for it for scrap? I haul enough scrap to know when that is total BS.

4. Zerk

Zerk

Hey, I remember that! And I think I even remember the source of the drama...

My take on the RRT was that the signal-to-noise was pretty high for a board that didn't even require registration.

5. Now, I don't want to start an internet fight, because, quite simply, I think they're a waste of time...

Yet, I'd like to point out one thing: You've been a member since 2001, and you have 35 posts to your name.

You may not like the threads that others start, but at least they are contributing to the board. If everyone contributed at your rate, this place would be a ghost town.

Maybe, instead of knocking the 'lame subjects' that us people post, you could step up and contribute something useful or worthwhile to the board yourself. If you're going to talk the talk, walk the walk as well...

6. Love me long time

7. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Reminds me again....every so often, I will look at old tractors. When I'll type something in to Craigslist, like Ford 8N Tractor, or Ford Tractor and the year. I will get a surprising amount of results that classify the tractor as a "Ford 8-End Tractor" That annoys me greatly.

8. BISHOP

BISHOP

Sorry... No pics.
    For sale, first 150,000.00

9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I don't care if it's been mentioned, I just have to say it. I hate when I read the word... wait for it..... CAMERO. I see that and I just want to wish doom and destruction on whomever wrote it.

10. I have said it before and I'll say it again, everytime I see Camaro spelled with a "E" my mind's eye sees a pimply faced white guy with a mullet wearing a wife beater tee-shirt .... damn.

11. Graffiti32

Graffiti32
    from Illinois

Lets see park it next to a body of salty water, bake it in the sun and heap a bunch of power robbing emission stuff on it??? I was always a little put off by California cars?? Not to mention originally from California or just the past six months.

Knew a guy who wanted a Vette and it had to be a Cali car. He bought one. After running a title search 8 states later he found out the car was originally sold and spent most of it's life a few miles from his house here in Illinois :eek:

12. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Dong, where is my automobile?:cool:

13. carlisle1926

carlisle1926

"It just needs sanded, or it just needs restored". I see those lines often. I believe the correct way of saying it would be --this car needs TO BE sanded and it needs TO BE restored. Or yet another way---" This car needs a restoration." ---It just needs sanded (needs is present tense) sanded is past tense. For some reason every time I hear some one say it just needs restored, my head wants to explode.

14. I hate "resto mod" and I really hate "tribute car" actually I really hate the dumbass that uses the term "tribute car". How can you convert a Gran Prix into a GTO, call it a "tribute car" and expect to get GTO prices? The same goes for Camaro's if you have a plain jane Camaro with SS emblems guess what......you still have a regular Camaro! How about just using the proper term "fake" and stop trying ti get top dollar for your fake piece of crap.......

Ok, I feel 110% better now....Oh I hate that too!

15. Immaculate - they never are
    Totally original - they never are
    All the hard work done - it never is
    All parts there to complete - (apart from the hard to find ones)
    Priced to sell - I'll be the judge of that!

16. 1941ihkb5

1941ihkb5

The guy who actually takes the time to open the garage door to include a picture of shit stacked to the celing. And all you see is a headlight!

17. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Well Who is the oldest and quite a few other threads that just keep popping up all day is kinda lame,,I think there should be a JUST TECH, section,,as there are to many LOOK,,WHat do you think,,and other just talking about,,posts,,and aloto of Tech stuff just gets past by

18. Your posts always crack me up,and your right in mt of them.you have a real dark sense ofhumor and its awesome.

Now I hate when people call 70s/80 cars classics,I had an older guy ask me:
    Hey do you like classics??
    -yeah what you got?
    Well this 89 oldsmobile bla bla bla bla
    -sorry i like trucks only (@#@#@#@#@#)

19. screwball

screwball

There is a ad up here running now selling a 1932 model A rat rod. I sent him an message telling him that 1932s were model Bs and the also do not have a gas tank built into the cowl on the 32. I got a real nasty email telling me to f---k off. Oh well. Some people are just happy to be ignorant.

20. threeston

threeston

Actually 1 hp ~= 750 watts. Watts are actually the correct unit for POWER.

I wonder about the term horsepower. It is a derived unit, as in the amount of weight 1 horse can lift how many feet in one second. <-- antiquated description, and who's horse was tested? did they average many horses? mules too? are we talking draft horses or shetland ponies? I don't mean to be an ASS about it, but maybe I'm just stubborn (like a mule).

Watts are 1 joule / second. and joule is a unit of energy. so how much energy can you use over a period of time = POWER.

A better description might be torque/ time, or ft.lbs./second.

As a student engineer and physicist I wonder about these things.

Maybe someone should figure out how much weight a rat can lift 1 foot in one second. then they can describe their rat rod as having XXX kilorats of power.

21. provide a link to that ad and im sure hell be set straight in no time.

22. while you are at it, can you get them to change it to LBS FT- because ft.lbs is incorrect.

23. Graffiti32

Graffiti32
    from Illinois

Oh that special 1932 Model A! Ya I love those. I saw a bunch of them when I was hunting my 32. And most of them couldn't count or didn't understand the difference between a three window and a five window...... GeeeeZ!!!

24. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

Horsepower is just another quantity of measure. At one time it may have mattered how well horsepower numbers compared to a horse. At this point I don't think anyone(except maybe you:D) really cares. Horsepower is a quantity that can be useful in comparing engines, but it doesn't tell the whole story. A 100 HP sportbike engine is very different from the 100 HP inline six in a '54 Plymouth. Horsepower per litre is an interesting way to compare how highly tuned engines are. BMEP is a better way of doing that, but again, that number alone is not an indication of how much work the engine can do.

25. robyyo

robyyo
    from Orange CA

Patina. I can dig a little bit of rust as much as the next guy but to call it "patina"? No. Patina belongs on the antiques road show, not on an automobile, on an automobile it's rust.

26. screwball

screwball

27. rottenronnie49

rottenronnie49
    from kalkaska

one that irks the hell out of me is, EXTREMELY LOW MILES, then the ad says 116,000 miles.when i was youg,we always thought anything over 80,00,was wore out.

28. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

29. seabeecmc

seabeecmc
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Repo shows up far to often.
    Unless in fact it is a repossession rather than a reproduction. Ron

30. screwball

screwball

YEAP I EMAILED the guy and told him the difference between the model A and a 1932 thats when he told me to f off and called me a crazy retard. Thats when I told him retardation was a birth defect and not to be made fun of but stupidity and arrogance is by choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.