Register now to get rid of these ads!

where do y'all get ya airbag suspension supplies from?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Morgan91, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

theres a few places in aust but don't have quite what I'm chasing like notch kits etc

2. craigart

craigart

Gambino's for a notch or make your own, pretty simple really. Qualityairride.com for everything else air suspension related.

3. JGore99

JGore99

I use suicidedoors.com. It's for mini trucks mostly, but I have had good experiances with them.

4. morgan my brother was approached by a young dude at the kustom nats about his pontiac and he mentioned he did airbag setups somewhere out of bayswater for about $900 installed if i recall right but i spose if your gonna do it yourself itd be alot cheaper. let me know if you want his number and ill get it from my brother and pm it to you.

5. who i recomend is AIM industries out of mesa AZ there website is airbagit.com, they have got just about everything in stock, and you can call and talk to a real person, there prices are good and the stuff is unfortunatly stamped out in china, but they have been doing the air suspension game since the 80's

6. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

yeah cheers iv started making my own notch but think i might get a 4 link kit off gambino.

iv had some bad experiences with airbagit.com in the past, the service was fine but the parts wernt so good.

"THAT MONSTER KID"
    yeah thanks I'm doing it myself. found out slam specialties in the states has some good prices on good quality parts

7. wearymicrobe

wearymicrobe
    from San Diego

There Slamm'r XS6bags are pretty decent. They are knockoffs but they are built pretty well. I have a few as backups for my Cadillac.

Their in-house valves and fittings are not so great same with the switches, better off going with suicidedoors and straight to Parker.

If I were to do one from scratch I would really recommend finding a good manifold setups over individual valves, unless you absolutely need your valves on the tank and are running 3/8th or bigger and want to hop a bit.

8. craigart

craigart

Check out Quilityairride.com(new Suicidedoors website) for 4 link parts.

I bought these adjustable 4 link poly bushes from them which are really nice quality, Square ones(for lower arms) slip inside 50mm Heavy wall SHS and the smaller round(upper arms) ones slip inside 25mm ID tube. The other bushes are from a pajero rear trailing arms, rather than using solid nolathane or going for super pivots, these are ideal, give good articulation and they are rubber so will last.

[​IMG]

Also Slam Specialties from the same guys were $85US each which I thought was good.

Shipping to NZ was reasonably priced, helpful guys to deal with too.

9. screwshiney

screwshiney

Suicide doors and Michigan Metal works have always been able to help me out and have great prices and are all made here in the US.

10. norm ricardo

norm ricardo

I used Grunion out of AZ, good stuff and service

11. dante81_98

dante81_98
    1. A-D Truckers

If you want cheap knock off parts, got to AIM/Chassis Tech/airbagit.com or whatever they are calling themselves this month. Its never a good sign when the company changes names as much as that place has. Personally I live down the street from them and won't even step on their property with as many problems as my friends have had with their parts. I choose to learn from their experience and buy the parts that AIM knocks off. You get what you pay for.

There are lots of places you can order parts from.

www.qualityairride.com is a good one. I have used them back when they were still suicidedoors.com.

www.grunionfabrication.com is also another very good source for mail order parts. The owner is a fellow club member of mine and he sells top quality parts. Thats where I get all my stuff these days.

www.avsontheweb.com is another supplier I have used with very good results. They are good people and also sell quality parts.

Remember, you get what you pay for.

Later,
    Chad

12. flatout65

flatout65
    from mid tenn

truth!!!!!!

13. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Try VT Kustom's in Surprise AZ www.vtkustooms.com Got every thing needed for my packard and 38 chev 877-378-6800

14. yuw15h

yuw15h
    from Canberra

give graeme a call from Down Town Kustoms (DTK) in Forster NSW, have a chat to him and tell him what your after, if he cant make it for you then he will be able to get it in no worries.

check out his FB page if you get a chance and have a look at his work

Andy

15. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Cheers dude, already got my stuff ordered and on it's way from
    Glenn at air ride, gave him a call and he was really helpful.

16. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

Thorbeck Brothers aka Suicidedoors.com is pretty stand up, ive bought quite a bit of stuff from them over the years.

17. caddy62

caddy62
    from kentucky

18. ZRD

ZRD

Avs has some really nice products and reasonable prices. Quality air ride has been slacking on parts availability here lately.

19. jbc jobe

jbc jobe

check out the JIMENEZ BROS CUSTOMS.com and you tube for step notches and all other air ride supplys

20. I just love how there are all these traditional threads to help all of us that are running traditional suspensions,it sure does make things easier .

21. cain

cain
    from riverside

Yah I agree .jimenez bros customs.. and not cus I'm 1 of the bros.hahahaha

22. Lenco

Lenco

For frame/suspension fabrication (notches, 4-link arms, tabs, etc.), Allstar performance, Welder Series, Pro-Werks, Vibrant, S&W < You can literally fabricate a whole frame from scratch with just these suppliers, as well as the exhaust system and anything else you'll need.

For air suspension management, Accuair is arguably the best out there - Quality and function is top notch. It does cost a bit, but you get what you pay for.

For bags, ridetech makes some nice air-over-shocks, or firestone for just bags (F9000, etc).

23. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Do a search on them. It is quite revealing.

I work in a pro shop. We get our stuff from Gambino, KP components, Slam Specialties, and Accuair (we're a dealer).

24. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Also, I have to second that Quilityairride.com (new Suicidedoors website), and Welder Series both have top-notch stuff.

Be careful about what you buy. Not all fabricators understand the laws of physics, and are building things that won't work very well (or even safely). I am not going to say who. It is not my place, and I don't want the flack, again, again.

If you are unsure, ask. PM if you need to. Otherwise, stick to a proven design.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  25. Gsnickets

Gsnickets

frame stuff from welderseries... bag kit from arrow wood customs