Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tommy T.C. Lemons RIP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nitro crew chief, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Nitro crew chief

Nitro crew chief
    from Illinois

I just got word we lost T.C. today to a massive heart attack. Rest in peace my friend.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  2. Sorry to hear this....Rest in peace T C...

3. kscuda

kscuda
    from olathe, ks

Another great one leaves us RIP

4. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We received a e-mail that was forwarded from Don Gartlits that TC had passed. Don and he was suppose to do an interview and Don called him a couple of times and got no answer so then he went to the cabin where he was staying and found him in his easy chair. My husband and i saw him at the awards banquet at Bowling Green. He was very funny. May he rest in peace. Thinking of Don and all of TC's friends.
    Gasser Girl

5. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Another legend gone. RIP.

6. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

here he is, doing what he did best

[​IMG]

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice guy, I got to meet him in NYC when he delivered a Swamp Rat for a car display in the basement of the Kodak building. That was quite a move. Rest in peace, thoughts and prayers going out to his friends and family.

8. "Doc" Parsons

"Doc" Parsons

9. Henry Floored

Henry Floored

I had the pleasure of meeting T.C. at the Garlits museum one time. Shot the breeze with my buddy and I for about a half an hour. We got some insight about the old days and it was great! R.I.P.

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Sad day - check out project1320.com

11. T.C. was instrumental in making Garlits' first rear engine car drivable,
    which in turn, revolutionized Top Fuel in terms of safety and performance.

Godspeed T.C.

12. SWAMPDONKEY

SWAMPDONKEY

I talk about T.C at least once a week . about the great stories he had to tell and what a great guy he was a true one of akind person , you will be missed my friend R.I.P.

13. frank spittle

frank spittle

My condolences to his family and friends. Don has lost one of his closest friends. It was especially "entertaining" to hear Tommy tell stories about crewing for Big Daddy back in the day.

14. jbon64

jbon64
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

rest easy TC.

15. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

another legend lost. prayers go out to his family. RIP TC

16. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe
    Member Emeritus

Man, I hate to hear that. One of the true un-sung heroes of drag racing. Behind every record that Garlits set, behind every innovation, you can be sure that T.C. was more than happy to be behind the scenes. He was a true friend with a heart of gold, an awesome memory and a sharp wit.

The last time I stopped by the museum to visit with him, we walked down 2 aisles and it took an hour and a half because he shared stories about every car we came up on. Talk about a true walk down memory lane! I only wish I had a recorder with me.

Rest in peace, my friend!

17. From the very beginning days at the Golden Triangle dragstrip, TC and Garlits were a team. May he rest in peace and my Condolences to Don Garlits and the Lemmon family.

18. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Rest in Peace TC.

Back in the mid-sixties I remember seeing him and Big Daddy's rig in Bixby from time to time. My condolences to the family.

19. Luke S.

Luke S.
    from Ocala, Fl.

A tremendous loss to say the least. TC had more stories of, the behind the scene stories, than anyone I know. He was there, saw it, and had the thrill of living it. I had the pleasure of getting to know him over the last few years at "Area 52". I often told him he needed to write them down, or have someone record them. His reply as usual would be "fuck that, I don't give a fuck!"... or something similar. He was a character for sure! He'll be missed by all who knew him, and had the chance to call him a friend. He made me laugh, and smile every time I saw him. God Bless ya TC.

20. bob t!

bob t!
    BANNED

Met T.C. through the late Roberto"Poncho" Rendon ,they were good friends.Each of them was a great story teller but together it was amazing.R.I.P. T.C.

21. flyingpiston53

flyingpiston53
    from bristol ri

They were great stories the best thing was about Him was from the moment you met him he made you feel like you've known him your whole life he left quite an impression on me and he will be sorely missed a. True pioneer and legend of the sport R.I.P

22. Ruckweiler

Ruckweiler
    from Ocala, FLA

Knew TC at Big Daddy's museum since '99. Good old country boy and fun to talk to. Have an annual pass so saw him often. I'm sorry Big Daddy had to find him dead but knew that he'd been sick a long time. As others have said, another legend passes. TC, RIP.

23. plyguy

plyguy
    from se mich

Sad day.....R.I.P T.C.

24. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have forwarded this thread to Don. Thought he would want to see all the good things that people have had to say.

25. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Got a tee shirt from Bigs museum, on the back a quote from T.C., "I didnt want my mother to know I was drag racing for 20 years, so I told her I was in prison."

26. Nitro crew chief

Nitro crew chief
    from Illinois

I don't think T.C. had an enemy, the more posts I read about him it comes out even more that he was a friend to everyone that passed his way. He was also a very humble man. He had told me some stories about him and Bill "Grumpy" Jenkins and I had a book on Grumpy's life, so I had just sent it to him to read. I'm sure he never had time to read it all, but I hope he was able to enjoy some of it.

27. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

When I was 16 at the gator nationals.... he was very kind to me while messing with Don's digger after a warm up pass....
    I will never forget that.

R.I.P.

28. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Sad news..but I am sure he had a great ride in life.
    Best to his family and friends.

29. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Another great Okie gone,RIP TC.

30. ELMER FUDD

ELMER FUDD