Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1955 Chevy Gassers Owners Wanted? Post them Pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jay Tyrrell, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Getting closer.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  2. mikes55chevy

mikes55chevy
    from utah

before you cut think really hard about what it is your after. two lane blacktop was and is a real inspiration for me and what i do with my '55, and i almost cut it. i'm soo glad i didn't.

3. C/Gas55

C/Gas55

This must be correct, as I have seen work shirts with a print of my '32 Ford pickup on the back. First time i saw it, I felt like i had been raped or something. I guess if it's public it can be used.

4. KILLER KEN

KILLER KEN
    from PENFIELD

Did anyone catch the new Chop Cut Rebuild? The new season premiere has a lady having a Willy's finished being built that her late husband had started. He built & raced the Strictnine 1955 Chevy in Cali in the 60's. They showed a picture of it on the show. Maybe the new owner could share new photos with Dan from Chop Cut Rebuild. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>

5. KILLER KEN

KILLER KEN
    from PENFIELD

Did anyone catch the new Chop Cut Rebuild? The new season premiere has a lady having a Willy's finished being built that her late husband had started. He built & raced the Strictnine 1955 Chevy in Cali in the 60's. They showed a picture of it on the show. Maybe the new owner could share new photos with Dan from Chop Cut Rebuild.

6. PSB

PSB

Man I love thread too... Thought you may like to hear and see alittle more of wild.. I did it testing a new camera and a body said he loved it so I put it up...

This Video is of WILD if you go all 3 min. you will hear the M22 at the end.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEZ534kpr6g

7. rednek

rednek
    from Daisy,OK

[​IMG]
    8" wheels 28x9 slicks

Deuces likes this.
  8. Hey Rednek, that is beautiful just he way it is.

9. studefreak

studefreak

here's mine

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  10. rednek

rednek
    from Daisy,OK

Thanks Seghi. That pic is from last year, I had traction problems had to work the rearend over. Have bigger tires under it now.[​IMG]

Deuces likes this.
  11. PSB

PSB

Rednik.. Awsome 55! R. Seghi Try the link again.. It worked for me. Also I am thinking of painting the 5er now. Iam glad you got your 55 fixed. what prompted the color change? Not sure if i can change the color of mine after 40+ years.. I guess i need 3 55s so I can do what i want on all of them...

12. deto

deto

every time I see a gasser thread I wanna sell my 52...

13. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great picture. The paint( or lack of it) is perfect.

14. Nice 55 lyles.....it so much reminds me of Sizemores "Golden Rod" 55 from the 60's.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  15. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

That flatblack gasser with the hilborn is the bomb....

16. Nice radius job.

17. I tried the link agin, still nothing. Me and groucho saw an orange '55 at Famoso and thought that Hugger Orange should be the color.

18. We have one of them here too, that races in the Gasser Racing Series

[​IMG]

and other racers

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. rednek

rednek
    from Daisy,OK

Thanks, I have a lot of fun with the car. The pic is at the Duck drags taken by Crab from The Pond on DuckusCrapus. (He is on here as Crab too).

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  20. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

This car is amazing! It has all of the elegance and class it carried on the showroom floor, with the balls of a Gasser Drag Car! The stance, and tire & wheel combination are beautiful and are just aggressive enough to let you know it's a Bad Mutha! You did it man! The best of both worlds without sacrificing either genre! A perfect balance! Well Done Sir!

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  21. Mullins

Mullins

Here's a good picture of a old 55 Chevy Gasser found The Wild Bull. I owned it and traded it to a friend. He's putting back together now. I also am posting pictures of another old gasser 55 chevy that was found in a barn that I owned and sold. Then the last two pictures are of my latest 55 chevy that I have now.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  22. Mullins

Mullins

Sorry the Wild Bull 55 pictures wouldn't upload. I will try to get them posted soon.

23. zarbtime

zarbtime

What a great thread..Memories are made of this.....

24. 572ChevyII

572ChevyII
    from Oregon

Great thread! Here are a few pics of the two '55's I've axled. The first one I did in '08 and was sold, believe it is in Texas now. The second one is the one I am currently building. It will have a Hilborn injected 427 with a T-10 and Dana 60.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  25. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Great pictures and some really great looking gassers!!!

I always liked the 55's that had those tinted plexiglass windows to match the car color.

Back in the 60's there were so many of them running and each would have some real catchy name on the side of it.

Great time to be growing up in for sure.

Jimbo

26. heres what i ended up with with the help of some great friends

Attached Files:

• 188.jpg
      188.jpg
      File size:
      153.7 KB
      Views:
    Deuces likes this.
  27. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

Damn. I want a '55 now.

28. SmokinBill

SmokinBill

Your name caught my eye............ You have a bigblock Nova????????
    Welcome to the site

29. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks great ! Makes me want to re-prime my car and go back to no lettering. We could almost be twins. Nice work.
    [​IMG]