Register now to get rid of these ads!

My Build Thread!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hotrod95, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Not completely sure yet, haha :cool:

Rad idea!!! I didn't think about that!!!! :cool::cool:

Bored in my Digital Photography class so I edited an out 36 ford!!

[​IMG]

2. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

well...i've really enjoyed this read! looks like you've already got the good part down...having fun!!! you're having so much fun i'm having fun! thanks for including us in the build.

3. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

:cool:

Hey! Thanks! Thank you guys for being part of my build! Definetily gets me excited to work on it more!! Plus I get my licence in 6 months. Time to get to bustin on the truck!! Haha

4. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Got the front clip ready for primer!! And I got the steering colum in and ready to be bolted up. But.. It's freezing, so I called it a night. Will hit it tomorrow and will hopefully have some pics to share!

5. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Promotional video I did for a good friend of mine

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jz3yHzaQ7rc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Bad55Chick

Bad55Chick

And me too!! :(

7. Bad55Chick

Bad55Chick

I really wanna get out in the shop an help you... im sorry.. and happy thanks giving everyone..!

8. outlaw256

outlaw256

well young gun i just read this from the beginning.your doing pretty damn good work.that will be one fine truck when you get her done.i love to see young guns with the drive and determination to get it going and get it done.you pretty much seem to be on track.i really wish we lived closer to each other.id love to come and lend a hand when you need some help(better yet when you come and lend me a hand lol)keep up the good work and the good attitude son and i promise you you will go far in this old world.oh by the way. your young lady, you 2 look more like brither and sister than boyfriend, girlfriend. think about that the next time you go to kiss her goodnite.lol just kidding you son,be glad and thankful you have a young lady who is into what you like and dont mind gettin dirty.but im sure you already know all this.

9. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Yah, this beautiful girl helped a lot

When you're ready, tomorrow? :cool:

Thanks sir! I really apprieciate the words! I try my hardest at everything I do, and haha! You wouldn't believe how many people tell us that! Haha, but luckily she is my girl :eek:

10. Kool vid dude, by the way, what was that first song?? Sounds so familiar.

11. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Thanks! And I'll PM it to you Monday when I find out

12. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

More progress!! I got all the front clip parts ready for primer! And I got some chrome! And my dad got the passanger side motor mount ready to be finish welded and the drivers needs one more part! He also got a welding cart built for our welder/bottle. And I got the shop picked up, and started sorting threw my parts. But, here is the only picture I have for today.. My new chrome!

[​IMG]

13. Bad55Chick

Bad55Chick

Looks great:) hopefully the french kit ibgot ya will look good too

14. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Arc Welds From Today..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My poor MIG welds from when I was 13..

[​IMG]

15. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Worked my tail off on the truck today with my dad!! We finally got the motor mounts ready to be professionally welded! Now we are working on finishing the tranny mount! Should have it all ready by the end of tomorrow! Pics then! But to keep you guys happy, here is some pics of a 1948 refrigerator I am doing some drawing on for my boss.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not finished yet, but getting there..

16. good lookin' welds!

nice Hotpoint!

17. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Hey! Thanks!

New updates!! Helped my dads buddy unload a 1927 sedan in trade for him to weld up my mounts.. And got to check out some pretty kool rides!!

Here are the mounts tacked up..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The T!

[​IMG]

The other kool cars!

(We used to own this old 55 before it was put together.. You can see it in the thread in my signature)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Willys army jeep..

[​IMG]

55 Chevy car hidden in there

[​IMG]

1927 Dragster!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1923 T roadster (Beautiful!!)

[​IMG]

And the motor mounts welded..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Boring stuff now.. Just test fitting the mounts and getting them on the frame.. Nothing to take pictures of.. But, are getting all the break parts ordered here pretty soon! But, in the mean time... I have some more photoshop fun!!

[​IMG]

19. Bad55Chick

Bad55Chick

20. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

21. Bad55Chick

Bad55Chick

22. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Been kickin butt on this truck!! Between school and finals and work and spendin time with crazyhorse55, I've been real busy, but since I've last updated I have pulled the whole front axle and took it apart and cleaned it up, and I have gotten all new bushing/shackle kit for it, ready to be put back on! I can't wait to see the stance! Hopefully I'll have the axle installed today, and y'all will be seein some pics! Updates later today!

23. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Forgot to mention, got everything motor and tranny ways bolted/tacked into place and they are ready for final welding, and I got the front clip and some dash parts in primer! But as far as todays updates go, I haven't gotten as much accomplished as I would have liked.. It started out as a struggle because the U-bolts didn't want to go on, and then after we got that problem solved, we just continued to run into more and more problems.. So, the front end is close to being re-installed, It'll be a day or two (Due to school) Before I have updates

24. There's good days and bad days.

Keep goin'..........
    1st time it moves under it's own power will make it all worth it!

25. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Ditto!

26. RussK

RussK
    from Atlanta Ga

Just found this thread, its great i love it.
    Its going to be a killer truck when you finish

27. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Thanks man! I can't wait! I'm keepin track of your thread, lovin' it!!

Thanks guys! I'm over the hill now, it's mainly just fit and install!

28. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Well.. I don't know where to start since it's been so long since I've posted pictures..

I know!

How about my trip to a creek right down the road from my house?! Very worth while trip!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(My buddies on top.. or bottom..? Of the car inspectin' it)

And here's just a kool shot from a local Walmart..

[​IMG]

(My dads car on the right)

29. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Alright.. So.. back to the action!

Here's what y'all missed..

Pulled the axle and got it cleaned up and ready for primer..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then at 7 tonight.. I finally got it re-installed all the way, right down to the grease zerks.. And it was on a school night! Haha!

Got all new bushings and shackles and grease zerks and got the springs lower, and new main bold for the springs, new clamps for springs, and new bolts for bushings, so I'm all set to be safe!

[​IMG]

(Sorry for the crappy picture, there isn't much light that late in the shop)