Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Countdown to the Lonestar Round Up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by El Jefe, Jan 6, 2012.

1. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

Man I can't wait! There's still a slim chance I'll bring my truck, but school is about to start back up and I don't know if I'll have time to swap the tranny... and then still afford to register and haul it...

2. awwwww yeah!

3. THEKID49

THEKID49

As of right now he is. He is bringing out that blue F-100 he built. The Royal Masters change the whole look.

4. THEKID49

THEKID49

No, but I have known him over 30yrs. He is like the father that never wanted me. My dad ran his body shop for years.

5. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Got reservations at the La Quinta on Oltorf, no idea where it is from the action, I'm a newby!!

6. buckd

buckd

Stayin at the Allendale (queen suite) $330 for 4 nites! probably 15 min. from the action but were cruisin so it's all very kool. My car has been invited to be in the cavalcade of customs at Autorama Dallas in Feb. Got my grille chromed.... Let the season begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUCKD

7. Sin7

Sin7
    from Wylie TX

Congrats !

8. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Our rooms have been booked for a while, Kan't wait to get down there....

Happy Trails, Mick

9. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Weirdos with HOTRODS!!!:D Staying at the la Quinta on oltorf 5th year in a row!! Cant wait Round up is always the Best!

10. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

LowMOJO
    Is there trailer space at the La Quinta?

11. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Can't wait to return again!!! Wohooo

12. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Not really, but then again it is more than likely that they will be taking up parking spaces anyway as usual. Anyhow there is a Luby's Cafeteria/Resturauant right across the street and last year they were letting trailers park in there parking lot. Dont know if there gonna do it again this year?That Hotel is staged right on the corner from Oltorf and IH35, before and after the roundup Congress St. And Lamar are the nightly hangouts both Friday and Saturday nights And Oltorf is a straight shot to them;).

13. NIGHT-CRAWER

NIGHT-CRAWER

Just booked my room $111.00 a night,la quinta,,,

14. TxRat

TxRat

We'll be there again in the Nomad. I'm gonna have to open my damn mouth and talk to some of you guys there that I've talked to on here for years....

15. Jman1976

Jman1976

There Will be a group of us rolling in from Tampa for the first time. I can't wait!

16. Well we will see you there then Dave
    We are driving down from VLV

17. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

I thought I recall seeing some tow rigs on the VERY upper floor of the parking garage. We never had to park that high, but went up there to take some pics. I could be wrong though, as there is usually mucho alcohol involved on my Austin trip!

18. I stay there every year and parking with a trailer is usually no problem. There is a dentist office ( or something like that ) that has a parking lot that joins the Embassy`s and it`s ok to park there from Friday afternoon until Monday morning. The front desk even told me this.

19. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Hey Jeff; maybe we should start the anti Round-Up. Naaa, the real one is just too damn good!

20. jetcycles

jetcycles

I believe you are correct...my memory was hazy and I did not want to misinform the uninformed. I believe the truck/trailer combo that was not able to make it through the garage was about 100 feet long and Ian Berky's car was parked (along with a few others) on the ground floor near the entry to the garage. The driver could not even back the trailer ( imagine that) so we steered him clear of the garage and he parked in the street. To elaborate on what was posted prior, there is a title company located immediately next door to the hotel that is closed on weekends and allowed overflow parking last year.

21. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Just in case anyone needs to make reservations, just passing it on!:D

La Quinta Inn
    <!-- mp_trans_disable_start --> Austin Oltorf<!-- mp_trans_disable_end -->

<!-- mp_trans_disable_start -->1603 East Oltorf Blvd
    Austin, TX<!-- mp_trans_disable_end --> 78741
    Phone: 1-512-447-6661
    Fax: 1-512-447-1744

22. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

There's another La Quinta about 2 miles south of Oltorf
    At State 71 and IH 35. Easy-on to 71 and the Expo Center, easy-on west 290 to South Congress, etc. And we got four rooms at $64 each!

23. Excellent news, look forward to seeing you guys again...been too long.

24. ElTejano

ElTejano

I will make road trip there. driving in from Round Rock.

25. carl4675

carl4675
    from Conroe, TX

I just mailed my pre-reg. in. Even though I'm 60 yrs old and sitting here with a broke right leg, it's gona take more than that to keep me from attending this show. This is by far the BEST of the BEST. I may have to get someone else to drive for me but I'll have my old "Lumpy" car in the wind...headed to Austin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

26. not this year, but planning on 2013. Does anyone know the dates for next years?

27. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I just got my confirmation email today, can't wait to get to Austin again.

B:)B

28. Lupe.

Lupe.
    from TX

I'm staying at the Embassy. I'll be sporting my Alliance Member badge on the firewall with my name "Remy". If you see me say hi, and maybe have a beer with a fellow HAMBer!

I'll be arriving in Austin on the 12th.
    Anyone have any info yet on anything cool going on when not at the Roundup this year!?

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  29. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

I'm in, hopefully with a vendor spot =)

30. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Me and some buddies are going to caravan down there! Can't wait!