Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Who's Building a T?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slimegreeeeeen, Nov 19, 2011.

1. A few new shots of the frame from Charlie today. Note gussets and holes drilled in cross members for brake lines and electrical. The 9" rear end arrived from John Industries and Charlie is going to start hanging it and the rest of the suspension. It's nice to know he's building my frame just a few feet away from the his next T, which is going to be packed with cool details. But that's another set of shots for another day.

122 28 11 087.jpg

122 28 11 083.jpg

122 28 11 084.jpg

2. Noah*

Noah*

Here's mine. 27 Coupe, model A frame, 1956 265 with a 3 speed. Been working on the frame.

Attached Files:

3. Here's an update of my T and the 331 Hemi going in it. Ignore the tunnel ram just sat it there for the"wow" factor when people walk in. Lol

Attached Files:

robert4005 likes this.
  4. crosleyman2

crosleyman2
    from Port Huron

Im building a 1925 fordor sedan tall T. Building it as a rat rod and has the earlier aluminum body. motor is a 421 pontiac with 8 stromberg 97's and hydramatic trans.

5. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

It belongs to Gerry (fadt) i think he may be on here, body is a Wimble glass one i believe.

6. crosleyman2

crosleyman2
    from Port Huron

Im building a 1925big fordor sedan. Building it as a rat rod. Has earlier aluminum body. Engine is 421the Pontiac with 8 Stromberg 97's.

7. My friends T coupe I've had a small part in helping with. He started 4 months ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. CDM

CDM

Making good progress on '26 racer. '28 Chevy head, full pressure oil, Model A tranny and rear end, 40 Ford rear juice brakes, Stromberg OE-1 carb. Have driven the chassis (plywood firewall and apple crate) and it goes great.

Going to work now on a steel body but in the meantime I have a PolyForm Morton-Brett glass body and will put that on so I can drive. Easy job and it comes right off when the steel is ready.

Next project will probably be a '27 Touring (already have an original body in beautiful condition) with flat head or '32 banger with Riley four port. Don't know yet. There are so many buckets around, I thought a Touring would be fun and different.

T's are a hoot!

Attached Files:

9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Attached Files:

10. Noah*

Noah*

Set the body on the frame today

Attached Files:

11. Congrats!

12. What wheel base are you guys working with ??,
    I'm talking about T coupes

13. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Mine is 103" Gary

14. rodrobb

rodrobb
    from Sweden

And mine is 105"

15. Thanks fellas, this coupe will be powered by a 272 Y block and a 4 speed.
    I think somewhere in that range might work, anyone running this motor in a T?

16. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

I'm running a 312 so I'll post a few pixs here and the info request - turned into a build thread is

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=431579

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. boones27t

boones27t
    from redding ca

here is mine 26t rpu

Attached Files:

18. Here is my 8 year-old's '26 roadster.

We bought it when he was 5. He will be 9 this month.

We just picked the frame up from the powdercoater last Friday!!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ!!!

Attached Files:

19. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

[​IMG]
    Here is my 26. Not sure of it's complete history. Ive had it since about 1983. I would say it was originally built in the late 60's very early 70's. It's been about 3 different colors. It was this color when I got it. I haven't changed much. Just the wheels and tail lights. Thats about it. it runs an early 64 289 Ford.

rab71 likes this.
  20. Sweet ride. Very tasty.

21. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Boy those front radius rod hang kinder low at the chassis end!!!

22. Finally got the frame unloaded!!!

What a pain in the ass to do by yourself!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ!!!

Attached Files:

23. RFAGrasshopper

RFAGrasshopper

I am starting a Tall T that will be more Strip than Street. I will user the Speedway '27 deluxe frame with a 9" rear-end,289(maybe redone into a 302) and a C-4. I have always wanted to build a Tall T after my buddy Bob White built his 289 powered one in the late '70's in a carport. Here's a drawing of the frame and a photo of Bob's Tall T.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  24. alwaystiredlong

alwaystiredlong

Perfect! Can you give specs. on the rear wheels/ tires. Offset ect. Thanks Scott

25. MemphisRaines

MemphisRaines
    from Texas

Here's my work in progress.

[​IMG]

Craig M likes this.
  26. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Boy, thats a HUGE improvement over the mustang tail-lights!

27. out plowing

out plowing

here is mine... i have a ways to go!!

[​IMG]

28. Boy, oh boy! You are going to know absolutely everything about that car when it's done!!!

I find it so therapeutic just to be working on them!:)

Goatropper24 C likes this.
  29. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

I'm just getting into this project but Slimegreeeeen has asked me to post some pics so here goes. My plan is to build a tribute to the car that inspired me back when I was about 11 years old and that is a LONG time ago. I've become good friends with the guy that built and drove the car back then and many of you have seen the "T for Two" artwork that Jeff Norwell did for me a number of years ago and the magazine pictures of the original car in the "real 50's Hot Rods" post that I started a few years back as well. So far, I've blasted and epoxy primed the body, and started on a 2x3 tube frame. The car is channeled the depth of the frame and it'll sport a dropped axle, deuce shell and a 9' Ford rear suspended by a transverse spring hung on '36 Ford radius rods. I used the vertical bends from "Welder Series" for the rear kick ups rather than Z the frame like many of us have down in the past.

Attached Files:

• 024.jpg
      024.jpg
      File size:
      340.9 KB
      Views:
  30. That looks very nice. :)