Register now to get rid of these ads!

62-65 Superstock Mopars picture thread..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by caseyajones, Mar 24, 2008.

1. oj

oj

10.70's! driven to the track! That is just ferocious, damn!

2. Dads426

Dads426
    from Olney, MD

64 that we built ourselves with a warmed over 440 that ran 11.70's in good air through the mufflers. It was later sold to a collector in VA.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  3. Dads426

Dads426
    from Olney, MD

Our current ride is a tribute car to Tom Sneden's 64 Wedge car. With a 499, it runs 10.0's to 10.20's. Our best season this year netted 4 wins, 2 RU in 9 outings. We generally run with 422 Motorsports, but also do some other events.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Dads426

Dads426
    from Olney, MD

The mechanic on the original Bounty Hunters car, Dave Reitz is currently driving this 64 wedge. He plans to run with 422 Motorsports in 2012.

[​IMG]

5. 383man

383man
    from Md

Thank you. Ron

[​IMG]

6. 69hurstsc

69hurstsc

Hey all. Looking for a bunch of help here. I'm trying to help document an old 64 Max Wedge Plymouth Savoy. The car was delivered to Jack Rieger Chrysler Plymouth in San Antonio, January of 1964. First, does anyone remember a 64 Plymouth (Black with Red Interior) being campaigned by this company? Second, are there any Superstock people that I may be able to talk to in helping us document this car?

7. Just came across this on a google search, I don't know how I could have missed this
    great thread!

I hope you don't mind if I join in...

Originally posted on the Friday Art Show a few weeks ago:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

quick85 likes this.
  8. 383man

383man
    from Md

9. 383man

383man
    from Md

10. 383man

383man
    from Md

Brothers 64 from about 6 years ago. Ron

[​IMG]

11. 383man

383man
    from Md

My 63 getting a little air. Ron

[​IMG]

12. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Perhaps the coolest thread on the HAMB! Thanks for posting all the killer photos, guys!

13. rlsteel

rlsteel

that black 63 sport fury rocks RLS

14. Steve1118

Steve1118

OK, I'll bite. I see Kevin and Tommy on there....so, why not? Here's mine, and my son Kyle
    s red 64 Wedge car. This is a cool, cool thread.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  15. 34gasser-65AWB

34gasser-65AWB

LOVE that mint-green '63 Polara!

16. ImForwardlook

ImForwardlook

Well, you are right about the fact that it wasn't used on production Dodges but the Ramchargers used it on their 62 before the Max Wedge came out. They even took the car to the Winternationals with that setup but were happy that the race rained away as they were not happy with the performance of the car. That engine bay pic is from the 62.

17. Anselmi

Anselmi

Here is few pics of my 1963 426 Super Stock 3-speed Savoy. Originally a white car with blue interior, now mostly gutted straight axle gasser with a 440 and 727 automatic. I'm trying to research the history of the car, so any information is greatly appreciated. Last US owners were from Clovis, CA and one before that from Modesto, CA. The car was sold new from Al Roberts Plymouth dealership, Garden Grove, CA.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

quick85 likes this.
  18. Muttley

Muttley

Do you have the name of the previous owner? I live in Clovis and the town isnt that big, I could do a little digging for you if you want. I dont ever remember seeing it around town, how long have you owned it?

19. gilby's garage

gilby's garage

i guess i can give this a bump!
    here is my 1964 aluminum nose max wedge that is hidden away in my garage...

Attached Files:

20. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

I've posted a couple these on the Peterson Dragstrip thread, but might as well add them here too.

First one has to be because of its history. Believe the guys name is Roy Hinxton. This car, per the owner never saw any street miles. 100% original at the time of the photo. wheelwells weren't cut/rolled. all the added gauges were done in such a way as to not mar/damage the original dash.. 383 Cross ram..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

quick85 likes this.
  21. Ahhhhh, Time Travel. I love it. Great pics.....Its amazing to me how one memory can lodge itself so deep as to determine the future for us. When I was about 14 years old, I was with my Dad on a business trip in Rockford, Illinois. At a stoplight, some guy in his 30'-40's pulled alongside in a Tan '63 Dodge with a jacked up front end and a Sun Tach on the dash, and 5 Spokes of some kind on the front. He had a Flat Top haircut and about a 2" fat Cigar in his mouth. He looked over at me, recognized the "fever" in my eyeballs, winked, and when the light went green, he lit those tires up so much that my Dads Station Wagon filled with smoke. That's all I remember....that's all I need to remember. Early Mopars have always impacted me big time.....I LOVE this thread! Centurion9

22. @Beentherebefore: Any more Flying Dutchman photos? I showed the family the one you posted and its one they hadn't seen before. Your shots are way cool.

I've asked Doris and Don if they have any information about a '62. The earliest Flying Dutchman image I have is from '63. When did your dad buy the '62?

23. Beentherebefore

Beentherebefore

"@Beentherebefore: Any more Flying Dutchman photos? I showed the family the one you posted and its one they hadn't seen before. Your shots are way cool."

Sorry, Brother..............that's the only one that I have of that car. Wasn't his name Al Van Der Woudie or something like that? He raced mainly in Southern Calif while I lived in Northern Calif at the time. I was thrilled to catch him at Lodi that day - it was a big $$$ NHRA championship points meet that drew a lot of the drivers up from the south. I had often seen pictures of his car in "National Dragster". Since that is the house newspaper for the NHRA, you might try to contact them (address & phone # on their website) and see if they have any pictures of the car in their archives. I know they have an archives section but I don't know how far back they go.

24. Awesome...thanks for the update. I appreciate you sharing your photos and memories.

I knew Al Vanderwoude for years, and when they moved to Kansas City in the late '60s, their shop was about a mile away from where I lived (and a few hundred yards away from Dick Harrell's shop). As a junior high dweeb, I would hang out at either joint and listen to the cars as they built and tuned them, then watch them run at KCIR (RIP).

Fast forward 35 years and I meet his son Don through one of my employees. I helped build and maintain the 2000 Dodge Avenger funny car that they built and ran for a few years. Al passed in 2001.

25. LOUDpipes

LOUDpipes
    from Finland

A former 4 D with blown Hemi....

Attached Files:

26. six ina row makes mine go

six ina row makes mine go
    from Nashville

That's a sweet plymouth. I'm doing a 2 D post conversion on my 64 dodge right now. Do you have any pics of the build?

Attached Files:

27. Squablow

Squablow

For both of the last posters, yes, 2 door conversion pics, if you got 'em, bust 'em out.

28. six ina row makes mine go

six ina row makes mine go
    from Nashville

29. F500

F500

just ran across this pic.....awesome. the 65 Belvedere is my favorite! :D

30. F500

F500

:p
    I thought this was "62-65"? :p great pic of a 61....one of the ugliest cars ever made. but I LIKE IT! :D