Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

i love that burgandy 32 sedan. it is now a Seattle area car (used to be in TN or Ohio I believe)

2. KiwiCoyote

KiwiCoyote

Ok Guys, Here are some shots of my 51 hardtop, our son took shots and did his thing with them, thought you might like enjoy. Kevin

3. Movinman

Movinman

You guys did right by my 66 Ford pickup a while back, so how about doing something with this? I'm thinking lowered with 4" wide whites, and the rest can be left up to your imaginations.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

4. Flyingtiger77

Flyingtiger77
    from Sac,Ca

would like to see this with about a 2-3" chop, the running boards in black and the body line that is on the perimeter of the fenders and running boards in grey . Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

5. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. wombat barf

wombat barf
    from oklahoma

rot, if they would have built it as a four door I think this would have been it! you gave it a period correct feel that also evokes Corvair flavor a bit! sweet!

James, I dig your extended cab version too! it looks like like something the factory might have built for Ma Bell or a utility company!

thanks, ya'll! I've wondered for years what one might look like!

7. NotNuRodz

NotNuRodz

So I got my model a on the road but i'm already kind of bored of my color scheme. I was wondering if anyone could photoshop it and paint it a flat light blue similar to Evel's model a, and paint the wheels a real dark blue with chrome center caps and trim rings.

[​IMG]

thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out, and if anyone has some of their own opinions on colors please don't be afraid to give me some more ideas.

8. Red Foreman

Red Foreman

Would really appreciate if anyone out there could 'please' photoshop my 56 GMC, currently in the middle of a build but I would like a sneak peak, Paint staying original, Just lowered all round with Wide whites on ivory steelies & chrome steelies. Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

9. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I'll give it shot. Gimme a few days, working lots of overtime. I think a new chrome grill would look just fine, especially if you add chrome steelies to it.
    Eli

10. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I agree, a new grill would definitely not look bad or out of place on this truck.

11. havi

havi

Request for some color changes to a couple schemes I have planned, please.

1) black body with cream colored fenders.

2) black fenders and body with cream body inset like the cooper die cast. (leaving the cooper door art, as I plan to have some door art myself)

Attached Files:

12. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Here you go.

Attached Files:

13. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

A question for my fellow "End All" artists:
    What digital photo alteration software are are you using lately?

I have pushed my old PhotoSuite software to the limit and it's time to move on.
    I tried GIMP, and found the user interface, well...unusable.

Does anyone know how the student-version of Photoshop compares to the current professional version? I'm thinking of taking a Photoshop course at a local college and the student version is much cheaper.

14. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I use Photoshop Elements 8. Even though its not the latest I'm sure I haven't pushed it to its limits. Bought it for $99 online. Pretty easy to learn, though I'd like to see of 9 has any additional elements.

15. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I use Gimp, it's a great learning tool IMHO, but lacks a lot of features and finesse... but I have more important things to spend my money on the a PS program right now.

16. Rot n' Kustom,

I use Photoshop CS4, but Adobe has just about priced me out of giving them further business for upgrades. I've got Elements 8 for my wife, but I haven't checked out its features for myself yet. Its a fraction of the cost of Photoshop, so I may end up using it instead. I also use Photomatix Pro for HDR and have the full suite of Topaz Labs filters that work within Photoshop, Elements, Lightroom, Paintshop Pro, etc. If your into getting creative with your editing I highly recommend both Photomatix and the Topaz products.

Mike

17. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Here's your grill, also added some chrome steels for perspective. Hope this helps. Eli
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  18. Custom54

Custom54

My buddy wants to change his 53 Chevy and get away from the bling wheels and multi colors. He doesn't want to do a complete interior change ect. so he was thinking of painting the car all purple with maybe a dark grey/silver roof. Also it has to have wide whites with chromies/spider caps or radir wheels with wide whites.
    Can some help us out with a few different ideas?

[​IMG]

19. Here you are... should look great.

[​IMG]

20. One from another thread - added a swage line to the side of a shoebox. Poor mans Merc anyone?

[​IMG]

21. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

That looks good!

22. Thanks, I thought it came out well too. Wonder if it´s ever been done, and if not, why not?

23. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Probably because it is easier to add a strip of stainless than cut a groove the length of the car!

I have been working on a similar idea for a '50 Mercury. Cut the swage line straight through the door and under the "bump" to the front fender.

24. bREWcITYbIRD

bREWcITYbIRD

I'm thinking about an wheel and tire and an attitude change on my Merc. Could someone change the stance to be simular to Malcom's old Galaxie, change the roof color to light blue simular to my interior and put chrome steelies with wide whites on it and maybe polished Torque Thrusts also. Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

25. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Would you remove the bump, or does this line go below the factory one?

26. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

No, I'd keep the bump and run the swage line under it, carving a small valley. I am working on the design, and I'll post if it looks good.

I have two rules-of-thumb for custom car design:
    1) Always keep something of the original car that tells the design story.
    2) Always create at least one new idea. This is art.

Some of the old customs smoothed out the bump, but I never thought that improved the lines; it looks like a used bar of soap!

On the '49-51 Merc, the bump tells the story.

27. deto

deto

Could anyone put the rear end on the ground with some skirts on it? I might go this route with thte car. Wanted to make sure it doesnt look stupid before I start making the move.

Attached Files:

• 52.jpg
      52.jpg
      File size:
      238.4 KB
      Views:
  28. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Here is what I did:

1 - original car, photo-lightened the whole thing, so you can see the drop.

2 - level ride

3 - level ride with skirt

4 - tail dragger

5 - tail dragger with skirt

Attached Files:

29. D-man313

D-man313

30. Guess thats why Ford did it that way. Or because it was cheaper!

Let´s see a photochop of that idea. :)