Register now to get rid of these ads!

The H.A.M.B. Calendar - Missing Holidays...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Haven't bought one for a few years but I wouldn't mind if there were NO days, since they all go by so fast. Besides, I'd just look at the pictures anyhow.

2. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Maybe the Mayans used all the holidays to end the year early?

3. 42hotrod

42hotrod
    from S.E. Idaho

hahaha

I didnt catch that either but yes, the day names are missing too!

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I think I need to go for another drive now...

[​IMG]

5. What color were the numbers supposed to be? A spot color or a built color?

6. 1 ordered two calendars. No worries ryan. I can't wait to get them, mistakes and all. I can't imagine anyone would ask for a refund. I appreciate all the hard work guys do

7. Kramer

Kramer

It's all good Ryan. I'm fine with the mistakes, I only look at the pictures anyway.:D So no refund for me. But the printer should give you a refund. It will be more of a collectors item this way.:)

8. Django

Django
    from Chicago

A built color... the same red as the month name, which is obviously there.

9. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Aren't you guys a day ahead of us anyway...??? That may mean your whole calandar is off...but with the missing holidays, we can catch back up...:rolleyes:

R-

10. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

im still ordering anyway so ha!

11. Jimm56

Jimm56

Consider it aa learning experience and move on. If they were there when you sent it to the printer, then it's not your fault, but the printer's. Press them for a partial refund or a helluva deal on the 2013 calendar!
    I also like the Friday art show designed stickers, too.

12. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

It'll just be the rare version. Like the Darth Vader action figure without his Light Saber in the un-opened box. I watch too much Big Bang Theory.

13. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

I think the calander is a real class act. If I had known it was gonna look like this, I would have ordered a second.

Is there any more?

It is almost too nice to hang.

14. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I think 'National Bellybutton Lint Day" is in February. I'll make sure to pencil it in.

15. zep058

zep058

It's pretty simple fellas, when you wake up and don't see a number in the box, take the day off. Either go back to bed or straight out to the garage.

16. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Haha..........I was thinking of this picture when you posted this.

Chris

Oh yea, if that is the only screw up.............don't worry about it.

17. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

And yet, December 25 is on there! - oooooow!

Hell, I just bought it for the pictures anyway. I thought maybe the clean month pages were a zen thing. Honestly, and you graphics guys know this, it's a freakin' miracle most jobs go well what with all the software changes, incompatibilities, and digital magic that happens from the designer to the printer.

Standup offer though, Ryan. Been there and done that too, but I'm keepin' mine.

18. bonesy

bonesy

Ryan - think of it as a missing louver.

This quote from Jim Khougaz was in Street Rodder a while back about a missing louver on his historic roadster: "When one of my friends was punching the louvers, something came up, and he was interrupted. He went ahead and started punching them again, and all of a sudden, we looked down and he had missed one. You should have heard me scream. There's no way in the world you can go back."

Beauty is in the unintentional errors.

[​IMG]

19. rld14

rld14

Shit happens.

I personally don't need to know when Easter is, and Halloween is the last day of October. Christmas? Even though I don't celebrate it, I know when it is.

I can't wait to get my calendar and put it smack dab on the wall of my office at work. I have two things coming that are car related... this and a genuine unobtainium hood ornament for my Lincoln. Not sure which one I'm more eager to get my grubby little mitts on.

IMO the only guy who would be bothered by something like this is the sorta whiny type who doesn't deserve one.

20. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

ALL good man. Hey it just means Its fewer days that I have get all dressed up for family coming over! See my wife lives by the calender and tells me if its not on there it doesnt happen around here, so now I have leverage!!!LOL Well we will see how far it gets me.

21. austinhunt

austinhunt

If you look close enough its in there...

22. trimph1

trimph1

I'd say this..it actually adds charm to the work at times. And, in this case, there is that in spades!!:):)

23. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Is the Calendar blank after Dec 23?.....:)

24. 35desoto

35desoto

Well a USA calender down here with USA up there holidays is pretty useless - so - this calender just became more relevent to this guy downunder!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Its a "Fill in the car show" space...there's always a car show on a holiday right?

26. Dave50

Dave50

Ok ik this is stupid but i have to ask are all the blank pages for notes etc

27. Yes sir. Notes, sketches, car maintenance records, etc. Whatever pleases you.

28. Dave50

Dave50

ok just checking thanks Speedy appreciate it!

29. Your to hard on yourself Ryan. I think if anyone wants there money back they are a jerk. In my opinion I am paying for the awesome pictures and the general coolness of it. Thanks for your hard work.

30. Gaters

Gaters

Are you sure the red wasn't called out not to print on that layer? "Knock out". Just a thought.