Register now to get rid of these ads!

So Much I Wanted To Do (Cancer Sucks)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48flthdf1, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Scott

Scott

prayers up !!!!

2. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

48flthdf1....caught myself thinking about you today. I'm at home waiting on the wife to grab a shower before we head back to the hospital to visit her mom. We will leave there and stop by the nursing home to visit her aunt, just been one of THOSE months. I pray that you are doing well this Christmas season and be assured that many on here are praying for you. My brother and my cousin have both been down the road that you are on and they are doing great. Life often leads us up and down a winding road and I'm praying that today you are on the mountain top. Tom.

3. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

don't give up. like many others have said, I know a lot of people that have beat it. you can too. I'll keep you in my prayers.

4. 48flthdf1

48flthdf1

Ok, Here it is getting close to a New Year...Since I feel the Doctors want to give me a time frame in life...I would like to make it one of my goals to get to Know some Rod Boys better...Never have been able to have someone come over and see what kind of work I do..As well as maybe trade work with someone who loves to turn wrenches...Love to have some new hodrod friends..So I think I will just shoot for the moon and get to know and have a fiew more friends to share my hobby with this year...Thanks for all of the support and kind words Guys and Gals...Bottoms Up for New Friends This Year...Scot

5. I dont yet know what your going through,I have an appt. on the 29th to talk about the biopsy to see if I have it too. So far, some real scary news to deal with ,as you well know. Like everyone else says, dont give up ,keep on building that truck. Good luck wishes sent your way.

6. yardgoat

yardgoat

Not only hard but costly,i didnt read all the post but skimed thru.What type of cancer do you have ? Ive had it once and made it thru and now ive got Leukemia.Sounds like a death sentence but there are 8 types of leukemia.My co -pay on med is $2,400 a month $80.00 per pill for oral kemo everday, forever,30 day supply.Please tell me more.Take care...........................YG

7. MT26

MT26
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Our prayers are with you also. Hang in there and beat it. I believe in miracles.

8. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

miracles are cool:D:):cool:

9. 48flthdf1

48flthdf1

Guys..I am schedule for surgery on the 24th next Tuesday...I hope that this will get rid of the Cancer...Just not really looking foward to the whole process...You do what you have to I guess...

10. Good luck, prayers sent.

11. Scot, best of luck with the surgery.
    You've got a lot of HAMB'rs pulling for you!

12. NM Sandrail

NM Sandrail
    Member Emeritus

Hey Scot...Prayers sent.. We are all pulling for you!... Cancer does suck, but many survive nowdays.. Hang in there... duane (NM Sandrail)

13. Hey Scot, was just thinking/praying for you this morning. I will be praying for you surgery to go without a hiccup and for a complete and cancer free recovery! :D

14. Stay strong, believe and live each minute to the fullest. I have had both colon and lung cancer and was give 1-2 years to live in 2008 after they removed 1/2 of my left lung. The anxiety is a bitch, not knowing what to do...my prayers ar with you.

15. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

,,x2:cool:

16. Shedrat29

Shedrat29

Hey Scott, thinking of you on the 24th. I,m doing real good, you will too.
    Hammer those pelvic floor exercises, they are the key. As for the other, we are happy with what we get. Cheers Keith.

17. IAVWGUY

IAVWGUY

I know it is easier said than done but keeping a good attitude will help you as much as any treatment you can receive. My wife was diagnosed with stag 4 pancreatic and liver cancer last April (her mother died of the same cancer in 2005) on our wedding anniversary. She was given 6 months to live. She took chemo and radiation but it did not help but I believe the reason she is still here with us is she has a great attitude towards the cancer and a strong will to live. What ever you do do not give up hope every day you are alive is a day they may find a cure for the type of cancer you have. God bless and live strong.

18. norton58

norton58

Have the surgery, then hurry back here! There's too much wrenchin' to do!!

19. Praying for a good surgery. Keep your chin up, my dad beat colon cancer and lived another 25 years. We all gotta go sometime but we don't have to just lay down and give up.

20. thendrix

thendrix

Good luck! We'll be praying. I have a cousin that was supposed to be dead for 2 years in December from cancer and I saw her last Saturday morning and she looks as good or better then she ever has.

21. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

Prayers sent my friend.

22. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

Good luck,take it day by day. Be strong and fight!!

23. Raven53

Raven53
    from Irwin Pa

Just said a prayer for you Scott, keep up the good fight, you have been on a lot of our minds, so just know there are people out here that cares.

24. mace69

mace69
    from mass

Good luck Scott.

25. Your doing the right thing....get it out...then get going again....Best of Luck!

Murph

26. fossiltin62

fossiltin62

We'll all pray for you, you can't give up!! Too many greasy bolts to turn. To much rubber needin' smoked. I had it and beat it, You can too !!!

27. nitrojoe

nitrojoe
    from Midway,nc

I had my prostate removed last year, everything looks good so far, never give up and enjoy life , will pray for ya!

28. 48flthdf1

48flthdf1

Thanks so much to all of you for the wonderful support...Tomorrow is "D" day for my surgery..I know things will go just fine..Just wish it was all over...

29. daddio211

daddio211

My family's prayers are with you. Please let us know how things went when you are able to. Good luck, and God speed brother.

30. Harry o

Harry o
    from Georgia

A Doctor told my dad he had 6 months to live with his cancer , 11 years later he died ...