Register now to get rid of these ads!

Detroit Autorama 2012- Who's Going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by safari-wagon, Dec 30, 2011.

1. choppd27'Munster

choppd27'Munster

were finshing up the '50 for the show! just finishing wiring it, painting it, and finishing the interior. still up in the air on color. not sure if we wanna go with a flat gold or maybe mopars new toxic orange my dads been taking about. i can't get off work for the ride down but ill be there saturday and sunday, hanging out with the rod n custom and lost custom repping western ny! lots of great customs and hot rods out here! heres a couple pics of the car as it sits now. hoping to see you all there!

Attached Files:

2. Hey Bob K ...Thanks for getting the block of rooms at the discounted price again this year. I renewed my Alliance membership with the savings as I did last year. Hope to see you at Happy Hour :D.
    Ron

Attached Files:

3. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

I'll be there for sure now!

4. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

There's an open area to the right of the Singlefinger display this year. The Autorama Mgmt is putting in a large display screen for folks to watch old hotrod bits. It would be a great spot for the HAMB M&G.

The Singlefinger Crew will gladly host the M&G again. Is 3pm good for everyone? I think that work with the tour bus schedule.

5. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks, S.W.! Thanks, Singlefinger! Sounds great. 3:00 is fine for us. Saturday, right? Having the large screen with hot rod clips will be cool!

6. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Hey Bernie and Son, get going boys,only 40 sleeps to go!!Just started doing some changes to the tub.Hopefully see you guys next sat.at Jay and Anita,s gig in Batavia.Gonna be GREAT

7. The Trophies are getting started !!!!!! Lots of hard work go into making each one unique and the Club takes pride in everyone that is handed out.

Get your Heap done and "right" there could be some heavy hardware riding home with ya !!!!

8. That reminds me - gotta get back to beltsanding those plaques:)

Sue and I will be spectating at the show and hanging out at "Bob K's Hotel" (an offshoot of his day job.)

Dennis

9. johnod

johnod

What is Bob K's hotel?
    Seen that mentioned a couple of times?
    This will be my first time to the show

10. BoB K has his own hotel in Detroit. Damn he is a real bad ass isn';t he. Hope he gives me the same rate as he did last year:D.

And Thanks again Dennis for all the hard work on those plaques. They have become quite the collectors item.

11. Torchie

Torchie

I am trying to get down there to attend this year.
    Last time I was there I stood around and shot the breeze with George Barris.
    We were both 34 years younger. Do you think he will still remeber me?
    Karl.

12. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

The windscreen is fabbed on the 27 and templates are being dropped off at the glass shop... so, depending on the turnaround I would imagine that we will see the final result by the beginning of next week... the only (wish list) items remaining for Detroit Autorama will be the seat belts and fire estinguisher... gotta keep it real for the "Save the Salt" campaign... as mentioned earlier, the "body" will be set up at Autorama for kids (young or old) that want to sit in the car and visualize driving a vintage rod... with donations for "Save the Salt" - kids will get a 4x6" photo while they wait... Singlefinger Speed Shop will be providing a donation Kettle and tally each day's collection... the Save the Salt Foundation will be providing informational flyiers...

[​IMG]

As you can see... the driving course at Autorama will only be as wild as your imagination...

13. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

Looking forward to another fun weekend in Deeetroit!!!!

14. Shizzelbamsnapper

Shizzelbamsnapper
    from Ohio

I'd love to take the wagon but its not done yet. I'll be there again this year to watch though.

15. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

YIKES!

You mean that the scourge of Ohio's backroads & his accomplice are coming again?

Cool! :cool:

16. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

I'll be there with the Lost Kustoms and Rod's n Customs helping to represent Western NY! Wont have a car there but cant wait to see all the killer hot rods and customs and hang out with everyone! see ya there!

17. toledo

toledo

im going i sent in the paper work and pics last week how long does it take to get your info back,ive only spectated before and never actually got to hang out for more than a day this time im stayin for the weekend and bringing this i didnt tell them i was with any club though its been along time since ive been on here ,,,bringin this

Attached Files:

18. We have a nine car caravan leaving from Buffalo at 6am on Thursday morning. Getting anxious! Rods & Customs of Buffalo / Lost Customs.

19. jeff355

jeff355

Hopefully we will see some of you there ! Hoping to get a "crew" together from great lakes gearhead to COBO for the show.

20. Scott_Rod

Scott_Rod

My Flight & hotel are booked! Thanks to BobK for the setup at the Holiday Inn Express downtown.

Dave (House of Fab), his galfriend, Me, and another "Scott" (scottb356) are dropping in on Thursday.

Had a blast last year! Met tons of great folks and got to tour the GM Heritage center.

Setting up the tour last year went pretty smooth, would anybody be interested in doing it again???

21. BAJ

BAJ
    from Ontario

I'll be there again this year as a spectator. Can't wait to see the real rods and customs in the basement. Good luck to all basement entries.

22. Every year I say I'll try to make it and every year something bites me in the ass, so this year I'm not saying I'll be there... I'm just gonna show up :confused: :D

23. olskool34

olskool34

I think I am going but if that flat black dually truck with the rats all over it is there again, I am going to puke! It has been there the last 3 years. I would love it if they could skim some of the R.R. part out of it. Alot of awesome cars in the basement but I hate the R.R.'s mixed in the bunch. Still a great show however.

24. If you are showing for the first time, you might be interested in checking out this little video that I made up from a bunch of stills that were taken at last year's show. There is no order to them but the captions might help.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6-L7IL-cCI

If you are hauling don't get in the stagging line too early as the workers will bring the trailers with an earlier time around you. As you get into Cobo through the back loading doors you will be asked to park it and unload your car. After your car goes through registration you can take it to your pre designated spot. You can the bring your hauler to that spot to unload you set up gear. They give you some time to do this then you will take your hauler to a secured out door parking spot for the duration of the show, if you need it. I didn't recognize Cobo from this view as we have always have been spectators and come into a full hall, from the front.
    Lots of nice people to help ! Mind you if you have a "Real Rod" and are showing downstairs (I was told I had no say which floor I was on) the drill would be different. I hope you have as great an experience as my son and I did showing for the first time. Hope to see you there !
    Ron :D

Attached Files:

25. My bud just called to let me know he didnt get in. He sent his form in about 3 weeks ago. Looks like another big year for the basement.

26. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

got my day off so im in there is a bus full from this area leaving at 4am to go.....never been there...cant wait to see it

27. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

It's gonna be another GREAT show!

I can't wait.

28. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

29. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Counting down the Days! Cant wait!