Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know how to git rid of spiders?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toqwik, Jan 16, 2012.

1. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

The bombs I used didn't cause any apparent damage to the paint on either of my cars. I did wash them off before I worked on them. I highly recommend following the instructions on the can.

Attached Files:

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      73.9 KB
      Views:
  2. Fool Injection

Fool Injection

It is a little-known fact that a few Horse Chestnuts (Conkers) left in a footwell or door pocket (Or out of sight if you're proud or showing your rod) will rid your vehicle of spiders for good.

Hope this helps, though you may have to wait until Fall to get some. (Got mine last October - been using around 6 of 'em for years & they work a treat, provided you replace them annually).

3. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Amazing! All my life, I've heard that the enigmatic hedge apple had NO redeeming use or value! THANKS, VonRig!

4. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

No doubt!
    We don't have to think much about Black Widows and Brown Recluse spiders here in MN.
    Our spiders are pretty tame in comparison.

5. Hey unclechet,
    Did you knw that we have a brown widow around this part of the country now? It is the same bug as a black widow but it is brown or tan instead.

Just thought I would throw that out there. I was reading about them in the MO Conservationist a while back.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  6. Larry T

Larry T

Osage oranges sure look like what we call Bois D'Arc apples around here.
    We've got Black Widows around here, but I'd rather be bitten by one of them than a Fiddleback spider (got them too).
    Larry T

7. Spray the garage down with a PYRETHROID insecticide. Get at any garden center.

8. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Got my work cut out for me on the '52

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. SmoKerch

SmoKerch

Keep the spiders.

Change your name to Peter Parker.

10. 62rebel

62rebel

spiders are also attracted to propane tanks, torches, heaters, anything propane powered. they love the smell of the gas (damn huffers) and nest up where they find it. i fucking hate the damn things. we got regular black widows, brown recluses, and now brown widow hybrids as well as the regular wolf spiders to deal with. the lizards and snakes can't keep up with the damn things. leave something on the ground overnight and half a dozen black widows claim it for their home.
    we do have some greedy little birds that do murder on the ones that linger outside in the daylight, though... you GO, little feathered killer....

11. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

Wtf ? Are you serious ? I own a Pest control company and can tell you that this snake oil scam is about as stupid as dryer sheets for rats and mice. Spiders have to be sprayed direct to kill them or can be trapped in glue boards.

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

exactly what i would expect a person in your buisness to say

hey I didnt make the shit up..go look it up yer self..I posted enough info
    can you tell me for sure it doesnt work? have you tried it? got proof?

But as we all know (those that will admit to it) mother nature has a way of taking care of its own, in one way or another..and its natural

and I didnt say it kills them, no where in my statements did i claim that..maybe it repels them

anyways I wasnt the one who came up with it, so point your cross hairs elsewhere

whats your cheap easy effective solution to the mans problem?..mine only cost a few bucks and he can do it himself. can you top that?

13. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know what Home Team Pest Defense sprays in my shop when they do my house but it kills the shit out of spiders. They crawl out of the wall and die on my floor and I have to sweep them up. Check with them.

14. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

15. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Read the first post

no where in it does he mention they are "deadly spiders"

and you havent proved it doesnt work either

whats your cheap self done suggestion?

And I was just passing along what I learned from some older possibly very wise people, not looking for a cock fight

whats he got to lose giving it a try?

16. 56Firedome

56Firedome

Thats funny right thar.

17. Man Of Steel

Man Of Steel

18. 53Hattie

53Hattie

Did one a while back with a small sledge I just happened to have in my hand at the moment, had to take a coupla swings to get the quick little bugger and took a little chip outa the garage floor, but it worked Reeeeaal Goood! Prob'ly wouldn't work on group kills tho...

19. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

Whats he got to lose ? How about some flesh.

Attached Files:

20. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Was building a house with my x-father in law, we had to restack a lumber delivery. About
    1/2 way thru the pile he was bit on the ring finger by a little red spider- about the size
    of a pencil point. His finger swelled up so much he had to cut off wis wedding ring to
    save the finger. Always thought he did it on purpose as a reason not to wear his ring.
    Jim

21. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Again..did the O.P. say they were dangerous spiders?
    read his first post..Toquick did not specify and Im responding to his post, not any others in this thread (thats kinda how that works here)

you know, I try to be a little helpful here and it never fails some one has to come along and nit pick shit to death and take it to the drastic level.not always in life do you have to kill shit with chemicals,our water and air are full of enough of this crap! sometimes mother nature has its own items that work just as well..besides it was just a dam suggestion

im done responding to you, have a great day

22. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

23. Google Huntsman Spider,When My Daughter was in Australia she was telling me about these things...10-12 inches and the don`t use a web to catch their prey, they stalk their prey. They are fast and can jump.So much for pussy little black widows and camel spiders eh? Those folks in Oz are some tough nuts!

24. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

I have heard of Brown Widows but have never seen one around here. But, I read, or saw on the news that the brown ones are spreading.

By the way the comment I made about the bug bombs not hurting car paint was supposed to be funny. My 50 doesn't have much paint on it anyway.

25. miraclepieco

miraclepieco
    BANNED

I start my hot rod in the garage, close the door and leave for about 10 minutes. The carbon monoxide kills anything that lives in there.

26. Toqwik

Toqwik

Some great stories, but other than hedge apples, not much help. My car is a convertible, so definately dont want to set a bomb off in it. I live in Florida, can I get hedge apples here?

27. Keep

Keep

By any chance is your name Billy?

28. Standard gas&oil

Standard gas&oil
    from USA #1

If you line your shop or car with hedge apples your going to bring in rats and mice then those will bring in big snakes since your in Florida. Rats and mice will chew up your car and spread disease thru your garage. Just use a proven methed to kill spiders or hire a pro and be done with it.

29. 56oldsDarrin

56oldsDarrin

30. afaulk

afaulk

Man, dontcha know dirt dobbers kill spiders and store them in their nest for the larvae. Put some dirt dobbers in the car. PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!