Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 El Camino.. Part Two

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Fishbeck, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Jalopy Journalist

Jalopy Journalist
    from Austin, TX

I am sorry about the loss of your father. Your car is stunning though, and I can't wait to see the interior.

2. I very sorry Jay...............

3. hemifarris

hemifarris

Jay,
    Sorry to hear about your Father. I know he was your hero and how much you loved him and how much you will miss him. God Bless him and may he rest in peace.........................Mike

4. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

sorry for your loss,I lost my dad 30yrs ago ,a day does'nt go by I don't think about him,they do get easier.my prayers & thoughts

5. I said it before.. he enjoyed your friendship. Thank you, Greg

I'm sorry to hear that, Mr. Gee. We're losing too many of the greats, lately!

Thank you for the kind words! Although I have some time in, I have a lot of practice ahead of me, on the sewing machine. I can remember sitting on the upholstery table, watching him sew til way late. One time he looked over at me and started laughing, cos he could see how tired I was. I can still hear him when he said, "You look death warmed over!" He will always be in my heart

I'm glad he is free, but I'm bummed cos I'm self-fish & want him here with me. I just have to keep going

Knowing he is now in peace, eases things for some strange reason. He lived an incredible life. He knew a lot of incredible people and done some amazing things. Thanks for everything, Mike

6. He left a lot of his work, back here on earth. I'm am lucky enough to be surrounded by all of it. I thank you, Mr.B

7. slammed

slammed

Got a few tears over here JJ.

8. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Knowing that your dad left an ever-lasting impact on a lot of people as well as you is a great thing to be able to keep in mind. I most assuredly can relate with being selfish about keeping our fathers here as long as we want but knowing they aren't suffering anymore brings an inner peace within us. Not many people are that fortunate.

He certainly is proud of you! Prayers for your family, friends, and yourself with this.

iPhone - TJJ app

9. Good words from good people.. Thanks guys!

10. Sad news, Jay. Our prayers are with your dad and your family.

11. mt94ss

mt94ss

12. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

Jay, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I lost my mother this last August she was 88 and my Dad 91 has been in and out of the hospital many times in the last month. I can relate to what your going through. My prayers are with you and your family.

13. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Jay, I'm so sorry for your loss.

14. It's hard losing your best friend & hot rod buddy. I am literally a 'mini-him'.. it was always Big Jay & Little Jay. But that didn't start until I grew taller than him. I would say, look at that and he would respond.. I painted one of those such & such color, or whatever! My dad was one with everything automotive. He loved the cars of his youth, an always enjoyed seeing others 55's. So take a kid to a car show, we need to keep all this going.

15. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I'll keep that in my mind Jay. I never met your Dad but have learned alot of him here on the HAMB. But I did get to meet the "mini him" by shear fate along the sands of time and shook his hand.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  16. He used to call me squirrel.. others know me as little Jay or Jay-Jay.

17. Jay I am sorry to hear about your dad passing. Please know that you guys are in our thoughts. Take care.

Jeff

18. jaz

jaz
    from London, UK

Thinking of you Jay - lost my father on 7th December and miss him everyday - haven't touched my Mercury since he got sick in August because i lost interest, but i'm gonna give her a run on Sunday and remember happy times - take care

19. Swede64

Swede64

Very sorry to hear about your loss. Been there myself and it´s hurts.
    Just like my father he will be there with you in some way or another.

20. 59bones

59bones
    from Illinois

Sorry to hear the news...Please realize that you will be OK because of your knowledge and faith that he will be OK.

Strong men with strong minds, both of you. Jay and Jay-Jay.

And don't forget, he will always be able to share his wits and wisdom.

21. One big "thank you", to all you guys

22. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

again,not very good with words my friend,but know that we are thinking about you.if my kids said the things about me,you said about him,i would be so proud. i'm sure he is very proud of you. sorry for your loss.bruce

23. I appreciate that, Bruce

24. Camaro Mike

Camaro Mike

Very sorry to hear about your dad passing. I lost mine last year and know how hard it can be. Remember the good times and all the stuff he taught you.

25. Thank you, an I don't think I can forget what he's taught me. At least I don't want to

26. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

Jay, as you know I have been fervently following your progress on the ElCo. However, your recent loss makes me all the more value that Pops is still breathing. He is old, not so healthy and sometimes a PITA but the more I hear and read about someone losing their dad, the more I realize I am lucky. Thank you for a little more wakeup. When you choose to get back to building I will be watching intently. Until then, I suppose the best I can write is to remember all that your dad taught you and remember the fact you had a dad that shared your passion...or vice a versa.

27. Scottrods2

Scottrods2

We all Watch in awe as you work your magic, with the skills that God and Your Dad gave you. Hell.... I miss your dad too, and never met him. I feel certain I'll learn a lot more from him by following your progress on this project any more as you move through life and cars.

God Speed.... And God Bless you and all the loved ones left to celebrate his Life and contributions.

28. Scottrods2

Scottrods2

We all Watch in awe as you work your magic, with the skills that God and Your Dad gave you. Hell.... I miss your dad too, and never met him. I feel certain I'll learn a lot more from him by following your progress on this project and more as you move through life and cars.

God Speed.... And God Bless you and all the loved ones left to celebrate his Life and contributions.

29. maniac

maniac

So very sorry to hear this.

30. I couldn't get to this small, but deep little dent, since the fenders support bracket is in the way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The nose needed more hammer and dolly work, too

[​IMG]

Still needs more work, but the weather is turning cloudy.

[​IMG]