Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The rebirth of a 1952 pilot house dodge pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NikkypDMC, Apr 28, 2010.

1. monkeyspunk79

monkeyspunk79

Wow, I'm subscribing to this build thread. I fell in love with old pilot house Dodge trucks at a show last year and ever since have kept an eye open for one. You're doing great work on yours and I can't wait to hear / see it run soon. Keep kicking butt and good luck on putting her back on the road!

2. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

Dude that's awesome! The diagram in my repair manual isn't nearly that clear! !! Thanks man!!!!

3. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

Decided to clean up and paint the original oil bath air cleaner...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Still needs 1 more coat of paint..

4. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

[​IMG]
    Found another pick if my ole' jalopy from the first week I got it...

5. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Lookin' Good !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4TTRUK

6. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

Thanks brother!

7. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  8. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

[​IMG]

Thanks to Ford Mike and "Iwantaflattie" I got some much needed parts for the old dodge!!!! Thanks guys!!!

9. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

[​IMG]

Thanks to Ford Mike and "Iwantaflattie" I got some much needed parts for the old dodge!!!! Thanks guys!!!

10. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

Started tapping out and smoothing out the original windshield visor. Got lots of work to do but these visors really set the look of these old trucks off! Its awesome that its the original one from mybtruck. I got this one with the truck along with the crates of extra parts. I've seen these visors on line for$300 o r more. I got lucky!
    [​IMG]

11. Great score nikky.glad you still chipping at it.

12. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

Its supposed to be nice out tomorrow. Thinking its prime time to get a lot done!

13. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

Anyone have any leads on a Stock master cylinder? NAPA has one for $200 RockAuto has one for $100. I'd like to just do the stock master cylinder. Eventually i'll do a Cherokee master cylinder swap. But for this summer I just wanna get it driving.

14. 4msfam

4msfam

15. awca12a

awca12a

I have a 1952 B2B and came across your thread while looming to find a master cylinder also. Can't believe how much you've done. I bought mine from a one owner family who passed it down through 7 people; each adding their own name to the owners manual after crossing out the prior siblings name. Your thread is an inspiration.

Question. When I check NAPA or most other sites, they don't show parts for the 1952 B2B but show B3B or 1950 B2B. Can you share the part for the master cylinder from NAPA. Did you find a decent set of wires? All I find are cruddy universal sets. Thanks.

16. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

Thanks! I don't have a part number, The NAPA by me looked it up in a paper catalog for older vehicals. The wires I found were at Advanced Auto. I got Xact brand wires for A 19523 chevy bel-air they are the same size and fit right in the distributor. LIFETIME WARRANTY too! You may run into problems with some of the wire lengths. I had to take them back and trade a few wires out. One wire was about 9inches to short and they just swapped out the wire for a longer one.. I believe they Were around $25.00 part number is #2610 Xact brand Wire set ..if you're going 12volt system the wires set "coil wire" Fits a 1971 Dodge D 100 van . I had to "Shim" the coil so it would be wide enough to fit it in the stock original coil bracket attached to the old spark plug wire holder... GOOD LUCK!

17. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

Ok... so I was just thinkin' I had a 1962 Ford falcon with a 170 straight 6 and It had a 12 volt Generator on it... not a 6 volt ... a 12 volt Generator... and since I want to retain that all "Original" look I was thinking Insted of hiding a GEO metro 1 wire alternated inside one of my Generator cases. Or use a GM 1 wire alturnator . I was thinking of going with the falcon 12v 1 wire Generator .. it was really
    Reliable on the falcon. Think it could be used on my Truck??

18. George

George

It probably doesn't care what it's on!:)

19. moparmonkey

moparmonkey
    from NorCal

Don't see why not. Just make sure you hook it up correctly to the voltage regulator, as I'm guessing you'll have different harness colors/labels etc.

Also, mopar went 12v in '56 and ran 12v generators for a several years, so there should be plenty of mopar 12v generators out there too. Shouldn't make a difference though, and if you already have the falcon generator I say use it.

20. What is the benefit of changing to a 12v generator? It won't really give you enough amps for much brighter headlights or an electric fan setup.

Plus you'd have to put in the resistors for the gauges too.

21. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

Well poop.. I didn't think about that.. maybe I'll just stick to the Geo metro set up....

Thanks everyone!

22. moparmonkey

moparmonkey
    from NorCal

You would be a little low on amps with a 12v generator, but it depends on what you want to run. If all you want is a heater and a radio, you should be fine with a later 12v generator. Heck, some of the early hemi cars had power windows.

Also, not all the gauges need resistors. Oil pressure and water temperature are mechanical gauges, just need to change the light bulb. Same with the speedo. Amp gauge is really the only issue.

23. George

George

Imperials had A/C @ least as far back as '54.

24. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

Good info! Thanks guys.. the gears in my head are turning haha!

25. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

The weather is getting warmer. Gonna start busting ass really soon! Collected some parts and saved up some cash! Can't wait to start wrenching on it again!

26. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

Finally picked up the rest of the cad bolts (for the rear) .. Does anyone have any idea how to get the seat out so i can get to the bolt holes?

27. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

Whew! So I got my "Shop" (Garage haha!) Cleaned up. I barley could work in there. Now i have tons of room to get a lot more done.. and a plus is Both my trucks fit in there! So its time to get cracking on it again! The weather has been crazy warm last two weeks!

[​IMG]

Here is what it looked like before...

[​IMG]

28. NikkypDMC

NikkypDMC

First time out of the Garage in a year!

[​IMG]

29. MrDoggity

MrDoggity

I am loving this! I just killed about an hour in the middle of my work day. Oh well.
    I just bought a 1950 Dodge Panel Truck, that I am going to use in my business (I do bbq catering). I do plan to use a later model running gear, but I understand that the IFS on these rigs is very good, and with a few mods (disc brakes, shock upgrades), there's no reason to consider an modern IFS under it.

30. skull

skull

cool :D

l'm glad to see progress on the truck...

keep the updates coming, please....

Later :cool: