Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods HELP - WRITER'S BLOCK: I Need To Pick Your Brains!!!! Mmmmm...BRAINS!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Jan 12, 2012.

1. snelson57

snelson57

I dont have an idea for you, but I can confirm that I had a dream that featured that picture in your avatar last week. It was pretty funny in my dreams as well....does that help?

2. KIRK!

KIRK!

We are holding off because it may end all of hot rodding if it was ever built.

3. KIRK!

KIRK!

A lot!

4. Haha, I laugh every time I think about the part where she wanted what you were eating!:D

5. Yeah, you're probably right. I just jope that it's tentatively scheduled debut on december 21, 2012 doesn't end the world as well.:D

Just thought of another thing to add to the front of it. A smoke machine and laser lights, that way it will look like a rock show every time you enter the fairgrounds.

6. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

How's about string theory, time-space continuem, expanding universe, quantom physics and mutiple demensions and thier relationship to long legged blondes in hot rodded model A roadsters?

7. RodStRace

RodStRace

How about that time you and Ryan Seacrest... nevermind.

1. What goes into producing a car show, from inside one of the top promoters without giving away any real secrets. There is always a pissfit about the cost, show why.
    2. Top ten safety list to keep your readers alive. That thread about brake cleaner soaked parts and flame is scary and we've lost a few more people this year to lack of jack stands.
    3. How to handle a problem with a shop, parts retailer or private seller. Seems like it's another topic that is asked a lot. Lay out basic common sense stuff.
    4. The ol column on slang term definitions should be in your top drawer for just these types of situations (time is tight, brain locked up).
    5. With a name like Goodguys, perhaps a column on the good charities that have come to your attention over the past year.
    6. Scrapbooking for Rodders. How to compile ideas, parts numbers and contacts and keep them all in an easy to find location.

8. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

I'd file for divorce!!:D:D:eek::rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

9. Or if you are going to look into that, maybe how they Affect the trends :D
    A little proper grammar would serve a writer well ;)

Or how about a story about how, within the ranks of Rodding, some feel it necessary to use stupid and made up terms like "Goldchainer" to hate on those that have not only done well for themselves but enjoy the hobby from a different perspective. They let their jealousy cloud their judgement. Or how some feel the term "Street Rodder" is derogatory yet they might be surprised to find out that some of their hero's of days gone by now drive a car that they would classify as a Street Rod. For instance everyone on here loves Dean Lowe's red drag racing RPU from back in the day, but most would consider his current Yellow RPU a "Street Rod" (and I for one love the thing). So, does that make Dean a, dare we say it - Street Rodder? Don't think so. A real conundrum that one.

10. lstwsh

lstwsh
    from Dayton,Oh

I think you should give some credit to Eastwood and Barakat for rebuilding their old sedan.I think you could encouage others to recreate their old rides that are lost now.The younger rodders missed a lot of history that is only 30 years old.

11. ....err. Mr. KIRK! I don't want to interupt but you realise you are burning daylight?

12. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

A sentence should not start with the word "or" and "hero's" should be heroes. Your paragraph is a red pen's dream. I just thought you should know.;)

13. Using conjuncts to begin sentences is common amongst respected authors and professional writers. It is also a laudable on-line writing convention.

It is not grammatically incorrect to start a sentence with 'or', 'and' or 'but', and never has been, although it used to be discouraged. Now, thanks to the advent of email, and the proliferation of blogs and other on-line resources, public acceptance is much more forthcoming.

But you got me on accidentally adding the comma in Heroes instead of the e ;)

14. KIRK!

KIRK!

Tada! I busted it out. I went with Tutus' idea, but I will DEFINITELY be using this thread for future writing fodder. You guys ROCK!

THANKS!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  15. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Here I thot I was a professional riter...but it appears I don't no nuthing...!!!:eek:

I luv red pens...and red underlines...!!!

R-

16. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Ok - how about the low down of the general hobby car guy who has a air compressor in his garage and has some spray guns and wants to paint his car in his garage, then goes to the auto supply store to buy paint but has to show his eviromental permit to paint.......

My point is the hobby guy is being squeezed out with enviromental permits and all the bla - bla - bla that goes with it.....

I'm not a political guy but when does all the enviro take the hobby garage guy out ?

I'd call it - "saving the earth but your not allowed to do it yourself anymore"

How's that Bro ?

Cob

17. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

HAAHAA! Just bustin' chops, Don! But I did say "should not" not "can not":p

Congrats, Kirk! At least someone got something accomplished today!:eek:

18. I also got some thing done today (remember my "procrastination" post?) .... I got planning my day all wrapped up ..... I just failed to execute my plan!..... bwahahaha .... oh well, there is always tomorrow.

19. RodStRace

RodStRace

That's fighting the EPA. Tough fight. I'd be more interested in how a little guy can fight and win against local stuff, like the project cars on property.
    That's going to be different all over, but it's a battle you might have a hope of seeing through. SEMA and goodguys should publish wins and effective ways to wage these fights.

20. deto

deto

my personal fav

Attached Files:

21. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Video of this?? :D

22. KIRK!

KIRK!

I wish. I'd love to relive calling her a dumb bitch to her and her "handler's" face.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  23. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hahahaha!

24. slammed

slammed

Well put, more fuel to the flames.

25. slammed

slammed

You may ask the readership/members of GG what they like about their favorite venue. And realistic improvement's to them. And an honest question. Is there an over-saturation of GG events? And will there be a GG web site/open forum like the HAMB? That would be instant feedback, data source for your company to consider.

26. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Got enough cannon fodder yet?

Frank

27. Energy

Energy

How about a full page rant about how writers that report on the Hot Rod scene are just posers or goldchainers and don't have any idea about what it is/was like to be a "traditional hot rod writer". You could go on and on, work yourself into a real frenzy, and end up insulting everyone that doesn't visit your own office on a regular basis. :mad:

naaaaaa who would believe that? :rolleyes:

28. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

I don't have any ideas to add but it sure was fun reading everyone else's. Maybe there's a story to be written about the diversity of ideas, gripes, rants, wants etc.

29. The virtues of liking watermelon!

30. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

How about the car builder as an artist. How so many aspects of this hobby can be traced to the builders artistic expression. There is form and there is function. All artists are weird. Yeah, you too.