Register now to get rid of these ads!

What would you do in this situation?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sqeaky Hinge, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Sqeaky Hinge

Sqeaky Hinge

I have a O/T wagon that I ride ( a '66 Belair wagon , needs nothing , drive it like you stole it) and a guy wants to trade a '34 A model pickup for it , it has a Pinto 4cyl , auto , runs and drives , '6 chop , etc , the wagon is SBC / PG , cant make my mind up , what would you do? , here's the pics of both rides...

Attached Files:

2. Master of None

Master of None

Picture didn't work, try again. First question is how tall are you? My 34 truck is chopped 5 channeled 4,and its a tight fit for someone that is taller.......

3. gump

gump

Queation do you want a project? Or old trusty!

4. Master of None

Master of None

The truck does look like more of a project, but could be cool, minus the pinto motor.

5. A Rodder

A Rodder

Do you have another daily driver?
    I would do it and look for a stock bed, it would look waaaaaaay better.

6. Id do it, but i like hot rods. Throw a decent bed on the back, and a full hood over the pinto, (untill you have something to replace it with the correct amount of cylinders.)

7. Sqeaky Hinge

Sqeaky Hinge

Gump , I got pleant to do...lol, just not enough time for all of 'em , the wagon , rolls every time , no question.. Master , that 's the first to go , it would get a 59AB flattie I got lying around out of a '38 p/u....Arodder , I got other dailys , and yeah , 6 ft+ and 318 lbs , but , I fit in it , tight squeeze , but , after I got in it , pretty comfy...

8. Master of None

Master of None

Well, if your commute is short it won't be too bad. With the wife and I, in my truck she can last about a hour and a half before "we" have to get out. Just something to consider if your planning on long trips.

9. Sqeaky Hinge

Sqeaky Hinge

Oh , and BTW , in case it matters , I get to keep my Corvette 8in. rallys.:eek:

10. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Keep the wagon! The '34 could become a blivit!

11. Keep the long roof. JMO

12. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

Yep I say keep the wagon.

13. tough decision man , oh by the way this is the HAMB fuck the rallys!

14. brad chevy

brad chevy

Sounds like you already talked your self into the trade. Heck if you already have the engine and it fits you swap.

15. Sqeaky Hinge

Sqeaky Hinge

What's a Blivit?

16. Sqeaky Hinge

Sqeaky Hinge

Just the opposite , I think I talked myself out of it on the way home , I took it over for him to look at it , and he's the kinda guy that has to mull stuff over for a couple of days , I'm the kinda guy that just does it if I like the trade , but , on the way home , the ol' wagon just hits the road good , I kinda like it ,just lookin for opinions...

17. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

I'd do it in a second just to get it away from the turd that made it look like that

18. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

318 lbs. in a 300 lb truck cab
    No offense but my 6'8" 315 lb. son in law has the same problem in confined spaces!

19. Master of None

Master of None

To me it sounds like the wagon is a better fit, I'd keep it.

20. edweird

edweird

i sold this wagon to build a chopped 52 dodge truck. i found out, nothin beats a big roomy wagon out on the open road................ya better think long and hard about it.

Attached Files:

21. a blivit = 5 pounds of shit in a 2 pound bag!

22. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

I like the A trucks but sounds like it needs some work. you might wait on a better truck if thats what your really looking for. If it were me I would ask for some money to boot for the modifications you would have to do to make it the truck you want

23. Cruiser

Cruiser

I'd keep the wagon tell something better comes a long, Those trucks are really small inside and uncomfortable on a long run. :D

CRUISER :cool:

24. Sqeaky Hinge

Sqeaky Hinge

Well, I really want a '30-'31 sedan , in about the same kinda shape , but , I cant seem to find one that hasn't been all turded up , you the r----- word...

25. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

Keep the wagon.

26. Well seeing I own a Big Block 66' Belair wagon and given your size, this is easy, keep the wagon.

27. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Judging by what you stated...that he wants to trade...yet he needs to "mull it over".

Don't do it. I have a feeling he's wanting to take advantage of you.

With the truck in its present state, your wagon is by far the better car.

28. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Don't buy into his line of wanting to trade for your wagon. The wagon is a MUCH better fit for you right now...and there'll be a better rod for you, and a better fit, later.

Jonnie King www.legend.thewwbc.net

29. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Sounds like you're too big for the truck. Go wagon.

30. Squablow

Squablow

I'd swap for that truck in a second, and I love wagons. But running, driveable open wheeled early cars never seem to be available for cheap around here, and as neat as the wagon is, I don't see it as a particularly valuable car. I'd even keep the Pinto motor, just swap out the bed and paint the cab. What do you think you could buy the truck for outright? What do you think your wagon is worth?