Register now to get rid of these ads!

homebrewed hotrods who here builds them

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carcrazyjohn, Jan 12, 2012.

1. topfuel55

topfuel55
    from Hebron IN

CCJohn, sometimes it's hard, you work all day, then you work for fun too. I'm with you, but when it is done it's all you. Some Saturdays we get allot done, some we talk and smoke and there has been some Beer consumed. I would not trade the time with my friends for anything, and I have a car to show for it.

2. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

I do. I haven't been as busy with my build as I promised on my thread but I've done everything myself at home in my 1.5 car garage. I've been at it for just about 2 years now. I took auto body in high school but that was 6 years ago so we'll see how my painting skills are. :D

Build thread is in my signature.

3. 17dracing

17dracing
    from Indiana

I growed up in my Dads garage watching him build the very first pro street cars ! And now I'm into old skool stuff . I also build everything myself !!! Thats the best part of it .I do paint , interior , chassis , wiring , ect.... Here are some of my builds !!

Attached Files:

4. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Did mine completely at home, by myself, in a Costco canopy. Everything from building the engine, installing front and rear suspension, metal work on the body, bodywork, interior, wiring, plumbing, you name it. But it's ready for paint now, and I know my limitations, so it's getting painted elsewhere.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. richbud

richbud
    from east tenn

Almost every thing on this car was done in my garage .I had a painter spray the car but i did all the striping and blocking all alone.Had motor done and farmed out trans,started car on july 4 weekend 2010 finished to drive it jan 1 2012.

6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

X2, I did my first TF when I was still in my teens. Went to the local library, photo-copied the pages out of the shop manual, added the Chrysler performance bulletin, next thing you know, I am building them for a bunch of guys. Have built a whole whack of automatics in the approx. 35 years since. And all these guys think doing autos is some kind of black magic or something...:rolleyes:

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Always been in awe of your "shop space" A buddy of mine used to campaign a fairly serious 10 wide race car out of a lean-to we scabbed onto the side of his house. Pretty amazing what you can work out of if you are driven/crazy enough.;)

8. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Everything was done in my parents two car garage....then I bought the house from them! LOL built the car before my 23 birthday

Attached Files:

9. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

I do all my own work in my home garage. Built the frame from rails, converted the blower, built the engine, converted the QC from stock car to 55" narrow rear end with Buick brakes, fabbed up the Buick front brakes, built the pedals, made the trans adapter, upholstery, did the body and paint, all the welding and machining etc.
    machinist by trade.
    32 Ford 3w. cpe. 354 Hemi, blower, Tremec 5spd., Winters quick change, Buick brakes.Ravon glass body.

Ago

Attached Files:

10. nutter

nutter

11. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Just the one I'm still working on after 7or 8 years. I will never start another scratch build in this lifetime.
    Here's a couple shots during mockup/construction. It's all apart right now and I'm doing the finish work on sub-assemblies and getting ready to start final assembly.

Attached Files:

12. I work in a one man- one dog shed and I have to kick the dog out to have room to do anything!:D

But yes I do everything with help from my son.

13. cboy

cboy
    from WI