Register now to get rid of these ads!

Age who's the oldest guy on the HAMB????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john mullen, Jan 8, 2012.

1. cederholm

cederholm

...only 44 but I still dont want you kids on my lawn!

2. Just turned 74, still driving a big block powered deuce highboy roadster, and a hemi powered 29 chrysler sedan.

3. Now thats funny rite there. Hahahahaha:D

4. I'm 65 and dont want no more lawn !!!:rolleyes:

5. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

69 .... my age and my hobby.

6. whiskerz

whiskerz
    from Ga.

Not me , I am creeping up there but I am not it yet :D:D:D

7. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

heck, I'm still young by this crowd's standards. Had my first hot rod in 1959 at the age of 15, private pilot's license a year later, and I'm up for my 50th HS reunion this August. Like most HAMBers have opined in one way or another, age is a number, it's your attitude that determines your relative age (as in the 'chill factor' reference).

8. tinhunter

tinhunter

I'm 66 but still feel like I'm 17 ( except when laying on my back under an old ford), Like a few have said, age is measured by ones attitude towards life, if you think you are old, you probably are. Hopefully the 34 will be on the road this summer and I'm starting to look for the next project...if only the pension cheques were a bit bigger LOL

9. Sounds like like someone is fishin' for their next project :D!!!

10. mossback44

mossback44

I'm 67 and intend to finish every one of my five projects (including the '35 Hupmobile I agreed to buy just this morning). I still enjoy each of the 30-50 hours I spend on them each week.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  11. too much information! :D:D:D

12. trimph1

trimph1

57 here....I'm just a hatchling.

13. SmoKerch

SmoKerch

I'm 52, but recently had a disc removed from my neck and a fusion (Peyton Manning procedure) so right now I feel like I'm 82.

14. When my Dad was alive and ask this same question he answered...................."I'm as old as I feel"....................................."and I like to feel all the young women"
    I'm 66 yrs young and still play with cars.

15. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

I'm glad to see there are guys on here that make me feel younger then my 65 years stack up to. I still have a couple garages full of projects to get back on so I had better get off my ass & back to work.

16. SlamIam

SlamIam

That's funny! When I was a kid I was chased down a street by a couple of people, one time by an old man wielding a large Crescent wrench after I'd done a burnout in front of his house.

I'm 60 now and have just begun to live (recently retired with more time in the garage).

Today on my early morning walk I noticed some "kid" got up on the lawn of the corner house last night and peeled two trenches through it, laying rubber across the sidewalk and a long ways down the street. This stunt brought back lots of memories of a high school buddy who liked to do the same thing to the teachers at our school. By graduation the back of his car had a bad case of shotgun rash (he finally grew up and is in charge of one of our missile defense systems now).

17. 57 here.........all systems are good.........feel and act 20 something......need to get to 100 in order to finish all projects:eek:......really looking forward to the next 43 years:D.........

18. 12905

Born 1932. 80 in March

19. I intend to die before I am the oldest member on the HAMB.

There are days that I feel like the oldest member, although when I was in my late teens and early twenties there were days that I felt older than those days now.

20. OK ,...So far it seams that TraderJack is the oldest .I read his personal info and suggest you all do the same ,Quite an impresive history around Hot Rods for this man...... Any one older than( 88 ) speak up now or forever hold your pease. I will be sending him one of my original hot rod drawings as 1st Prize...Congratulations TraderJack (YOU THE MAN)

Attached Files:

• 077.JPG
      077.JPG
      File size:
      150.6 KB
      Views:
  21. Jims Classics

Jims Classics

I look younger than I am, feel as I did in my younger years, but my body takes time getting out from under my cars. I'm 67 years young and I'm 49 in my Christian years and I guess I didn't age mentally from age 27. That's fine by me, you know "car guys" never grow up according to some. Love ya'll. Jim

22. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

John, @ 74 I'm quite a ways behind Trader Jack! But by God I bet I'm the only one other than you that knows where the Hell Lanexa is and has been there in the last month!
    Wish I had run across you on HAMB before now, as I was in Lanexa to visit my sister at her new (to her) house on the Chickahominy river off Colony Trail on outskirts of Lanexa! Was there from12/23/11-1/3/12 for the Christmas Holidays. Beautiful countryside there! Sister's house is right on the apex of the big horseshoe bend on Chickahominy near the RR tracks.
    BTW, if you don't already know of it's location, I spotted a '46-'48 Dodge coupe not all that far from Lanexa in my rambling. If you haven't spotted it and are interested, PM me.
    Dave

23. Dave, sorry we didnt know eachothers before. Always glad to meet a fellow Southener. thanks for the tip on dodge but i'm car poor already (wife says I need to sell some of what I already got)..Heheheheh!:D ..

24. I have tryed to pm TraderJack ,no responce .Doe's anyone know if he is still around .HELP ANYONE ????

25. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Don't know, been about a year since he's posted".
    Guess 12905 from BC, Canada is oldest now, his birthday is in March, mine is in December---So he'll be 80 before me----Don:D:D

26. Don, thanks for the info I'll keep tryin for a while longer and see if I can find out for sure .Any other help?????

27. Actually, he posted THIS just last month (December 9<sup>th</sup> 2011) ... and his last login was also last month:

TraderJack's Last HAMB Activity.JPG

28. Gene Winfield (Gene Winfield Rod&Custom) is 84 ... 85 in June ... though one could argue that he's technically not "on the HAMB" since he has an assistant post for him.

29. Jalopy Journalist

Jalopy Journalist
    from Austin, TX

Well we're all 5 here so lets try and figure out who is 6.

30. big bad john

big bad john

.......My friends say I'am older than dirt...